Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shark Rotator "Shark vs. Dyson' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shark Rotator "Shark vs. Dyson' (video)
    Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 7:24pm
DeadBlimey, Limey!
It'the 'Shark Lady' vs. 'The Dancin' Dyson Diva, Donegan'!!!
If THIS isn't one of the most offensive commercials as of late, not sure what could be.
We could do without 'Prancing Priss' and the obvious slap - why not a simple comparison?
No thanks, Shark peeps - that is not quality advertising.
I've already got $5 set aside that say Dyson will simply ignore your ad, rather than attempt to compete with it.
No, we've neither of your products, much less are looking for either.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 8:08pm
Does anyone really pay 6 bills for a vacuum? I'm happy with my 10yr. old Hoover. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Does anyone really pay 6 bills for a vacuum? I'm happy with my 10yr. old Hoover. 
My 17 year old Kirby works as good as when new.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 8:41pm
OuchWith only the 'best and most loving intentions'..
*I* once bought MissyDWolf a SHARP (*not* SHARK) Vac, for 'Valentine's Day'.
It was a 'top-of-the-line', $200 model.
Did that about 20 years ago.
Did it at LUNCH, on Valentine's Day - then proudly showed it off, at work.
All the gents told me I was not only nuts, but an idiot.
All the ladies told me I was f*&ked, but wasn't about to get so.
It was a very stylish, REALLY shiny, jet-black vac.
Went over like a lead balloon, but she wanted another one for the upstairs (no way! *I* didn't fall for that!), then wanted me to show her how to use it a few times - from one end of the house. to the other.
It was a 'no-win' gift from the start.
But I didn't learn, just then, NO!
I bought her a $200 Rowena Iron, for XMAS.
THAT is when I 'got the message' and actually felt the 'lead balloon'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 5:16pm
Everything I've ever had from Shark has broken practically on the first use. The sewing machine? Don't want to see an ad like this comparing themselves to Singer. Yes, the Shark cost $20 and the Singer $100, but the quality difference was that much as well (as in the Singer still works and the Shark got returned twice and then just went to the trash, where it obviously belonged in the first place). I'm guessing it's a similar situation with the vacuums (and yes, I am even more biased - I absolutely love my Dyson, it's the best vacuum I've ever had and I don't think I will ever go back.)
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

OuchWith only the 'best and most loving intentions'..
*I* once bought MissyDWolf a SHARP (*not* SHARK) Vac, for 'Valentine's Day'.
It was a 'top-of-the-line', $200 model.
Did that about 20 years ago.
Did it at LUNCH, on Valentine's Day - then proudly showed it off, at work.
All the gents told me I was not only nuts, but an idiot.
All the ladies told me I was f*&ked, but wasn't about to get so.
It was a very stylish, top-of-the-line, REALLY shiny, jet-black model.
Went over like a lead balloon, but she wanted another one for the upstairs (no way! *I* didn't fall for that!), then wanted me to show her how to use it a few times - from one end of the house. to the other.
It was a 'no-win' situation, from the start.
But I didn't learn, just then, NO!
I bought her a $200 Rowena Iron, for XMAS.
THAT is when I 'got the message' and actually felt the 'lead balloon'.

I feel your pain. I also had to learn the hard way. It was 27 years ago and I had been married 2 years. We were shopping in a local 'upscale' department store when she noticed a set of ceramic kitchen cannisters. They were good quality, imported from Italy, and fairly expensive. She stated that she would "really like to have them in our kitchen". It was about a Month before Christmas so in my total ignorance I assumed this was a hint. Of course the 'lead balloon' dropped on Christmas day. Even though I somehow had the presence of mind to also give her a nice little gold bracelet, that in no way cancelled the gift of 'kitchen ware'. I could count on being reminded for 18 more Christmas's. To this day I have maintained my 100% failure rate concerning what a woman actually means as opposed to what she has actually said. I'm sorry Pa but the iron for Christmas could possibly be diagnosed as a suicide attempt considering it's potential as a lethal weapon!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

Everything I've ever had from Shark has broken practically on the first use. The sewing machine? Don't want to see an ad like this comparing themselves to Singer. Yes, the Shark cost $20 and the Singer $100, but the quality difference was that much as well (as in the Singer still works and the Shark got returned twice and then just went to the trash, where it obviously belonged in the first place). I'm guessing it's a similar situation with the vacuums (and yes, I am even more biased - I absolutely love my Dyson, it's the best vacuum I've ever had and I don't think I will ever go back.)
CIH-(and product reviews) I may spend the money on a Dyson, the old Eureka smart vac has alot of miles on her. I work fewer hours than my spouse so I maintain the house inside and out. With a 75 lb animule in the house a good vacuum is important. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic