Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nutella "Charleston" Mom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nutella "Charleston" Mom
    Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 6:51pm
I cannot STAND the way this lady says "Charleston."

And is it just me or don't these kids look old enough to get their own breakfasts? Not to mention the doofus should know the capital of Virginia and the boy seems quite capable of not losing an entire backpack.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:54am
i'm just so sick of nutella commercials. the ads are so misleading in acting like the spread itself is healthy. riiiiight. everything else they show is (the gross multi-grain bread, i haaaate the kind with actual grains in it), fruit, and juice. but if you've got to slather a sugar-laden chocolatey spread on the bread to get your kids to eat it, you've just undone any health benefits and you're sending your kids out on such a sugar high, between the sugar, chocolate, and the sugars in all the fruit. geez. here's hoping they brush their teeth after breakfast and not before.

perhaps that's why these kids are so stupid.
DJDaveOtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJDaveOtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 2:16pm
Madawee,
Not Virginia.. West Virginia. Since 1863 West Virginia has been a state
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by DJDaveOtt DJDaveOtt wrote:

Madawee,
Not Virginia.. West Virginia. Since 1863 West Virginia has been a state
LOL Thank you... do I feel like an idiot! LOL Must have been that Nutella sandwich I had for breakfast!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 2:40pm
I wonder myself, how many state capitals I could reel off at this point.  I used to know all that stuff as a kid.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 5:25pm
Ouch...*just NOW* saw that commercial - and it made me shaky-nervous and angry all over.
I can't tolerate people who answer a question before the person asking even finishes getting it out of their mouth!
Unless it is ME being the 'bad person'...and yea, I do it on rare occasion, but I can't have it done to me, ever. I go short on breath, gasp for air, and then absolutely postal when it happens to me.
There just isn't a more 'mute-worthy' commercial (for me), right now...and, yea - I almost threw something at the 'idiot box', before catching myself.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 6:52pm
I don't care for any of the Nutella ads either but I have a particular dislike for the one with the boy and girl getting ready for school.  The mother tells them twice to do things and the kids completely ignore them but they jump to it for the Nutella spread.  Again, why do advertisers think we want to see bratty, rude children?
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:06pm
ARGH!!!!!

How many times do I have to say it?

Nutella is NOT nutritious it's chocolate spread on toast!!!!Angry 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I don't care for any of the Nutella ads either but I have a particular dislike for the one with the boy and girl getting ready for school.  The mother tells them twice to do things and the kids completely ignore them but they jump to it for the Nutella spread.  Again, why do advertisers think we want to see bratty, rude children?
Confused...uhhh...duhhh...because they aren't allowed to use clips from movies, like 'SAW', or 'Night of the Living Dead', to show what we would really like to do with bratty, rude spermmistakes?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 10:49pm
Really f**king sick of Nutella ads. They don't deviate from the formula "know it all white mom who's kids hate her except when she feeds them chocolate frosted whole grain bread".

It's just like the other ad where the kids won't come down for breakfast until she says "and I'm putting a little Nutella on your whole wheat waffles" or some sh*t.

Dear Nutella, you aren't fooling anyone. Your product is literally chocolate frosting. There is nothing healthy about it. Just because in every ad you slap it over "multigrain toast" or "whole wheat waffles" doesn't change a damn thing. It's overly compensating for the fact that your product is nothing but chocolate nut sugar paste. I literally don't understand how they can get away with trying to market this as a breakfast food....or a health food.

It's ok, I'm in marketing!
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 12:12am
I'd love to see Nutella as an ice-cream flavor! Thumbs Up
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

ARGH!!!!!

How many times do I have to say it?

Nutella is NOT nutritious it's chocolate spread on toast!!!!Angry 
thank you. just because it's made from hazelnuts and skim milk and "a hint of cocoa" (they leave out the metric f**kton of sugar) doesn't make it healthy. california's already caught on and has made them stop marketing it as a healthy breakfast. hopefully the rest of the nation will catch up too, since it took decades to make them stop marketing sugar-filled cereals that just happened to contain vitamins as supposedly being as healthy as plain cheerios or something.

oh, and it contains palm oil. not sure if it comes from a sustainable source but that's lead to a lot of controversy lately due to deforestation, etc. i tried nutella once and it tasted like an odd chocolate, so i'll just stick to plain old chocolate (made without palm oil - some brands use it), and in moderation. and also not pretend spreading it on toast and waffles somehow is healthy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic