Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Christmas songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Christmas songs
    Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 4:05pm
Big hit in England from Roy Wood (founding member of ELO).

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 4:09pm

And "best" can mean "worst"

From the Lawrence Welk Show:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 4:24pm

How about a cheerful little XMAS song?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 4:29pm

Of course when I hear this I can't help but picture Clark all bundled up in the attic and the ensuing "falling out" LOL
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 7:59pm
"And So This is Christmas"/"Happy Xmas"/"War is Over"

I could do without Yoko but its still a great song with her.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I remember where I was when I first heard that.  High school cafeteria, November 1971.  The whole cafeteria quieted down and listened.  Been one of my faves ever since.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:28pm

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:33pm
I remember this parody from around the time the New Kids on the Block were the "thing" .. late 80's or so. I was a teenager at the time, so I was surrounded by the New Kids estrogen effect at school. (With that said, I didn't hate the group like a lot of the guys my age, in fact I liked a couple of their songs)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Yoko is an 'acquired taste'; in my opinion, Lennon would have been better off just pushing the fact she was probably his greatest 'sack achievement' (why?)  and left her out of any musical endeavors.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:30pm
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 11:51pm
Mel Torme's classic, "Christmas Song".
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 3:46am
I LOVE Christmas music so it's hard for me to pick what I think is the best. I can tell you what I DON'T like, though; that's easy.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 2:08pm
^

I don't like Grandma Got Run Over by a Reinder and Holly Jolly Christmas.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 2:39pm
HATE the "I Want a Hippopotomus for Christmas" song!

But I do like the Porky Pig "Blue Christmas"...
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:12pm
This could be both my best and worst.

I always LOVED this song... but then I start thinking about what a creep Crosby was.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:40pm

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I remember this parody from around the time the New Kids on the Block were the "thing" .. late 80's or so. I was a teenager at the time, so I was surrounded by the New Kids estrogen effect at school. (With that said, I didn't hate the group like a lot of the guys my age, in fact I liked a couple of their songs)

LOL brilliant parody!, even though I have no clue who New Kids On The Block was, I was born in 1987.

The 12 Pains of Christmas

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

LOL brilliant parody!, even though I have no clue who New Kids On The Block was, I was born in 1987.

They were pretty much a late 80's version of the Backstreet Boys, which were the teenie boppers' flavors of the week during your early teen years.  

Weird Al parodied one of their songs "The Right Stuff" .. it was called "The White Stuff" and was about Oreos LOL

And speaking of:

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 11:09pm
*song removed as Moochie hates it*Ermm
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 4:26am
Tiz, you didn't have to remove it just because I hate it. It was nice of you to think of my feelings, though.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 4:47pm
I dread hearing The Twelve Days of Christmas.  It's the Christmas version of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I dread hearing The Twelve Days of Christmas.  It's the Christmas version of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.

Imagine combining the two:

On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 A shot glass filled with Brandy
On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 2 bottles of beer on the wall
 and a shot glass filled with Brandy
On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 3 bottles of beer on the wall
 2 bottles of beer on the wall
 and a shot glass filled with Brandy

and so on until you get all 99 bottles ..

By the time you finish the song your true love would be giving you a new set of kidneys.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 5:48pm
By the time you finished, the Betty Ford clinic would give you your own suite with your monogram on everything.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 5:54pm
I'd be wasted on the second day.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 6:31pm
what's a good brandy? I always see that in movies "Let me get you a brandy" and I think "Wow, that sounds good!"  but then I think back on my old ass hattery days when we'd drink blackberry brandy sours. (you know, to look sophisticated!)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic