Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who's playing in the Supertolietbowl this year?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's playing in the Supertolietbowl this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's playing in the Supertolietbowl this year?
    Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 7:02pm
No, not the football teams...I mean what TV commercials do you think will be played during the Superbowl this year?

I'm guessing that the following companies will be advertising this year (in no particular order, of course).

1: Pepsi
2: Hyundai
3: Doritos
4: GoDaddy.com
5: Esurance
6: Geico
7: Budweiser
8: Coors
9: Disaronno (booze)

There will of course be others, but these are simply the ones that came right off the bat.

So, any guesses? Question

Sponsored Links

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 8:14pm
Definitely the beer companies. Bud Light used to have really good ones, but they've gotten really over the top lately.

In fact, I'd say Super Bowl commercials are trying too hard to stand out. They used to be witty and creative, but now it's all about trying to be as outrageous and over-the-top as possible. Usually it falls flat, and very forced.

Doritos will probably have their user-submitted ads again.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 9:33pm
Coke & Pepsi both have deep pockets, they'll have something.

Likewise with the beer companies.

Not so sure about GoDaddy. Danica is doing little if any commercials now.

If Denver makes it, Papa Johns will surely have commercials.

Chevy, Ford and Dodge will all have their pick'em up truck ads. Reruns probably.

I suspect a new Fiat commercial.

Doritos: they always have something.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 10:00pm
I'm sure Eli Lilly and/or Pfizer will have their Prescription Drug ads polluting the airwaves (Before Halftime, when all the Kiddies are watching). Thumbs DownDeadAngry
Poiuyt Power!!!
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:08am
new Volkswagen ads
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 2:19pm
I wouldn't put it past Budweiser to somehow tie in the Clydesdales pausing to reflect either on Hurricane Sandy and/or Sandy Hook.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 3:28pm
I don't know and won't know after the game is over.  Whenever I watch the Super Bowl, I make it a point to change the channel during commercial breaks and the halftime freakshow for the simple reason that both of those things try to act like they're as important as the game itself.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 3:33pm
Pizza Hut most likely, too.

Taco Bell, possibly?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 3:36pm
Yo Quiero Taco Bell!!!

(I used to think that this meant, "Taco Bell is gay!!!") LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:09pm
If the Packers make it, I just ask that State Farm keeps its snarky commercials out of the lineup. I reach for the remote anytime I see a State Farm ad w/him in it.

I'm sure Go Daddy will have one of their "Too Hot For TV" commercials...and no male over the age of 14 will care... LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I wouldn't put it past Budweiser to somehow tie in the Clydesdales pausing to reflect either on Hurricane Sandy and/or Sandy Hook.

That would be nice.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 10:21pm
I make it a point to change the channel during commercial breaks and the halftime freakshow for the simple reason that both of those things try to act like they're as important as the game itself.

Heard Beyonce is performing the halftime show.
Probably will be lots of channel changing....
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I make it a point to change the channel during commercial breaks and the halftime freakshow for the simple reason that both of those things try to act like they're as important as the game itself.

Probably will be lots of channel changing....
There's always the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:28am

That would be nice.

Nice & cheesey.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:34am

If that turns out to be true, not only will I not be watching the game, I will unplug my TV set just to make sure it doesn't accidentally get turned on while she's..... "performing" for lack of a better term.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:51pm
I'm not really into her music. Beyonce. But she is probably THE hottest black woman on the planet. She was pretty good in the movie I saw, also.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:40pm
I'm not much into BeyoncĂ© Knowles' style of music either...I think I'll skip the halftime show thankyouverymuch. Dead

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:58pm
Beyonce? I'll pass.

I was driving in to work this morning and CCR (that's Creedence Clearwater Revival for anyone who didn't know) and I was thinking "Damn! John Fogarty would be a great half time show!" But, noooooooo - that dream got snuffed!

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:59pm

^ Sorry, I meant to say CCR was on the radio.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If that turns out to be true, not only will I not be watching the game, I will unplug my TV set just to make sure it doesn't accidentally get turned on while she's..... "performing" for lack of a better term.

It is true, and my cable box will be going nowhere near the channel once the first half ends.  I wouldn't be surprised if she takes the opportunity to make another pregnancy announcement via an attention whorish baby bump rub like she did with the first one.  Dead
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I'm not really into her music. Beyonce. But she is probably THE hottest black woman on the planet. She was pretty good in the movie I saw, also.

Ehh she's pretty, but I don't even think Beyonce was the hottest member of Destiny's Child.  I'd take Kelly Rowland over her any day of the week.  (Remember, just my opinion Wink )
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Nah. Nia Long, just off the top of my head, although I had a long-standing crush on Tamia...still do!

Not a Beyonce fan at all...she's nice to look at, but I find her overrated, and most of her songs irritating.

That movie you saw wouldn't have been Obsessed, would it? That one sucked. LOL
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

Nah. Nia Long, just off the top of my head, although I had a long-standing crush on Tamia...still do!

Mine was Rozonda Thomas (aka Chilli from TLC):

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:20pm

Beyonce? I'll pass.

I was driving in to work this morning and CCR (that's Creedence Clearwater Revival for anyone who didn't know) and I was thinking "Damn! John Fogarty would be a great half time show!" But, noooooooo - that dream got snuffed!

He would be an awesome halftime show!!! Clap

There are few performers who are as fun to watch as Fogarty is.

You can tell that he is just having a blast playing those old songs.

Sadly, I think he has probably been out of the mainstream for too long to "rate" a spot on that stage.

Stevie Wonder would be a good choice, though. Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:31pm
^^ Stevie Wonder would've also been a logical choice for the NFL since Bud Light's been using Superstition in a few of their recent football related commercials.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic