Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suze Orman Acura

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1GirlieGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suze Orman Acura
    Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 7:21pm
One word: pointless.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 8:59pm
One more word:

CLICKY--->>>Direct Link To This Post
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 9:01pm
Welcome!

I'll add a few more words. Suze has made a very good living urging people to live sensibly and not make risky or stupid financial decisions. Why is she now appearing to advocate reckless driving?

Really, really, bad ad campaign.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 9:05pm
PaWolf, do you know why the search function never seems to work for me any more? For example, if I search for "suze" (and choose the forums.... option), I get no matches -- not to this thread or to the one you clicky-d to. In other recent searches, I get nothing, or a few matches but only to very old threads, when I think there are probably more recent ones. In the more distant past, the search usually returned the matches I expected.

If this is happening to other people, it may explain the duplicate threads to some extent.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 9:17pm
Absolutely nothing wrong with duplicate threads.....

WinkIt is known to be a shortcoming of the 'search' feature.
Use ADVANCED SEARCH/ACURA/TOPIC/NO DATE RANGE 

~~~

And, well...yes - the thread originally cranked up contained the name of the Acura ad campaign and does not mention Suze Orman or Dr. Shill, or others...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
1GirlieGirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1GirlieGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 9:35pm
Thanks for taking the time to welcome me - without snark, even!

Good point you made, I hadn't thought of that angle. She's just so clearly appearing for literally a few seconds simply to collect a fat paycheck.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by HatyMcHater HatyMcHater wrote:

PaWolf, do you know why the search function never seems to work for me any more? For example, if I search for "suze" (and choose the forums.... option), I get no matches -- not to this thread or to the one you clicky-d to. In other recent searches, I get nothing, or a few matches but only to very old threads, when I think there are probably more recent ones. In the more distant past, the search usually returned the matches I expected.

If this is happening to other people, it may explain the duplicate threads to some extent.

The search function, including the advanced search option, is outmoded, and everyone has one problem or another with it at some point.  Always give it a try, but don't spend more than a few minutes dealing with it.  Not worth it.

One thing I've discovered is that sometimes you can do a Google search on the subject, including the words "commercials i hate", and you stand a better chance of coming up with results.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 9:58pm
^Further, if you add Site: before commercialsihate.com, it'll typically limit the searh to only pages on this website.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

^Further, if you add Site: before commercialsihate.com, it'll typically limit the searh to only pages on this website.

I'll go with that.  After all, you were the one who told me that I could italicize, embolden and underline using the Ctrl button.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 10:08pm
well, as a heads up, it doesn't seem to work with Windows 8...or at least Internet 9.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 3:00pm
Thanks, everyone, for the help on the search.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 4:02pm

Welcome!

I'll add a few more words. Suze has made a very good living urging people to live sensibly and not make risky or stupid financial decisions. Why is she now appearing to advocate reckless driving?

I despise Suze Orman.

I watched her here & there & all she does is tell people what common effing sense shoulda told them to begin with, then gets them to waste their money on her stupid useless books & DVD's.

I wish her & that other phony shyster "Dr." Wayne Dyer would get married then disappear somewhere together.

Like the middle of the Pacific, maybe.

People are such gullible sheep.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by 1GirlieGirl 1GirlieGirl wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to welcome me - without snark, even!

Good point you made, I hadn't thought of that angle. She's just so clearly appearing for literally a few seconds simply to collect a fat paycheck.

As if the pig doesn't already have enough money.

No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

Hard to blame them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:43am
Suze Orman is a quack. My Financial Planning professors mocked her frequently. Some of her advice is common sense, but a lot of it is trying to be one-size-fits-all in an industry that is anything but. I suppose it's better than nothing but if you can even afford a 1-hour consultation with a CFP or Financial Counselor you'll be MUCH better off. Seeing her shill for Acura makes me trust their brand less.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:47am
Don't even know who Suze Orman is. Is she supposed to be a household name or something, like the person actually recognizing seems to imply?

Anyway, I don't get what we're supposed to learn from these Acura commercials, other than if you indulge yourself in even the slightest way, a pampered rich celebrity will kidnap you and almost kill you in a car accident, all while insulting you on the way you spend YOUR money that YOU EARNED!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Don't even know who Suze Orman is.

I envy you.

C'mon, man!
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 11:44pm
She's a mannish bright orange colored shrill voiced shouting lady with a personality driven "financial advice" show.
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Welcome!

I despise Suze Orman.

I watched her here & there & all she does is tell people what common effing sense shoulda told them to begin with, then gets them to waste their money on her stupid useless books & DVD's.

I wish her & that other phony shyster "Dr." Wayne Dyer would get married then disappear somewhere together.

Like the middle of the Pacific, maybe.

People are such gullible sheep.
I don't like Suze Orman, either. Most gurus of her ilk apparently aren't good enough at arithmetic or fail to realize that people who make less than $10.00 ($15.00?) can't save up money unless they opt to be homeless! Either that, or live like the Amish (no electricity, gas, TV, phone, etc.)

But far more obnoxious is the whole irony of Acura's "Season of Reason" tagline accompanied by reckless driving! One would think that mature minded people wouldn't be affected by ads like this, but I've noticed that a lot of the people on the freeway who ride my @$$ as if they were in a NASCAR race are driving the same makes of cars shown being driven like bats out of hell on TV.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 10:48pm
Prior to this thread I didn't even know who the hell she was, much less have been able to recognize her if she pulled up beside me on the street. Least effective "celebrity" spokesperson ever.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 11:39pm
"SUZE" has been on TV for YEARS telling everybody how they supposedly can be as rich as she is, her "advice" which involves a lot of I see as common-sense strategy and a lot of dumb luck, DKS. You probably don't see much PBS TV, I guess.

Dr. Dan, I don't think there's much chance of SUZE and WAYNE getting  married, since SUZE swings the other way, and is already married to Kathy somebody-or-other.

Yeah, I don't get what Acura is trying to accomplish with these "celebrities" driving recklessly...unless they are just trying to mock the good advice that they supposedly give...whatever, the commercials don't work.

and WTF is Santa doing in one of these?!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 12:26am
Suze also made many appearances on Oprah and has a Saturday night show on CNBC. In fairness to her, there are plenty of nimrods (or unfortunate people) who contact her each week in need of her "common sense" advice, so she definitely has an audience of people for whom the sense is not so common.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I despise Suze Orman.

I watched her here & there & all she does is tell people what common effing sense shoulda told them to begin with, then gets them to waste their money on her stupid useless books & DVD's....

People are such gullible sheep

ConfusedQUIT BEING SUCH A GURLY-MULE! Or would you prefer a little K-Y with your Whine?
Jeeeeeeeeeezzz!
She's the perfect strong woman for a REAL MAN to lasso and bring back to 'The Right Side of the Corral'.
Go for it, ol'Mule! She could support you forever!
With a smile. 

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 4:05am
Suze Orman:  "Hey!  Want to make a million dollars in the stock market?  Start with two million!"

(Yeah, not a real quote.... Wink )
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 9:55pm
There are a couple other versions of this commercial with Dr. Phil and Santa Claus.  They too are driving like maniacs.  What point is Accura trying to make?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic