Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Raincloud mom on the Rollover Minutes commercial
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raincloud mom on the Rollover Minutes commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raincloud mom on the Rollover Minutes commercial
    Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 5:54pm
This mom seems to be an endless source of nagging and complaining for this poor family. In other words: A total bitch.

Argh. I think that the kid is kind of hot (please keep in mined the fact that I'm his age) and if you watch the dad's expression during the mom's tirade you can kind of tell he's annoyed.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Sponsored Links

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 6:06pm

The mom is a stroke just waiting to happen; the dad is totally disengaged in parenting his brood.  The kid is cute but clueless.  All in all, they are precisely what Madison Avenue thinks a typical American family represents:  greedy, wasteful, and clueless.

Can you tell I detest this ad??!!  Wink

Love endures all.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 7:26pm
The mom reminds me of the mom from Malcolm in the Middle. In both of these rollover commercials the mom is a shrew and has 2 sons and a husband to yell at. In the second one the dad makes a joke and both the boys laugh at it and the mom does this huffy finger wag at them. I know the Malcolm mom had 4 sons, but you can see what they were trying to do with the rollover mom.

What Mom Says: "They're rollover minutes their EXACTLY the same!"

What The Family Hears: " Growl Bark Bark Bark YAP YAP!"
mollygray View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollygray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 11:35pm
I actually kind of like this ad, especially the sight of the "minutes" ticking in the trash.  I like the mom talking about how some people don't have rollover minutes.  I thought it was clever!Smile
Chihuahuas rule!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 1:34am

SmileI actually LOVE this ad and its predecessor!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 2:59pm
I liked this ad when it first came on but the more I saw it the more I felt like I was being nagged at endlessly. Although I do like the newest one because of the kids doing that trying-not-to-laugh-laugh and the phrase "milky minutes".
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 8:04pm
I thought this ad was cute at first, but the more I thought about it, the more it reinforces gender stereotypes of the nagging wife with no sense of humor and the lazy dad who undermines the wife's authority. Of course, maybe I'm taking it a little too seriously. But, I have seen it probably a hundred times, which equals an hour of viewing time.
smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 1:21am
The son will marry someone the mom doesn't like, and then they will slowly grow apart--soon they are only exchanging Christmas cards... Then the Dad leaves her for a stripper... The lady is found mumbling to herself, lying in a puddle of cat piss, and is carted off to a home.
She yells at passerby through her window, "THEY'RE ROLLOVER MINUTES, THEY'RE EXACTLY THE SAME," wearing a stained terrycloth robe and clacking her dentures.
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 4:43am
i HATE these commercials for the gender stereotypes they reinforce: stupid dad is really just an overgrown teenaged boy, mom is a shrill harpie who only nags, always takes place in the kitchen where the family is sitting and eating EXCEPT for mom who is always pitting around by the sink or whatever...why doesnt she just relax and sit down and eat w/ her family?  UGH i'm so annoyed by this one lol  Dead
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 1:15pm
With all due respect, "Little Miss Anti-Cell Phone"... SUCK IT!!!

Ian
One call... destroys 'em all!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 2:20am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

I liked this ad when it first came on but the more I saw it the more I felt like I was being nagged at endlessly. Although I do like the newest one because of the kids doing that trying-not-to-laugh-laugh and the phrase "milky minutes".
About that "milky minutes" one... why the heck does every time somebody talks about milk on TV, they use that lame-ass "lactose intolerant" joke? Jesus Christ, that bit has run its course... enough already!
Chcuk E View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chcuk E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 1:36pm
...but I wanna use this month's minutes...

I think the lactose intolerant thing is funny and the way the kids react is, too. They should have had the milk from their cereal come out their nose, though....

If the best can't be had, let the worst continue...
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 5:02pm
I think the "lactose intolerant" gag has maybe run its course but at the same time it was quite the buzz word there for a while there.
I swear I met a good hundred people in the nineties who were supposedly lactose intolerant. I think like most ailments, someone had some discomfort labeled and they ran with it and diagnosed their friends with similar symptoms.

woodthi32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodthi32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 5:58pm
I Love this ad!
badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 3:24am
As usual with AT&T commercials, the customers are either idiots or crazy sociopathic lunatics.  And uh how does one actually "throw away" old minutes??
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 3:58am

For some time, minutes were purchased  to be used within a time period - you know this.

AT&T simply is exploiting this 'old way of doing things'.

Personally, I like these commercials - today's 'know-it-all' brats require a tad bit of humbling. I know what this lady is going through.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 9:53pm

Big%20smileShe's Baaaaack!!!

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 11:18pm
I saw the Tag Sale one today, she's really getting to the point of "wanting to punch in the face" worthy, she's downright irritating. Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I saw the Tag Sale one today, she's really getting to the point of "wanting to punch in the face" worthy, she's downright irritating. Angry
I think she's a great, 'beat common sense into stupid kid's heads'-type of mom.
She also looks (and acts exactly) like my sister...
Approve
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 12:47am
If the carrier allows carry over minutes, then why wouldn't that be a great thing?  Why do they have to promote it through stupid commercials?

A simple, "you have a 1,000 minutes a month..if you  use 900, you can carry over 100 to next month." 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 12:51am

'Cause, like me, you're an old guy, Hooty. We know these things.

Much of today's youth need some sense beat into their heads - I like the way she does it.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 12:54am
Pa, I guess the young folks today need the "inspiration"...LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 12:58am
That is ONE function of being a 'parent'Smile
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 1:07am
Pa, too often today, the parent is not "apparent". 

My "kids" (27 and 22) were home the past week, and for the first time in my life, they bought dinner.  I wanted to argue, but since I'm UN-employed, and I knew they wanted to help, we let them have at it. 

I am so proud of them.  They are both very successful, and are very aware of social  responsibility. 

Crap, they just left and I'm already sad. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 7:34pm

Know the feeling, Hooty - we took our Soldier to the airport yesterday - he kept the refrigerator stocked; something NEW. We were so proud of him, for that. We know he doesn't have leave for another year and a half - and we also know he's heading back overseas...the other four are generally 'phone kids', or 'email kids', these days. It sure is quiet around here, today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic