Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radio Shack Black Dude

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Shack Black Dude
    Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 12:15am

Would anyone like to guess how many espressos this overly excited dipsh** had before they shot this commercial? 

I would possibly be 37% as excited as this guy if I had just bought the car of my dreams.  48% as excited if I scored a second date with the girl of my dreams.  59% as excited if I scored a third date with the girl of my dreams, since you all know what THAT means.  84% as excited if I actually married the girl of my dreams.  And finally, 97% as excited if that girl of my dreams that I married gave birth to my first child.

Point being, WTF Radio Shack, just shut your chatter box actor up!!

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 12:49am
Another jerk off excited about his phone. Go Censored yourself!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 12:50am
I agree 8000%. Radio Shack has a bunch of new ppl doing their ads and I don't think they missed a single ethnic group.  But all I hear is this big black dude yelling at me.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 3:23am
Anyone else just about ready to go Luddite? (irony of posting this on the internet from a computer is not lost on me). 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:19am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Anyone else just about ready to go Luddite? (irony of posting this on the internet from a computer is not lost on me). 

We could conduct CIH by mail.

zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:27am
EMCEE and Thor, I had to google Luddite and CIH to figure out what you were talking about.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:39am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I LOLed because for some reason I pictured some Ken Burns style readings of Civil War letters from the front.  

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:40am
Originally posted by zfiles zfiles wrote:

EMCEE and Thor, I had to google Luddite and CIH to figure out what you were talking about.

Sorry Embarrassed

- Mark Twain

zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 5:05am
No need to be sorry, I like learning new words.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 5:39am
Another phone addict (yawn). I used to go to radio shack to buy speaker wire or some sort of cable adapter. Now they pretty much just sell someone's gadgets that everyone else sells. I don't know how they are still around, much less how they can afford to advertise.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by zfiles zfiles wrote:

One of my pet peeves is people using obscure acronyms or ones they've just made up, as if everyone will know what they're talking about.  After I joined here, it took me a bit to figure out that CIH stood for Commercials I Hate.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 3:28pm
What dickhead in Radio Shack's ad department thought up the idea to go with a 'mockumentary' style for their commercials?  Confused
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Another phone addict (yawn). I used to go to radio shack to buy speaker wire or some sort of cable adapter. Now they pretty much just sell someone's gadgets that everyone else sells. I don't know how they are still around, much less how they can afford to advertise.
I agree, their name is Radio Shack. They used to be the spot for radios, CB's, TV equipment and such. I bet not the first sales person knows what a Ham Radio is, much less has parts for them.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:45am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

What dickhead in Radio Shack's ad department thought up the idea to go with a 'mockumentary' style for their commercials?  Confused
Because so many people think they are telling the truth and they are not paid actors?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I agree, their name is Radio Shack. They used to be the spot for radios, CB's, TV equipment and such. I bet not the first sales person knows what a Ham Radio is, much less has parts for them.
Some of them might have some knowledge of cell phones but I wouldn't count on it.
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 6:18am
I like the "they got me a new phone rrrrrapido" guy one better....lol. 
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 6:19am

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Some of them might have some knowledge of cell phones but I wouldn't count on it.

Also, I was just thinking the other day how Radio Shack used to sell all kinds of neat littlw DIY projects, CBs, neat robot toys...lots of cool stuff. Now it's just essentially an AT&T U-verse kiosk.  Confused
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 8:36pm

I LOLed because for some reason I pictured some Ken Burns style readings of Civil War letters from the front.  

Day One

My Dear Brita the commercials are worse than the could ever be. They're playing the dumb daddy card and I'm sick of it. They played Geico commercials and I thought I wouldn't survive but I did. I can't stand the Censored anymore I wish they'd go away. If I ever see another JG Wentworth commercial I'm gonna bash the TV. There's too many commercials out there I don't know how much I could take!

Yours Truly,
Anonymous
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 9:44pm
My dear AdNauseous....lol......??

ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by britastar britastar wrote:

My dear AdNauseous....lol......??

It was a parody so I  had to think of something it's nothing personal. LOL it was completely random. 
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 9:53pm
Darn...thought you were writing me a love post....lol
Star

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 9:54pm
I posted about this a few weeks ago too....vid wont work but I'm assuming it's the I LOVE MY NEW PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  omg....hate.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Day One

My Dear Brita the commercials are worse than the could ever be. They're playing the dumb daddy card and I'm sick of it. They played Geico commercials and I thought I wouldn't survive but I did. I can't stand the Censored anymore I wish they'd go away. If I ever see another JG Wentworth commercial I'm gonna bash the TV. There's too many commercials out there I don't know how much I could take!

Yours Truly,
Anonymous

My dearest Laura:

I do believe I am at my wit's end.  I just bore witness to another GEICO advert, and although I persist on Commercialsihate.com in my sarcastic and joking endeavors, the idiocy threatens my very being. 

We are almost out of quips at the time of this writing, and the ungodly stupidity of all the commercials to which we have had to bear witness is beginning to eat away at our gray matter.  If only there were some way to cease this endless, soulless attack on the senses.

Keep warm and safe by the fire, my love, and remember to be rapid with the remote control, lest you catch a stray advert. 

Yours,
Emcee

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic