Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico: Slinky on a escalator. Kill me now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico: Slinky on a escalator. Kill me now.
    Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:03pm

OMG Geico has not only run out of ideas, they've run out of brains!Wacko
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:11pm
Saw this stupid annoying crap this weekend (is giving a Slinky an annoying voice really necessary??).  And if the slinky isn't convincing enough:

The first time I saw this commercial, I could tell within the first 2 seconds that it was gonna be another one for this newest stupid "Happier than Pigs in Sh*t feat. the Happy Hipster Douchebag Duo" Geico trend.  They truly have the worst advertising ideas, no contest.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:27pm
Geico's advertising strategy seems to be about quantity, not quality.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:54pm
Personally, I am offended that Geico continues to send this bullsh*t over the airwaves. Do you think that perhaps, because they were a government insurer, That is why they are so arrogant and ignorant?
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Saw this stupid annoying crap this weekend (is giving a Slinky an annoying voice really necessary??).  And if the slinky isn't convincing enough:

The first time I saw this commercial, I could tell within the first 2 seconds that it was gonna be another one for this newest stupid "Happier than Pigs in Sh*t feat. the Happy Hipster Douchebag Duo" Geico trend.  They truly have the worst advertising ideas, no contest.

My brain must've instantly registered how stupid this commercial was.  I know I've seen it several times, but all those times and it didn't even register that this was another horrible commercial cranked out by the idiots in GEICO's ad campaign until I read this thread.  Nice commercial, GEICO.  This is what you get when your ad managers are all the results of first cousins f*cking each other. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 10:32pm
Happy Hipster Douchebag Duo

Could be a contender for a bad band name!

That's a perfect description for these POS I HATE them.  I wish they'd go away PERMANENTLY!Angry
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 10:35pm
Generally
Excruciatingly
Irritating
Commercial
Organization

Poiuyt Power!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 10:54pm
I'd love to see both Geico & Progressive's advertising budgets. $$$$$$$
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 10:59pm
Slinkies can not experience emotions! They're already running out of things to use "happier than a" on. Arguably, they never had a good one to begin with. Happier than a witch in a broom factory? That doesn't even make sense. One would think all the brooms they make are the same, all she has to do is steal one broom and leave.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Me too, I'm wondering how much they spend for advertising since they seem to be carpet bombing the airwaves lately.  Angry
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Slinkies can not experience emotions! They're already running out of things to use "happier than a" on. Arguably, they never had a good one to begin with. Happier than a witch in a broom factory? That doesn't even make sense. One would think all the brooms they make are the same, all she has to do is steal one broom and leave.

Geico's Halloween edition.Ermm Hopefully she'll ride one with a nice size splinter. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 12:14am
I can't remember. What was the original slinky crosses America commercial? GEICO's Roadrunner/Wiley coyote commercial is more of their plagerism. Do your AdTards have absoloutly no original ideas? Clue: The gecko is no longer original!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
zerocool View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerocool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 12:01am
Seriously? They couldn't even use a real slinky? Looks as fake as that money biker guy!
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 7:31am
I would call them the Smothered Brothers.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Geico's advertising strategy seems to be about quantity, not quality.

Yes. Just like Progressive.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:06pm
^  At least with Progressive, there's consistency in their advertising (they're mostly Flo).  Geico, on the other hand, has such scattered and numerous ad campaigns, and they mostly suck.  It's like they throw anything and everything against the wall to see what'll stick.  And even the stuff that doesn't stick, they just pick up and throw again.

This new campaign with the two musicians is really bad.  Unless you pay close attention, these commercials don't even make sense.  In this one, we go directly from the Slinky scene to the two guys---with no apparent connection.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Personally, I am offended that Geico continues to send this bullsh*t over the airwaves. Do you think that perhaps, because they were a government insurer, That is why they are so arrogant and ignorant?
Great discription of the government.LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 4:22pm

A "slinky" on an escalator is not always such a bad thing....

Evil Smile 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 9:00pm
These started off bad, and get progressively worse.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 9:39pm
Ok Jimbo, That is a dark skinned hotty in a slinky skirt?
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 4:47am

I just read that "Flo" is making $500,000 a year!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

A "slinky" on an escalator is not always such a bad thing....

Evil Smile 

Here's a guaranteed way to make sure all the fellas are following the safety rule of facing forward when riding up the escalator:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

It sucks to be hated, I bet she has a nicer boat than the prop they used in the boat ins. ad.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 7:23am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

It sucks to be hated, I bet she has a nicer boat than the prop they used in the boat ins. ad.

That just ruined my f*cking day.  I want $500,000 a year to be annoying as hell. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic