Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Walgreens Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Walgreens Commercial
    Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 7:16pm
I could not for the life of me find the video but it starts out with a man and woman sitting at the breakfast table and he's eating a donut and the wife (I think?) is getting irritated. She grabs it from him and viciously tears it apart and gives him a "healthier" alternative. It's like come on. Let the man have a donut! Men are not as self-conscious about their image as much as women are. I think she was just jealous. Your opinion?
When Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future.
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 7:20pm
Maybe he has high cholesterol or a diabetes.  I doubt that she was worried about his image.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:19pm
I saw this one today for the first time, too.  Must be new.  The wife rips that donut to smithereens.  And the husband just takes it.

Here 'tis, by the way:

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:28pm
I've seen it and it pisses me off!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 4:19am
I want a doughnut.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 4:42am
If she grabbed the doughnut out of my hand and crumbled it like that, I'd say, "B*tch, you'd better be getting me another one." 

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 4:56pm
NEXT TIME I'M GOING TO STAND-UP TO HER!!! no i'm not..... Sorry. I was thinking of a different stupid commercial.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 5:21pm
Yeah, this one is pretty rude. I can't stand when people touch my food or try to lecture me on healthy eating, and I'm not even a typical fat, stupid TV husband!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 5:50pm
No matter what the man's physical problems are, I'm sure they're in tip-top shape in comparison to his wife's mental health.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 6:09pm
Why did she "allow" him to have the doughnut in the first place? Was it only so she could later remind him who is in charge?
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 6:32pm
More hubby abuse, and another spot proclaiming that abuse is okay as long as it's the woman who is the instigator.

On the other hand, I sure am glad that disgusting "blender" commercial is off the air. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:08am
I really don't want to keep harping on this one but: 1. What does this have to do with Walgreens. I have never seen tables in Walgreens. Are we even sure it is Walgreens? I only saw it once and was not paying close attention (It's a commercial) maybe they have come to their senses and pulled it but the grab and tear-up the doughnut got my attention.  2. If the husband would have grabbed his "fugly" wives doughnut, non diet soda, or KFC in this commercial and just threw it in the trash it would have escalated to man vs women assault! When did we go beyond sexual equality? I have been pro sexual equality since I was a teenager. I have experienced some female military pilots/aircrew who were exceptional and some who were not. Just like their male counterparts. Why in "commercial-land" are men constantly bullied by these controlling bi**ches? Which seems to be perfectly OK.  
tass View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:49am
I'm confused. So Walgreen's is saying don't buy these crappy stale powdered donuts they sell?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/hostess-donettes-mini-donuts/ID=prod6068226-product

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Maybe he has high cholesterol or a diabetes.  

No, he has a 120 pound bitch attached to his backside that's sucking the life out of him....  LOL
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:31am
To be quite frank, that woman is a f***ing BITCH! Talk about anger problems, she needs to be bitch slapped and forced to buy her husband and me a doughnut after that stupid stunt of hers. Men aren't as insecure about themselves like you are, you self-centered bitch! Next time you want to have a bitch fit, go take a whack at a punching bag, and let the man have his doughnut in peace, you BITCH!

Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I saw this one today for the first time, too.  Must be new.  The wife rips that donut to smithereens.  And the husband just takes it.

Here 'tis, by the way:

I don't know how I missed seeing the link. I can see now the couple are at their kitchen table. There is a Walgreens bag in the background. Is the bi*ch replacing the donette with a smoothie that probably contains the same amount of sugar? Is Walgreens possibly trying to convey that Hostess is gone but they still sell other sugary snacks? Naaa!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 3:58pm
Replacing a meal with a smoothie I don't think is healthy either. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need a big breakfast to get through the rest of the day. Smile
tonyv4488 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyv4488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 10:38pm
I LOVE that commercial!! I laugh out loud every time I see it!!  My new favorite.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 11:09pm
My mum's the exact same way with this commercial. Loves it. I don't mind it, because the guy is totally unphased by everything. Just watches her, gets his new meal, and carries on with reading the paper.

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Replacing a meal with a smoothie I don't think is healthy either. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need a big breakfast to get through the rest of the day. Smile
False.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

My mum's the exact same way with this commercial. Loves it. I don't mind it, because the guy is totally unphased by everything. Just watches her, gets his new meal, and carries on with reading the paper.

False.

You appear to be right!Stern Smile

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 11:32pm
Yep.

I follow a 'diet' (eating lifestyle if you want it to work) called intermittent fasting. 16 hours of fasting (8 hours of sleep) with all daily needs filled in an 8 hour window.

Cuts down my appetite immensely (The breakfast thing always had me eating more), and in some cases, people have gained muscle in spite of being in a caloric deficit using this method.

Of course, it's still important to get in a good balance of protein and fat, but just eating this way alone would probably do wonders for the average person.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:41am

I tried that propaganda once in the early 70's.  They were pushing "have cereal, toast, and a glass of orange juice for breakfast" (and maybe eggs & bacon too.)   I was so full I was miserable.  If I'd eaten like that every morning I'd have been as big as a walrus.  Now lunch, that should be the biggest meal of the day....  LOL
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 5:51am
Bitch would have gotten slapped if she did that to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic