Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL Playoffs
    Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 10:44pm
Well, the field is set and my Giants didn't make the show.

Reckon I'll jump on the Seattle Seahawks bandwagon. 
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 10:48pm
Is that the classic pissed off head coach clip? Mora? Didn't he coach the Colts for a while?
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 11:30pm
My Bears didn't make it, either, and Lovie Smith got fired.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Is that the classic pissed off head coach clip? Mora? Didn't he coach the Colts for a while?

Maybe, since he was wearing a Colts shirt and Colts' logos are in the background.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 11:49pm
Oh, by the way, my Bengals are in it again.  Maybe not too long, but better than the alternative.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 1:45am

I have 168 characters remaining.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Maybe, since he was wearing a Colts shirt and Colts' logos are in the background.

yes Hooty, The blind obvious, I am native of Indiana and I remember when this was current sports news.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

I was a bit surprised he got shown the door that soon. Reckon it was "make the playoffs or else".
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 12:00pm
Hey!!!
My Seahawks are in like flint as they say! Tongue

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 2:12pm
My Cowboys crapped the bed...again. I'm used to it, and of course I'll use the popular "We'll be back next year", and then make this same post a year from now. Embarrassed
The poster formerly known as producer757
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

I was shocked that they let him go.   Crazy thing is, if the Vikings had lost to the Packers, Chicago would be playing next week and Lovie would still have a job.

In light of Tiz posting Jim Mora's famous press conference rant, this is the first rant regarding the Bears that came to mind:

For a preseason game, Denny sure was ticked off about losing it LOL

As for my Texans ... the top seed was theirs to lose, and they lost it.  So now instead of a bye this week, even if they get by Cincy (who by the way has been playing damn good recently) on Saturday, it's back up to New England in the next round to likely endure another nationally televised ass kicking courtesy of Brady/Belichick.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:51pm
It isn't NFL, but this hit happened in one of the college bowl games yesterday.  How the dude's head didn't fly off along with the helmet is beyond me LOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 11:10pm
^^LOL  The previous play Michigan "was given" a first down even though the chains were right there, showing them short.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 11:39pm
I would never make of Jadeveon Clowney's name. 
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 4:15am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

For a preseason game, Denny sure was ticked off about losing it LOL

That wasn't preseason...I remember that game all too well. It was a Sunday night game...Chicago was down by about 20 and came back to win by 1.

They used that rant on Coors Light commercials, along with Jim Mora's. LOL LOL LOL
The poster formerly known as producer757
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 3:14pm
^^ Ahhh that's right .. his preseason allusion in the rant was because they'd played Chicago in the preseason, wasn't it?  

And lest we forget Derek Anderson's 15 minutes of fame a couple years ago (and would've also made for a good Coors Light press conference commercial had they gone for it LOL):

I don't even know if he's still playing.  If he is, it's as a 2nd stringer.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:34pm
Big smileThe BEST thing about NFL Playoffs is that the 2013 MLB season is right around the corner - even Nightradah will have to bow before 'America's Sport'...(but he IS such a considerate soul, doncha know - he always cranks up the yearly BaseBall thread for me!Wink)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:52pm
Go Bengals!  Go Reds! 
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smileThe BEST thing about NFL Playoffs is that the 2013 MLB season is right around the corner - even Nightradah will have to bow before 'America's Sport'...(but he IS such a considerate soul, doncha know - he always cranks up the yearly BaseBall thread for me!Wink)

Pitchers & catchers usually report right around my birthday, so in a way that's a yearly birthday present for me, knowing that Spring Training is just around the corner.  Of course I don't expect the Astros to give much to cheer about this year .. coming off of back to back 100 loss seasons and moving into a tougher league and division. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Pitchers & catchers usually report right around my birthday, so in a way that's a yearly birthday present for me, knowing that Spring Training is just around the corner.  Of course I don't expect the Astros to give much to cheer about this year .. coming off of back to back 100 loss seasons and moving into a tougher league and division. 

WinkThe Astros have managed to hire the ONLY BLIND CLEANUP man in the Major Leagues (well, since Dave kingman) - Carlos Pena. Welcome to the AL, Astros - and your first 120-loss AL season.
Sorry, I123 - I really liked the Astros once upon a time, when J.R. Richard was pitching, or when Ryan & Neikro were there, if not Bagwell, Biggio, and Berkman...but they make a great Girls' School Team, this year.

And, well...Hooty? The Reds? Ludwick? LOL Chapman as a starter? LOL Your new 'lead-off' man (fastest runner in Korea)? LOL
Go REDS! But where?...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:30pm
Just wait, mr. wolf...whose your team again???
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 11:01pm
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:13pm
So the Skins were the only team not to defend their home turf.  I'm not sure how much of that had to do with Griffin's bad knee, or if Seattle would've beaten them regardless of his health.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:28pm

I used to love football.  Over the past 10 years or so, it just seems to me that it has become a mockery of its former self.  It's just not near as fun to watch anymore as it used to be.  I've never been a fan of high-scoring games, and the way the NFL has geared the rules, that's about all you see anymore.  I miss the defensive struggles where games would be won by a score of 6-3 more often than not.  Now it's all hot-dogging, offensive scoring, touchdown celebration douche-baggery. 

Not to mention the officiating.  Yeesh.  I remember when everyone was freaking out for the original officials to return from strike.  I still can't figure that one out, because it sure as hell seemed to me that the scab officials were much more impartial and less sh*tty than the original refs. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 5:43pm
San Fran & Green Bay at halftime looked like they were gonna come down to the final drive or even overtime, but didn't happen.  All week long the analysts were talking about how the Pack's defense was improved with the return of Woodson, yet they gave up damn near 600 yards.

The Falcons are damn lucky they weren't yet again a 1 and done, but it's not gonna get any easier, and given how bad they were at stopping Cam Newton in both games against Carolina, Colin Kaepernick is probably licking his chops.

What a game in Denver .. Flacco's TD throw to tie it was amazing, but what in the hell was Denver's safety thinking?   I'm happy for Ray Lewis, getting one more shot at reaching the Super Bowl before he hangs it up.  I don't see it happening, but then again no one outside of Baltimore saw them winning Saturday either.

My Texans, well ... LOL. But hey if nothing else, at least can say they had the lead for most of the first quarter.  But when Danieal Manning got tackled before getting to the endzone on the opening kickoff, I (and I betcha every Texans fan) knew they were gonna have to settle for a FG before Schaub even snapped the ball on 1st down, and knew it was gonna be another blowout.   Congrats to Brady for moving into 1st all time for QB postseason wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic