Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Give a Give a Garmin ! (PUKE)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give a Give a Garmin ! (PUKE)
    Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 8:27am
I fuc*k*ng hate Garmin for these commercials. It's TV terrorism! And the ones on the radio where the kid sings makes me want to hurl and then curse anything related to this car directional device. I hate Christmas music and I detest, yes detest these commercials. I wish that chick driving that SUV would skid on the ice in this commercial and then manage to skid right into Bonnie's CVS knocking Bonnie off her Seg Way and out of her soiled Depends! That Give A Give A Garmin can possess your mind. Thank God we have less than 2 weeks to this fricking holiday. Just put me and my cat into a deep relaxing sleep and wake us on January 1 st.! As I said if you think this one's bad the ones on the radio are pure hell! 
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:00pm
OMG I hate it that they sh*tified a great Christmas song into "givea givea givea-giveaGarmin" ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE IT STOP!

f**ktards I forgot what the original song said since they polluted the airwaves with this crap. Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

f**ktards I forgot what the original song said since they polluted the airwaves with this crap. Angry

That'd be Carol of the Bells Wink  Allow me to cleanse thee of the Garmin ripoff sh*t:

Hark! how the bells, sweet silver bells
All seem to say, throw cares away.
Christmas is here, bringing good cheer
To young and old, (meek and the bold)
Ding, dong, ding, dong, that is their song,
With joyful ring, (all caroling)
One seems to hear words of good cheer
From everywhere, (filling the air)
O, how they pound, raising the sound
O'er hill and dale, telling their tale

Gaily they ring, while people sing
Songs of good cheer, christmas is here!
Merry, merry, merry, merry christmas!

On, on they send, on without end
Their joyful tone to every home
(Hark! how the bells, sweet silver bells
All seem to say, throw cares away.)
Christmas is here, bringing good cheer
To young and old, (meek and the bold)
Ding, dong, ding, dong, that is their song
With joyful ring, (all caroling.)
One seems to hear words of good cheer
From everywhere, (filling the air)
O, how they pound, raising the sound
O'er hill and dale, telling their tale

Gaily they ring, while people sing
Songs of good cheer, christmas is here!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

That'd be Carol of the Bells Wink  Allow me to cleanse thee of the Garmin ripoff sh*t:

Thank you! Smile
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:55pm
I think the blond with the 'unibrow' is kinda cute, if'n she'd lose the 'unibrow'.
~~~
Actually, I like the GARMIN commercials.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:56pm
I'll just be glad once Christmas is done till next year. Enough of the Christmas music already. It all starts earlier and earlier each year. The only Christmas music I like is the Phil Specter Wall of Sound Christmas album especially the Ronettes Slay Ride. And Jose Feliciano Feliz Navidad.
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

...The only Christmas music I like is the Phil Specter Wall of Sound Christmas album...
LOLIsn't it the 'Phil Spector Wall of Isolation', these days?!

Phil Spector
Sues from Inside Prison --
My House Is Being Murdered

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/19/phil-spector-lawsuit-murder-house-landslides/#ixzz2ErlEGOBb
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DiningCar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiningCar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 8:46am
This airs here twice back to back about every fifteen minutes, and I almost break the radio in my hurry to turn it off.  What really gets me is that it not only obscures what brand is being advertised, but even what type of product.  I finally convinced myself it was something like Watchimals, if it's fun for children or whatever.  So it's the most annoying ad of the year, and after a hundred times, I still didn't come close to guessing what it's advertising.  Good job, advertising department!  I hate you.
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:42am
so this is that war on christmas billo the clown has been screaming about
lahnnabell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lahnnabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 2:22pm
I don't know about you, but if I'm shopping in my home town of suburbi-whatever, I don't typically get lost.  Maybe she doesn't get out much?  Y'know with the baby and all?  I bet hubby got her that Garmin.  But her didn't give her enough money for a wax!

And what's with the f-truckload of presents in the back?  Christmas has always made me thankful for my tiny family.
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 5:17pm
I don't even have a clue what "Garmin.com" is, nor do I care. But I hate these torturous commercials!
AgitatedMonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgitatedMonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 1:32am
Granted,

Their sacrilegious modification of a great song is sin in and of itself.

But my real beef is with the concept of automated navigation for the masses. 

Learn how to read a map or surrender your keys! 

These devices are just another insidious way to make people feel "safe", make peoples hectic lives easier..and remove any sense of self reliance.  

Sheep... being lead by devices... made by the Chinese.

Heaven those useless souls who can't locate the nearest Starbucks on a business trip to Akron.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 4:54pm
Honestly, do people still buy GPS units, considering you can get the same thing on your smartphone? My phone navigation works just fine, although it gets kinda obnoxious the closer you get to your destination.
The poster formerly known as producer757
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by AgitatedMonk AgitatedMonk wrote:

Granted,

These devices are just another insidious way to make people feel "safe", make peoples hectic lives easier..and remove any sense of self reliance.  

Heaven those useless souls who can't locate the nearest Starbucks on a business trip to Akron.

Become dependent enough on a GPS to navigate you and it will lead you directly into a church.  And when I say 'into' a church, I mean just that:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/auto-news/faulty-gps-system-sends-elderly-couple-off-roading/article1881170/

For Christ's sweet sake, when you're making a beeline for a friggin' building, at what point does common sense tell you that it's probably not a good idea to stay on the course your GPS is telling you to go on?

I'm not sure how the legal system works in that part of the world, but you can rest assured that in the states this is a lawsuit against the GPS manufacturer just waiting to happen.  Another way for the incompetent dunderheads of society to get rich from their own sheer stupidity.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

Honestly, do people still buy GPS units, considering you can get the same thing on your smartphone? My phone navigation works just fine, although it gets kinda obnoxious the closer you get to your destination.
exactly what i was going to ask.  I use mapquest4mobile, but there are plenty of others too - turn by turn voice navigation, & it's a free app.  Not really sure why anyone would buy a dedicated gps anymore.
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by AgitatedMonk AgitatedMonk wrote:

Granted,

Become dependent enough on a GPS to navigate you and it will lead you directly into a church.  And when I say 'into' a church, I mean just that:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/auto-news/faulty-gps-system-sends-elderly-couple-off-roading/article1881170/

For Christ's sweet sake, when you're making a beeline for a friggin' building, at what point does common sense tell you that it's probably not a good idea to stay on the course your GPS is telling you to go on?

I'm not sure how the legal system works in that part of the world, but you can rest assured that in the states this is a lawsuit against the GPS manufacturer just waiting to happen.  Another way for the incompetent dunderheads of society to get rich from their own sheer stupidity.

ShockedStern SmileLOL A nominee for the "Stupid People" thread. When a GPS tells you to turn into a place where there is no road PAY ATTENTION and see for yourself if there is no road! Focus on the road and NOT the GPS. I don't do GPS, because I'm direction articulate and two I don't like a device telling me "GO HERE! IN X FEET".

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:36am
"Give-a Give-a Garmin" is one of the most annoying slogans in a long time. Nonsensical repetition is an obnoxious gimmick. 

Like the others above, I use my phone for directions. Google maps works just fine, and it's free. The one time I was at the mercy of a Garmin (in a friend's car), it inexplicably told us to exit the highway and u-turn into the prostitution district of our city. True story. Never again, Garmin!!! 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

"Give-a Give-a Garmin" is one of the most annoying slogans in a long time. Nonsensical repetition is an obnoxious gimmick. 

Like the others above, I use my phone for directions. Google maps works just fine, and it's free. The one time I was at the mercy of a Garmin (in a friend's car), it inexplicably told us to exit the highway and u-turn into the prostitution district of our city. True story. Never again, Garmin!!! 

Sounds like a scene from National Lampoon Vacation. LOLLOLLOL

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 4:50am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Sounds like a scene from National Lampoon Vacation. LOLLOLLOL

Kinda felt like one too! Fortunately we didn't fall for it!
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:00pm

Another rant on this topic...well, sort of....  You can't buy a new car today without having navigation (ok, 2 more rants on this topic - next time I hear someone refer to navigation as "na-vee" I'm going to punch them in the kidney - hoodies, cellies, navi's.....#$@#!!!!!!!!)

Back to my 2nd point, which was supposed to be my first.  You can't buy a car that has navigation as a standalone option - it's always bundled with other stuff.  Like, if you want a sunroof, you can't JUST get a sunroof.  You need to buy a "convenience package" that includes sunroof, navigation, 20" wheels, leather.....then charge you another $3000 for package.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:01pm

I don't believe it.  The "never again" part.....Wink
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

I don't believe it.  The "never again" part.....Wink

Hey now, I'm a classy lady!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic