Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico: Eddie Money travel agency is back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico: Eddie Money travel agency is back
    Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 7:25pm
Just when you think it's gone THIS abomination is coming back!

Hated it in the beginning still hate it now. AngrySickThumbs Down

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 7:36pm
Beloved said the same exact thing last night! He's sick of it!

(I admit, I still like it but I don't see it as often as he does.)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 8:00pm
The only expectation why this commercial is airing is because Geico is working on new commercials that are hopefully better than the current bunch of ads OR they just reallly really really like this commercial for some odd reason. I'm thinking the first reason.  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 8:25pm

GEICO     Government Envolved Insurance Company Offends. ALL THE TIME!!!!  IT NEVER STOPS!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!Dead MAKE IT STOP!!!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 9:40pm
Eddie Money is too old to sing that song and appear even semi-respectable, no matter it is his 'big hit', or not. He looks like some old creep ya wanna rob when he closes the door at 5:10 P.M. Send him to 'paradise'; he only needs one wrinkly ticket.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Eddie Money is too old to sing that song and appear even semi-respectable, no matter it is his 'big hit', or not. He looks like some old creep ya wanna rob when he closes the door at 5:10 P.M. Send him to 'paradise'; he only needs one wrinkly ticket.
Couldn't agree more, Pa.  Dude can't carry a tune in a bucket anymore, and on top of that is creepy as hell.  When his eyes are roving over the entire family and he's singing, "Whoa-oh-oh Whoa oh-oh," it creeps me out to no end.  He may as well be singing, "I've got two pieces of harrrrd candy, jump into the back of my van.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 10:36pm
why in the hell does eddie money have a foreign accent? it sounds like hes trying to imitate the scorpions or something
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 10:37pm
The idea is funny on paper. I mean who wouldn't laugh at the fact that Eddie Money runs a travel agency and sings "Two tickets to Paradise" to all his costumers. The problem is he comes off as creepy due to his age and how he sings which is sad. This could of been a big hit but it falls flat on it's face.
yeesh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm
What's really sad is that he's still touring...
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by yeesh yeesh wrote:

What's really sad is that he's still touring...

Actually, thats funny. I chuckle at the thought that someone is saying "Hey, Eddie Money is playing this weekend! Lets get some tickets and go!".

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:59pm
In all seriousness - and I really mean no disrespect - but did he have some type of illness or stroke?
I lke a few Eddie Money songs (including this one) but I don't understand how he went from what he used to be - to essentially looknig like Mickey Rourke and singing like Sylvester Stallone.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 7:10am
I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a stroke; it would explain how he went from having a decent voice to sounding like a drunk creepy guy at the bar trying to sing the song on karaoke night. It was a fun idea for a commercial, but his singing just makes it torturous.
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 12:54am
He's terrible and creepy! He never had the finest voice in rock music, but he sounds like some random 60 year old alcoholic the drug in off the street. Young people who don't know the song Two Tickets To Paradise or who Eddie Money is will see him as just that.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 4:02am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Couldn't agree more, Pa.  Dude can't carry a tune in a bucket anymore, and on top of that is creepy as hell.  When his eyes are roving over the entire family and he's singing, "Whoa-oh-oh Whoa oh-oh," it creeps me out to no end.  He may as well be singing, "I've got two pieces of harrrrd candy, jump into the back of my van." 

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh no you di'nt! Thanks for that much needed laugh!

Yes, this commercial sucks. Someone ought to put him (and those two hipster doofuses with the guitars) out of OUR misery.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Couldn't agree more, Pa.  Dude can't carry a tune in a bucket anymore, and on top of that is creepy as hell.  When his eyes are roving over the entire family and he's singing, "Whoa-oh-oh Whoa oh-oh," it creeps me out to no end.  He may as well be singing, "I've got two pieces of harrrrd candy, jump into the back of my van." 

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh no you di'nt! Thanks for that much needed laugh!

Yes, this commercial sucks. Someone ought to put him (and those two hipster doofuses with the guitars) out of OUR misery.

Who are those two guys anyway? I get the idea that the whole "You know who's happy" schtick is their regular act.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Who are those two guys anyway? I get the idea that the whole "You know who's happy" schtick is their regular act.

One is Alex Harvey, a musician and director.  The other is Timothy Ryan Cole, a comedian and actor.  This, per Wikipedia.

To the rest of us old folks, Alex Harvey is not that Alex Harvey.  He's dead and thus, no longer "sensational".

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

One is Alex Harvey, a musician and director.  The other is Timothy Ryan Cole, a comedian and actor.  This, per Wikipedia.

So wait, they hire a musician and a comedian, and then...have them refrain from showing any musical or comedic talent? Brilliant.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

So wait, they hire a musician and a comedian, and then...have them refrain from showing any musical or comedic talent? Brilliant.
ClapLOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:26am
how can anyone hate this commercial? it's cracks me up everytime
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Just when you think it's gone THIS abomination is coming back!

Hated it in the beginning still hate it now. AngrySickThumbs Down

AngryDeadThumbs Down
Julie
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by 133 133 wrote:

how can anyone hate this commercial? it's cracks me up everytime
Really? I was wondering how anyone could like it. It makes me want to punch Eddie Money, the two douchebags, and that entire family in the gob.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 3:33pm
Eddie really does sound like he's either had serious health or serious drug issues.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 4:27pm
 It never went away where I live!

I like some of his songs, but in this commercial he sounds like a drunken, third rate karaoke singer instead of someone who actually made money making music at any point.Unhappy
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Eddie really does sound like he's either had serious health or serious drug issues.
Geico is ready to finance his next project. Please don't sing in public anymore Money man.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:24pm
At least you know they're going after the 40 plus crowd. I mean, how many kids nowadays even know who Eddie Money is?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic