Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justin Beiber Dumps On Macy's Yet Again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justin Beiber Dumps On Macy's Yet Again!
    Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:33am
Macy's needs to turn in their 'man' card right away!

If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:41am
I don't keep up with Bieber's career, when did he start trying to channel Vanilla Ice?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 12:22pm
I'm not sure...what year was he born?  1993?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:02pm
He's one of these celebs who continues to hang around and you don't actually know why.
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

He's one of these celebs who continues to hang around and you don't actually know why.

In a couple of years, his 'tween fan base will outgrow him, and he'll join the "Fraternity of Tiger Beat Alumni", along with Danny Bonaduce, the Cassidy brothers, Leif Garrett, Hanson and most of the boy band members from the '90s. Meanwhile, another child will rise to take his place. So goes the cycle.
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:27pm
From Yahoo this morning:

Justin Bieber took home the first award of the night at the 40th annual American Music Awards--Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist--but instead of his usual positivity, he set a rather bratty tone for the remainder of the evening.

Instead of leading off with the usual accolades (you know: God, parents, hard-working staff, that sort of thing), Bieber chose the rubbing-in route for his thank-you speech. "This is for all the haters who thought I'd be around for 1, 2 years," he announced, adding, "I feel like I'm gonna be here for a very long time."

Unhappy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Cathode_Ray Cathode_Ray wrote:

In a couple of years, his 'tween fan base will outgrow him, and he'll join the "Fraternity of Tiger Beat Alumni", along with Danny Bonaduce, the Cassidy brothers, Leif Garrett, Hanson and most of the boy band members from the '90s. Meanwhile, another child will rise to take his place. So goes the cycle.

No doubt.  But I think today's overblown bubblegum stars are much savvier than the ones of decades past.  While Bieber may end up on the cover of Tiger Beat like all the rest, he'll have a few hundred million to show for it.

I see he's already worth $105,000,000.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:54pm
He'll be another Macaulay Caulking.

At some point the "cute" is going to give way to typical hairy, deep voiced older guy.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by ambrosia ambrosia wrote:

"This is for all the haters who thought I'd be around for 1, 2 years," he announced, adding, "I feel like I'm gonna be here for a very long time."

Unhappy

Famous last words. 

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by ambrosia ambrosia wrote:

From Yahoo this morning:

Justin Bieber took home the first award of the night at the 40th annual American Music Awards--Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist--but instead of his usual positivity, he set a rather bratty tone for the remainder of the evening.

Unhappy

Another reason to not watch the AMA's. His hair - it looks like one huge cow lick.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:59pm
You couldn't pay me enough to watch the AMA's.

OK, you could, but it would have to be a LOT!!!

OK, maybe not a LOT, but a pretty damned good bit!!!

OK, maybe not a pretty damned good bit, but enough to make it worth the suffering & aggravation.

Twenty - twenty five bucks, maybe.

And I'd have to be allowed liberal use of the mute button.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 10:39pm
The three generations of females (61, 35 and 11) who live next door to me were glued to those awards last night.  They love these award shows, and all the glitz and all the celebs in attendance and what they wear and how they do their hair and all the dance moves, etc.

I, on the other hand, watched The Walking Dead.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 10:48pm
Famous, Rich, Ok.......  Talent, I don't see it.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 11:13pm
OMG that commercial was STUPID!!!!!

Censored off Macys I hardly shop at your damn store! Angry

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 11:59pm
Macy's has some of the most obnoxious and annoying celebrity spokespersons.  While I dislike Swift, Jessica Simpson, Bieber, and Martha Stewart, I absolutely detest P. Diddy and Trump.  I am just sick-to-death of Donald Trump and wish he would go take a flying leap!  I've often wondered if Macy's realizes what a turn off most of these people are.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 12:12am
I don't think those people are necessarily a turn off to the kinds of shallow, status-conscious yuppie-hipster turds Macy's is trying to appeal to.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 12:27am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Macy's has some of the most obnoxious and annoying celebrity spokespersons.  While I dislike Swift, Jessica Simpson, Bieber, and Martha Stewart, I absolutely detest P. Diddy and Trump.  I am just sick-to-death of Donald Trump and wish he would go take a flying leap!  I've often wondered if Macy's realizes what a turn off most of these people are.

I dunno what people like about Martha Stewart.  For someone who's supposed to be like Suzy Homemaker, she seems to be one joyless b*tch.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 12:35am
I like Martha Stewart. Everytime she's been on Letterman, she's always taken his ribbing her about stuff, even her legal problems, with good humor.

Though it might not appear that way on the outside, I get the impression she has a sense of humor & doesn't take herself too seriously.

Out of the above mentioned group of Macy's spokespeople, I would say that she is the most likeable one.

Here's an old Letterman clip from about 20 years ago. There were newer ones, but they were all too long.

C'mon, man!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 1:08am
Martha does have at least one redeeming quality, she is an animal lover and promotes animal welfare causes.  Dogs, cats, horses, goats sheep, etc.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 1:24am
At Petsmart, her cat nail clippers are $15, while the ones at the Dollar Tree are only, well, $1.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 1:38am

At Petsmart, her cat nail clippers are $15, while the ones at the Dollar Tree are only, well, $1.

You get what you pay for.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 1:58am
They $1 ones work beautifully.  What I didn't get was the pastel color and the designer label, both things I could do without.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 2:41am
I think his new hairstyle surpasses the "Carol Brady" look in terms of douchiness.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 3:18am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I think his new hairstyle surpasses the "Carol Brady" look in terms of douchiness.  

It's actually bordering on the Alice look.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 3:28am

They $1 ones work beautifully.  What I didn't get was the pastel color and the designer label, both things I could do without.

Well there's a lot of stuff at the Dollar Tree that didn't originally retail for a dollar. They are kind of like Big Lots in that they get closeout stuff that they buy in huge quantities for next to nothing so they can sell it for a dollar.

You can't really compare something you bought there to something they sell at a regular store.

Now Walmart or Target, etc., are reasonable comparisons to Petsmart becaause whatever they sell there is at it's real retail price.

But OK, you don't like Martha Stewarts pet nail clippers. Gotcha.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic