Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discover "it" Card (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discover "it" Card (video)
    Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 9:44pm
LOL
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 9:59pm
It is funny. I love it. Discover is probably the best card evr . They do not offend here often on CIH. But I do have a problem with them. My wonderful wifey has had an account with them for a long time . I was added when we were married some 3 or 7 years ago ,whatever. I have a card with my name on it from discover , Yet they still send mail  , All the time.. I am already there Discover  Give me a break.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 10:45pm
Confused...where's 'Peggy'?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

It is funny. I love it. Discover is probably the best card evr . They do not offend here often on CIH. But I do have a problem with them. My wonderful wifey has had an account with them for a long time . I was added when we were married some 3 or 7 years ago ,whatever. I have a card with my name on it from discover , Yet they still send mail  , All the time.. I am already there Discover  Give me a break.
The mail seems to have stopped but I get telemarketer recordings offering to lower my credit card interest to 6.9%. The first time I stayed on the line for an actual person and explained that I was not interested in "lowering" my 3.25% card to 6.9%. They keep calling anyway. When I was getting mail much of it was from my card company.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 9:33pm
I don't miss "Peggy" one bit. I'm glad at least he's gone. Unfortunately, people like this fat, annoying, stereotype have taken his place.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 9:55pm
^^^ You know that's right.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I don't miss "Peggy" one bit. I'm glad at least he's gone. Unfortunately, people like this fat, annoying, stereotype have taken his place.

I hate this commercial so godd*mn much.  "Mmm-hmm, fo shizzle bizzle I ain't no damn matchine!  Oh lawdy no, I ain't!"
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 3:29am
Seriously, they need to discontinue this g*ddamn commercial.  It comes on EVERY commercial break, and I have to race for  the remote. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:25pm
Nothing's worse than the fat, sassy, chick shtick!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Nothing's worse than the fat, sassy, chick shtick!

It's on almost every damn break in the NHL playoffs.  Son of a BITCH! 

- Mark Twain

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 3:19am
I love that thick lady! She's just keeping it real.
The Discover ad I currently hate is the one with goodie-goodie guy who says : " oh shoot! " .
He's such a douchnozzle!
One man gathers what another man spills
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:02am
Four years and counting, and they're STILL airing the one with the fat woman. Dead

And lately, of course, there's these two blondes...

... and these two tools with hipster stubble. I've seen the guy who plays the service rep before, too. He plays the same kind of "everyman" twerp in a few other ads.

OK, Discover adholes, listen and listen good... STOP IT! Thumbs Down

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic