Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subway - Annoying Kids' Voices are back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subway - Annoying Kids' Voices are back
    Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 10:48pm
No video yet, but it's the same goofball with glasses with the office "girlfriend."  This time it's Sally (the brunette that goofball sub-cheated with) and some other girl (not the original blonde smug witch) deciding to "share" lunch, and of course taking goofball's sub and saying they'll just split that. 

Ugh I was hoping that stupid trend of Subway's was buried long ago after the firehouse avocado one. Guess not Angry
Sponsored Links

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 11:21pm
Same g*ddamn commercial.  Wish it would've been buried as well.  Where do they find kids with such annoying voices, by the way? 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 11:36pm
They must have auditions, then they pick the annoyingnest of the annoyingnest, then they do focus groups to test how annoying they are, and then they do a test group, then they go on with a recording for the commercial, then they go on the airwaves.

Then we get to see and hear this crap!Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

They must have auditions, then they pick the annoyingnest of the annoyingnest, then they do focus groups to test how annoying they are, and then they do a test group, then they go on with a recording for the commercial, then they go on the airwaves.

Then we get to see and hear this crap!Thumbs Down

Has to be something like that, Ad. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

veebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 9:42am
Hi all, new here. I think I found my new favorite site, what fun, commercial bashing. Can you tell my thrills are small? I have always thought that these Subway commercials were some of the creepiest with those little kid voices issuing out of adult mouths. Worse than babies that talk like adults.

I also couldn't stand that older one where they dragged out the word avocado.

Maybe I just never noticed when I was younger or maybe it is truly the case, but commercials today are just awful. Do they really think we're that stupid, or is it the creators that are? Will creepy child-like voices get me to think Subway is awesomely delicious...somehow I think not. Are they purposely being annoying?
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 10:50pm
I hate the way the two girls say they're having lunch "together". It's almost like they're trying to go all lesbian fantasy on him to get him to give up the sub. Stupid f**king ad. Also screw it, I'm going to go there. This as has tinges of sexism. You'd never see a hot guy flirting to steal a woman's sub, why is it ALWAYS a woman using her sex appeal to get a man to give her something? Stop that!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I hate the way the two girls say they're having lunch "together". It's almost like they're trying to go all lesbian fantasy on him to get him to give up the sub. Stupid f**king ad.

I caught that vibe, too ... they even made sure to include that obligatory glance at each other with the seductive, "oh baby let's make out right here right now" look while they're telling him that.
RoastGecko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoastGecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 11:23pm
I really have no idea what the point of this ad campaign is. Do they went to associate childlike fun with their food? then why loop seductive crap like that into it?

I thank Fred for the media going gaga for annoying high pitch voices. I don't know why it sells for that douche, but it really does hurt one's ears and all it's doing is keeping me FROM going to subway
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 12:06am
I hate this ad campaign so much.  The annoying voices is bad enough but then there is the sexist overall message they send:  men are spineless wimps unable to resist women, and females are manipulative bitches who will use their sexuality to get whatever they want.  Either way I find the ads to be very insulting to my intelligence.
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 2:53am

I hate the way the two girls say they're having lunch "together". It's almost like they're trying to go all lesbian fantasy on him to get him to give up the sub. Stupid f**king ad. Also screw it, I'm going to go there. This as has tinges of sexism. You'd never see a hot guy flirting to steal a woman's sub, why is it ALWAYS a woman using her sex appeal to get a man to give her something? Stop that!

If it was reversed it would be called sexual harassment it's always a one way street.

Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 2:40pm
In all honesty, these commercials are disgusting. For children to voice adults is a pain already. But, when you see the plot of these commercials, it makes it worse. The kids aren't 'annoying', they are 'atrocious'. I know Subway has to make an advertisement, but when you have people like Melinda Seward (actress who plays Samantha) degrading themselves to such low par standards is sickening to me. I hate to say it, but she should give up acting and leave show business and do something more physical, like picking trashing off the side of Ventura Boulevard in Los Angeles or the Holland Tunnel in New York City. Maybe then, she will learn not to humiliate herself and yes, the reason why the guy who does Todd can't do what she does is because in the legal system, when a guy does it, it's sexual harassment, but never when a woman does it. It's a one-way street, when it should be a two-way street. Subway, needs to pull these ads down and rethink how to advertise their sandwiches. As evidenced by the photo below...you can tell she hates the ad. That smile is so fake, it makes me laugh my freaking hind quarters off.

Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 2:41pm
The first time they did this, having voices that didn't fit the picture was kind of amusing and got your attention.  It was like the first time I ever heard Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) sing.  I wasn't expecting that voice.

The surprise in these commercials was over years ago.  There was no need to make new versions.
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 3:54am
My main complaint is how the sandwich manages to maintain it's upright position the way they are holding it...like it wouldn't be a sogged-over mess.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 4:42am
If this wimp can't stand up for himself, he can at least be passive-aggressive and fill his sandwich with Exlax. I wonder how those kid's voices will sound when they're grunting and having explosive diarrhea? 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:18pm
Hear-hear!!! LOL
A bunch of extra-strength Correctol mixed well with that avocado paste ought to make these douches think twice about talking in children's voices and stealing some schmuck's sandwich and drink. AngryDeadAngry

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Kris L. Walker Kris L. Walker wrote:

In all honesty, these commercials are disgusting. For children to voice adults is a pain already. But, when you see the plot of these commercials, it makes it worse. The kids aren't 'annoying', they are 'atrocious'. I know Subway has to make an advertisement, but when you have people like Melinda Seward (actress who plays Samantha) degrading themselves to such low par standards is sickening to me. I hate to say it, but she should give up acting and leave show business and do something more physical, like picking trashing off the side of Ventura Boulevard in Los Angeles or the Holland Tunnel in New York City. Maybe then, she will learn not to humiliate herself and yes, the reason why the guy who does Todd can't do what she does is because in the legal system, when a guy does it, it's sexual harassment, but never when a woman does it. It's a one-way street, when it should be a two-way street. Subway, needs to pull these ads down and rethink how to advertise their sandwiches. As evidenced by the photo below...you can tell she hates the ad. That smile is so fake, it makes me laugh my freaking hind quarters off.

I've seen this commercial like 7 times tonight. I don't eat at subway because I hate the commercial, but now I might have to put a voodoo curse on them or something. I hate this commercial. They couldn't come up with a better idea?
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I hate the way the two girls say they're having lunch "together". It's almost like they're trying to go all lesbian fantasy on him to get him to give up the sub. Stupid f**king ad.

I caught that vibe, too ... they even made sure to include that obligatory glance at each other with the seductive, "oh baby let's make out right here right now" look while they're telling him that.

I caught it, too. She just gives her a creepy look, "we're having lunch TOGETHER....". I'm sure it wasn't unintentional. Friggin' stupid.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 6:22pm
The radio version of these ads have them talking with adult voices (likely the actor's own voices).

Originally posted by Pervis Pervis wrote:

I hate this ad campaign so much.  The annoying voices is bad enough but then there is the sexist overall message they send:  men are spineless wimps unable to resist women, and females are manipulative bitches who will use their sexuality to get whatever they want.  Either way I find the ads to be very insulting to my intelligence.

This is exactly why I can't stand them, especially the ones that take place in an office. They give off a "pretty girl who hangs with the popular crowd messes with the nerdy guy's mind" vibe.
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 8:47pm
These ads are worse than terrible. What was wrong with the ads with Michael Phelps and Ali's daughter?

BTW, Subway sucks, and is nowhere as healthy as Jared would have you believe.
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

If this wimp can't stand up for himself, he can at least be passive-aggressive and fill his sandwich with Exlax. I wonder how those kid's voices will sound when they're grunting and having explosive diarrhea? 
You know, I've never completely understood the meaning of passive-aggressive(an oxymoron).  That description makes it perfectly clear.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 10:18pm
Looks to me like "Todd" can stand to miss a few meals.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 1:40am
OMG I want to punch Todd in the mouth so hard!

Spineless wimp C'mon get some balls and tell the ladies "Go get your own grinder!"

I would. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 5:48am

Spineless wimp C'mon get some balls and tell the ladies "Go get your own grinder!"

I would. 

"Oh I see, you ladies want some meat, well I got your meat right here!" complete with a crotch chop and some pelvic thrusts.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 3:36pm
The more they keep mixing up the "Todd" commercials, the more I wonder why the hell Todd continues to go to Subway everyday! I've met some pretty ball-less nerds, but most of them would never give up their food.

Doesn't Todd have any friends at this office? Someone who could stick up for him? Does Todd's office not have an HR manager? This ad just continues to make me angry.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I would. 

"Oh I see, you ladies want some meat, well I got your meat right here!" complete with a crotch chop and some pelvic thrusts.

Hahahaha! Just awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic