Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smirnoff 'Cake & Caramel' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smirnoff 'Cake & Caramel' (video)
    Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 10:21pm
Smirnoff didn't get it the first time...so whadda ya know!
We get another 'flavor-infused-fermented-Ruskie-potato-juice' commercial, doncha know.
Our Russian brothers certainly never flavored vodka - they needed it to 'warm up' so they could suffer from hypothermia. Crap! They never had enough flavors, anyway (maybe 'Meat Flavored vodka).
At least we only get abused by 'Big Hair' in this commercial - not some skank hoodker.
And WHO drinks vodka out of a SALTED Margarita glass, anyway?!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 10:56pm
I don't mind the ad so much as I mind there is a market out there who actually can drink that stuff.  Ugh.  I'm a total purist when it comes to my vodka...nothing but ice or shaken with a twist or maybe some olives.  My sister is the same way.  One night she bought what she thought was straight vodka, took it home after work to shake up her martini.....only to sip into what turned out to be "Devils Food Cupcake" flavored....lolol.....she couldn't believe it.  Gave it away. Dead

Someone bought me a shot of Whipped or Cake vodka once by Pinnacle...ew.  
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 11:01pm
Wink'Dirty Martini'-Wolf only.
3 olives (skewered, thank you!), olive juice (from same, cheap olive bottle), straight any-shelf vodka.
Vodka isn't meant to be fancy.
It's meant to get you drunk.
Period.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 12:48am
Thumbs Up  Forgot about the old reliable dirty!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 2:24am
Vodka & OJ here in Florida.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 2:25am
I forgot about the breakfast of champions Jimbo!  Tomorrow is my Sunday, so maybe I am allowed to have screwdriver with my pancakes???  Or even better.....a Scotch Egg?????

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:06am
You may have all three!!!! Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:05am
i don't drink anymore (i've just lost all desire to, oh well) and i stopped right before the fad of these candy-flavoured vodkas hit the shelves. as someone who liked girly drinks, i'll admit had they been around i would've given some a shot. some sound absolutely gross, i would've never had a desire to try one that tasted like fruit loops. but i suppose i could've seen maybe whipped cream, as long as the flavour wasn't too overpowering. i wouldn't want it to overpower my schnapps Embarrassed. it's probably best i don't drink anymore, hahaha.
lahnnabell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lahnnabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:41am
I friggin' hate those people that finger all the food trying to find the biggest, bestest cupcake or whatever.  Bitch totally ruined that chocolate for the next poor soul who might want to actually eat it, instead of just sticking their fingers in it. 

I also hate the whole "I'm a sexy bitch 'cause I drink fancy "whatever" voiceover".  Y'know, that tone that implies she's about to have an orgasm any second.  Fuuuuuu!
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by lahnnabell lahnnabell wrote:

I friggin' hate those people that finger all the food trying to find the biggest, bestest cupcake or whatever.  Bitch totally ruined that chocolate for the next poor soul who might want to actually eat it, instead of just sticking their fingers in it.
god yes! i am not the kind of person who sticks their finger in food. i'd be the last person to accuse of sticking their finger in the frosting, for example, but i've no problems licking the knife. seeing her do it in the commercial just totally grosses me out, and to callback to another commercial we bitched about in this forum, reminds me of why i will never use a chocolate fountain. clearly there's people who just have to touch melted chocolate, and i don't trust them to have clean hands or to not double dip. eww. fondue is one thing, it's a clean pot and you know the people you're eating with, but a fountain is shared with a whole bunch of strangers.

this whole commercial is just gross. alcohol is empty calories anyway, why not just have a slice of cake or pieces of caramel? at least they're food.
lahnnabell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lahnnabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:10am
Seriously.  I'll take cake over just about anything, any day. 

On the note about the chocolate fountain, it honestly just sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Some child is gonna dip their hands in it, or something.  Just ew. 

Also, anyone else get really irritated with the way she emphasized the "c' and the "k" in "iced CaKe" and "Kissed Caramel"?  Sorry, Smirnoff, your sexy talk does not make me want to ingest your horrible concoction, but thanks for assuming that most females have poor taste when it comes to alcohol.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 2:41pm
Someone bought me something with whipped cream vodka in it once. It tasted disgusting! I also don't like the fact that the drink she is sipping is pink, yet we never see a drink mixed for her and the vodka isn't pink. Birthday cake vodka does sound appealing though.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Vodka & OJ here in Florida.

Ugh Screwdrivers take me back to my Freshman year on Halloween.   It started out drinking the Vodka mixed with OJ but we got drunk to the point I was chugging the sh*t straight from the bottle. 2 and a half bottles later (divided among 3 people)  I was parked in the bathroom and spent the majority of the remainder of the night and next day hugging the toilet, and never have touched Vodka since (except as part of a Long Island Tea).

That night sort of put a perma-scar on me as far as drink of choice.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 5:43pm
I wonder what the percentage of kids is getting rushed to the hospital to get their stomachs pumped because they got into Mommy and Daddy's liquor cabinet and drank 1/2 of the "bubble gum flavored"  vodka.

I've seen these vodkas in "Bubble Gum"  "S'mores" "Root Beer" - a lot of crap that would appeal to children. Wouldn't you love to see a comemrcial with a bunch o little girls at a "tea party"  getting smashed on "Grape" vodka!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

...Wouldn't you love to see a comemrcial with a bunch o little girls at a "tea party"  getting smashed on "Grape" vodka!

ShockedAny self-respecting 8-year-old girl knows grape vodka just doesn't go with Animal Crackers!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...Wouldn't you love to see a comemrcial with a bunch o little girls at a "tea party"  getting smashed on "Grape" vodka!

ShockedAny self-respecting 8-year-old girl knows grape vodka just doesn't go with Animal Crackers!
Animal Crackers go better with "Cherry" vodka.

"Grape"  goes with cheese doodles, Pa! LOL

Good God! Start the "rum dum" gene early!

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:14pm

And to provide them with a little 'hair of the dog' to take care of the morning hangover, give them a glass of "Chocolate Milk" Vodka before sending them off to school.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

And to provide them with a little 'hair of the dog' to take care of the morning hangover, give them a glass of "Chocolate Milk" Vodka before sending them off to school.
And they will play 'Musical Buckets' before ~and~ after lunch!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:33pm
Flavored vodka is made for people like me who can't handle the sharpness of hard liquor. This stuff I'd guzzle down, but I'm more of a Twisted Tea girl. Gimme some of that any day!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

And they will play 'Musical Buckets' before ~and~ after lunch!

LOL

I'd pity the custodial staff at that school!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:39pm
Someone should organize the CHI drinking party. I will bring my own.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:40pm
Damn CIH
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Someone should organize the CHI drinking party. I will bring my own.

If one of the rules is "Typo - Take a shot"  I think Betty Ford herself would be performing an exorcism on me. LOL

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 2:01am
This trend in female singers with the long, drawn out, whiny "MEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH" singing just drives me nuts.  This commercial is really freaking bad, especially when the music slows and she "sings" "SUMMMMMMTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMEEEESS."  Seriously, shut the hell up. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 2:25am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

This trend in female singers with the long, drawn out, whiny "MEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH" singing just drives me nuts.  This commercial is really freaking bad, especially when the music slows and she "sings" "SUMMMMMMTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMEEEESS."  Seriously, shut the hell up. 

OMG I hate that too!!!

I want the singer to SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT THHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEE F************************************CCCCK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPP!!!!!!

What's with the flavored vodka? What's next corn dog and cotton candy vodka?

Pisses me off to no end. Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic