Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen
    Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 12:13am
Can't find a video for this commercial.

This imbecile is like a female Guy Fieri. The stupid outfits, the faux edgy attitude, the exaggerated hand gestures, body movement, and facial expressions. That there's anyone who doesn't find this schtick grating is beyond me.
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 12:26am
Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

This imbecile is like a female Guy Fieri. The stupid outfits, the faux edgy attitude, the exaggerated hand gestures, body movement, and facial expressions. That there's anyone who doesn't find this schtick grating is beyond me.

I agree 500%. This should go to television related rants
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 12:50am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I agree 500%. This should go to television related rants
I can relate to finding the proper place to post our rants. No harm. No foul. Reguarding Nadia G. I watched about 1/2 of one of her shows.  It's not for me. She is actually from Canada. I saw the 'food network holliday commercials where she had the makeup scraped off and was pretty. Her show seems to project a female version of a 'La Costa Nostra' 'Wise guy' in her accent and body language. I don't care what her recipes are. She completly turns me off. By the way I like Guy Fierie's DDD. 
Cantstanzya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cantstanzya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 2:38am
There is a promo that keeps running over and over so technically he could be ranting about the actual commercial, which is very grating. She has these crazy eyes and this fugetaboutit accent when she says "aGAIN and aGAIN, but in a FESTIVE way!" It is annoying. The clips show her trying to be a rock star chef or something. Why do these celebrity chefs have to always be annoying or have some goofy gimmick? Can't they get famous for just being good cooks? I've never seen the show and judging from the commercial I probably never will.
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 11:20am
Yes, it's specially the promo for her show I'm kvetching about. Can't bring myself to actually watch the show.
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 11:57am
i saw this commercial, i dont know who this is but i saw some exaggerated person acting like a bitch in a kitchen. then i heard the title bitch in kitchen. i thought that couldnt have possibly been the title of the show. but alas
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 7:15pm

I found a promo not sure if this is the one you're talking about.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I found a promo not sure if this is the one you're talking about.

Wow.  That's some annoying schtick.  How about you teach me how to cook something instead of being an aggravating b*tch?
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 12:07am

Yes, it's specially the promo for her show I'm kvetching about. Can't bring myself to actually watch the show.
Sorry bout that. I have unfortunately seen the promos. I saw the holliday promo again today and was still amazed how much better she looks. You would still have to pay me quite a bit to watch the show.
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 12:36am
That's not the commercial that's been getting a lot of airtime lately, but it certainly gives a taste of how annoying she is.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:59am
i like her Embarrassed

blame food network/cooking channel; there's so few actual cooking shows they produce these days, the ones they do rely so much on schtick. i don't always like what she cooks, but she makes interesting dishes.
sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:51am
That's ok, Dizz; to each his own. I watch a few Food Network shows on Demand, and they can't show one of them without a promo for this idiot's show. This is so obviously a fake persona; someone who responded to a casting call stating "Looking for attractive female chefs with ATTITUDE," that it makes me ill. She's not a cook; she's a marketing strategy.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 5:39am
i know she started off doing this as a webisode type thing, but i definitely wouldn't put it past her that this is a fake persona she adopted (or at least an amplified version of herself or someone she knows/knew) to gain more viewers, which led to her show on fn canada, which led to the show on the cooking channel.

but as someone who enjoys the show, even i admit the non-stop commercials are tiresome. they're on more than the show is. cable networks as a whole suffer from this problem: they advertise a programme non-stop to hype it up (even if it isn't new), not realising they're advertising a show on the same channel. i'm already watching food network or cooking channel. odds are i'd be more likely to be aware of this show already. ease up guys, instead of picking a couple of favourite shows to advertise the crap out of, maybe make people aware of all of your shows?
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 6:12am
Barefoot Contessa, and Giada are pretty much the only two Food Network cooks I enjoyed. I liked Rachel Ray, but more for her $40 a day show than her cooking show.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic