Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subway - Annoying Kids' Voices are back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

The more they keep mixing up the "Todd" commercials, the more I wonder why the hell Todd continues to go to Subway everyday! I've met some pretty ball-less nerds, but most of them would never give up their food.

Doesn't Todd have any friends at this office? Someone who could stick up for him? Does Todd's office not have an HR manager? This ad just continues to make me angry.

And why doesn't he just eat at the Subway instead of bringing it back to the office?  

Actually I can (unfortunately) picture that being a future commercial with one of these 2 floozies barging into the restaurant as he's about to take a bite, then throwing a guilt trip on him about how he doesn't love her anymore which causes him to hand over his sub along with a tiny jar containing his balls.

Sponsored Links

mannysimmons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mannysimmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:51pm
I have quit going to subway because they have way to many annoying ads
I hope they go out of business
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

OMG I want to punch Todd in the mouth so hard!

Spineless wimp C'mon get some balls and tell the ladies "Go get your own grinder!"

I would. 
Agreed. Much as I hate commercials where people are swiping food, this chump is bringing it on himself. He's like one of those "nice guys" who thinks if he does enough good deeds the girl will reward him sex. She won't. Stand up for yourself and tell Samantha to go pound salt.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

OMG I want to punch Todd in the mouth so hard!

This commercial actually makes me want to kick Todd in the balls -- not just punch his lights out (e.g., knock his block off, etc. Angry 

alcam2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcam2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 11:17am
They are not kids. They are adults trained to mimic kids voices, the idea being children do not have a strong pronunciation yet to get the commercial's message across. Only in very few commercial are children voices ever used. Very few.  
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by alcam2 alcam2 wrote:

They are not kids. They are adults trained to mimic kids voices, the idea being children do not have a strong pronunciation yet to get the commercial's message across. Only in very few commercial are children voices ever used. Very few.  
Knowing that makes me hate these commercials even more.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by alcam2 alcam2 wrote:

The voices could very well be those of adults, but modified by computer to sound like childrens' voices.
Knowing that still doesn't make these commercials suck any less though. AngryOuchDeadOuchAngry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic