Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda - "Dear Honda" (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda - "Dear Honda" (Video)
    Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 3:41pm
This commercial makes me glad I never had a younger sibling.  This girl is smug, nosy, and annoying as hell, and the yelling, though only in a couple of spots, is completely unnecessary.

Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 3:44pm
I HATE this entire series. I caught the Mother from Hell one last night. The guy has a date in the car, the old lady calls on the Honda speaker phone and asks "How's the rash?" which results in stunned silence.

STUPID! And annoying as hell.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 3:50pm
A ditzy teenager buying a brand new car...hmmmm.  How long before her first texting-while-driving accident?

Yeah, and the little girl is annoying.

lahnnabell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lahnnabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:21pm
Pretty soon that little girl is gonna be wondering why Big Sister doesn't want her tagging along anymore.  Crappy playlists, insinuating threatening to tell on her, etc. 

Haha, but I do love that even though she called shotgun she ended up sitting bitch anyway.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:27pm
OMG I hate this series!

Most stupid commercials ever, annoying family members giving Censoreding thank yous to Honda screw off!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:32pm
I'm not surprised this is one of a series.  This one's the only one I've seen so far but I'm pretty certain that isn't gonna last Angry

And didn't they use that stupid "Happy Honda-Days" crap slogan for last year's Christmas ads also?

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I'm not surprised this is one of a series.  This one's the only one I've seen so far but I'm pretty certain that isn't gonna last Angry

And didn't they use that stupid "Happy Honda-Days" crap slogan for last year's Christmas ads also?

They did, they also did highly annoying carolers who sing Christmas carols which lyrics were "Happy Honda Days"

Actually I think that was 2005 when they did the jingle.

Anyway whenever it was I still remember it.

The one I hate the most is THIS ONE mainly because of the (c)rap that plays on the end.Angry

Thumbs Down

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:43pm
^^ Ugh yeah I remember that one now Dead  
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 6:51pm
The happy Honda Day carolers were from 2005, I knew I didn't make it up!

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 7:10pm
There is a radio series that is on for this, too.
So aggravating - I hear it all the time on the way into work.
Some damn kid is asking Santa for cars for each of his family members because it has Pandora, Bluetooth, a backup cam, etc. Then he tells Santa that he (Santa) BETTER NOT forget him, because he would look "pretty awesome" in a Civic.
Gag. Dead

Do they seriously think people can afford a new car (let alone 4 new cars) as a Christmas gift in this economy? So damn stupid.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 7:15pm
Yeah, these commercials suck but the Mother one is the worst. She'd be the stereotypical mother-in-law if her son ever got married - YOU know the type, the "nobody's good enough for my baby, especially that slut he married who does everything wrong" type of mother-in-law. With a mother like that, women will avoid this guy faster than the plague.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Yeah, these commercials suck but the Mother one is the worst. She'd be the stereotypical mother-in-law if her son ever got married - YOU know the type, the "nobody's good enough for my baby, especially that slut he married who does everything wrong" type of mother-in-law. With a mother like that, women will avoid this guy faster than the plague.

I HATE HER!!!!!

I wanna dope-slap her and yell "STOP TREAT YOUR SON LIKE Censored!!!!"

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 10:43pm
I had never seen the mother version. That's the kind of old biddy that makes racist comments about his Asian date. Apparently she had her way because he is single at the end of the ad...

I don't even get what the appeal of the sister one is. Who lets their little sister tag along to a party like that? Is she black mailing her for something? What does any of this have to do with selling Hondas? I doubt enough people old enough to buy cars relate to "pesky little sister" and "overbearing mom"
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
LARDLOGO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LARDLOGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 1:23am
Thanks to this ad, football will never be the same Ouch
Proactiv, GET OFF THE AIR
JaceyCarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceyCarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 5:27am
Hey guys thanks for these amazing commercials. Love all Honda adds...... Smile
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 11:58am

What I'm getting from these commerials is if you buy a Honda you'll have your obnoxous family butting in to your personal life all the time. That's not exactly a good selling point.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Matt View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 2:23am
Anyone else see this one yet?  I thought it was kind of cute:

I agree that the other three are horrendous, though.
nyc2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyc2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:13pm
yet another bratty kid in a commercialDead
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:09pm
Dear Honda:

Come up with another way of advertising your product.  These commercials are assinine. 

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 7:34pm
deer, honda. which would win in a collision?
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 7:39pm
Dear Honda,

Toyota's better.

P.S.

Nissan's better, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic