Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

There is no such word as "melty"!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There is no such word as "melty"!
    Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 1:41am
I am sick of hearing about "melty" cheese, "melty" chocolate, etc.

Don't we have enough real words you ad copy writers can use? Or are your brains all melty?

The Onion says it best:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/websters-reluctantly-adds-melty-to-english-lexicon,5866/

Sponsored Links

zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 2:52am
"Merriam-Webster president John Morse said in a series of words he never imagined he would ever have need to utter. "1: An edible foodstuff possessing viscous qualities; 2: See goolicious. I hereby announce my retirement."
It seems the president of Merriam Webster did not approve either..
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 4:19am
zfiles, The Onion is a satire site.
zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 4:45am
Oh..right..I knew that.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:22am
Shazna would beg to differ

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 6:10am
Every time I hear that "word," I want to cause bodily harm to whoever created it.  He or she must be prevented from ever unleashing such a monstrosity upon the world again.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 4:22pm
It reminds me of the word "chocolatey"...as in what companies use as a word when they can't legally call something chocolate. It's "chocolatey drink" or "chocolately pieces" because it's not real chocolate. So what is melty? Fake cheese that melts?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Bozoshow View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bozoshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:33pm
If everyone that ever said "melty" or "veggies" disappeared from the face of the earth....it is annoying and before it became a staple in commercials, I never heard anyone say "melty".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Bozoshow Bozoshow wrote:

If everyone that ever said "melty" or "veggies" disappeared from the face of the earth....it is annoying and before it became a staple in commercials, I never heard anyone say "melty".

Add to that "hoodies"and "besties", a few other words I'll never say except in jest.

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:22am
Melty kisses are a good Japanese snack. I still have some. I hope they are not expired.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Bozoshow Bozoshow wrote:

Add to that "hoodies"and "besties", a few other words I'll never say except in jest.

OuchI LOVE 'VEGGIES' and have called 'em that for MANY YEARS - maybe before it was popular (is it?).
'Hoodies' has actually seemed to mature beyond the '-ies'; and, wel so muchl beyond 'hooded sweat shirt'; significant 'style' has been applied, but then again, so has basic designation for common criminal attire (although, an athlete wearing a hooded sweat shirt is still only wearing a hooded sweat shirt). 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 5:19am
"Boobies" is another one.  Should only be used by those under the age of 4.  I'll stick with "tits"...and "hoots" maybe, to mix things up a bit.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 6:04pm

"Boobies" is another one.  Should only be used by those under the age of 4.  I'll stick with "tits"...and "hoots" maybe, to mix things up a bit.

One that had me laughing was Chris Rock calling them 'Village Feeders'

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:42pm

ConfusedWhat if you were born on February 29th? Do you get a waiver and are allowed to 'say & play' with 'Boobies'?
I like (FEMALE) 'Boobies'!Big smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedWhat if you were born on February 29th? Do you get a waiver and are allowed to 'say & play' with 'Boobies'?
I like (FEMALE) 'Boobies'!Big smile
If you were 48 years old born on February 29th being technically 12 years old you could still refer to female breasts as "boobies". I, like you, think that most male humans from birth to 100 years old like to play with female "boobies".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic