Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible local commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 6:02pm
Yakima Watermill released a new wonderful commercial (groan). No video online, but the woman is flying like a bird...until she falls face first on the grass. Then goes on to hawk BioGuard products before the "animated" penguins push her into the water AGAIN. Hark hark hark so funny...Not.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:42pm
Here's one for a local jewelry shop replete with the simpsons-look-a-like owner and his trophy wife....

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 1:53am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I hear Cleveland has the worst local commercials ever. 

As bad as our sports deficit!
For your folks in Cleveland I feel your pain. However here in Baltimore, I think we may have you beat. Here are some Turkeys some radio, some TV in no particular order:

* TV-Antwerpin (car dealer) yep its not a country it's the last name of a family and the patriarch who opened thse dealerships suffered a stroke and still acts in his own commercials sounding pathetic- "When Jack says Yes."

* Radio- Ravens games- Shrilly hipsterette with Italian sounding surname from Montgomery county singing "Get Your Game On." Hate this song so much not sure what they are selling!

* Shock Trauma Hospital/Univ  of MD. A nurse/actress says in "Bawlmerease" "This is Joe, he's a carpenter." As they get ready to cut him open.

* Radio-Chesapeake Employer Insurance: Been around waaaay too long. An awful white hack band who can't even sing... "Someone waitin fo yo safe return." Think you got the picture

* WBAL Radio- Kids campaign for the never ending holiday season from hell. Maudlin, over sanctimonious blather. I know a good cause but that music and the misery. Barf

I'll think of more of them.
I approve this message.
michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 3:39am
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 7:30am
Guess this one aired a while ago in the Dayton, OH area. I just saw this on local Philly TV, first time I've seen this disgusting mess.

Wow..if I ever chowed down on a stick of butter while watching TV, I beg of you or anyone. Kill me.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 8:31am
...well, maybe it isn't 'horrible', but it is (was) local (courtesy of my youngest daughter):
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 12:14am
More amusing than horrible but worth an honorable mention. In Baltimore there is a commercial for "Morris the Remodeler." But with his strong Baltimore accent you can cut with a machete he sounds like:
"Om Marstheremodler, you'se can have n inclo(long long o)sure (enclosure). Om on time all a time."
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:41am
Ouch  Absolutely awful!

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:07pm
Ever notice how the local car dealers (usually salespeople/management) have the strongest local accents? At least in Baltimore, most of them have the extreme Baltimore accent personified.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Ever notice how the local car dealers (usually salespeople/management) have the strongest local accents? At least in Baltimore, most of them have the extreme Baltimore accent personified.

I've noticed that here in NJ, as well.  It seems that some people get some sorta twisted sense of pride in displaying the most stereotypical accent they can muster.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I've noticed that here in NJ, as well.  It seems that some people get some sorta twisted sense of pride in displaying the most stereotypical accent they can muster.

They actually think they have no accent and are the next coming of Sir Lawrence Olivier. Too vain and too retarded to realize they are being laughed at and pittied.
I approve this message.
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 12:10am
No Youtube link for this one, but it may be for the better:

There's a local ambulance chaser law firm, Mark A. Hunt. They have a commercial where one of the associates are walking and counting their steps downtown, before turning to the camera and saying:

"I get a lot of DUIs..."

*jumpcut*

"...in my office."

I'd punch the TV, but I always see it in my work's break room, and I don't have the money to cover a replacement. XP
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 4:05am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHSkuvP2AG4

One of THE WORST local commercials that I can remember.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by aspie1966 aspie1966 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHSkuvP2AG4

One of THE WORST local commercials that I can remember.

I approve this message.
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 2:17am
Thanks. I haven't been here in forever and can't remember how to post Youtube videos here.
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:17am
This one is too stupid for words. If your company is in the business of giving any kind of medical services, why would you want a cartoon duck as your spokesthing? Makes it too easy to be called a quack. Really? This is how you are trying to get customers to buy your shady services?

michael971 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 7:55pm
another weird pawn shop ad

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 4:29am
I wonder if debt suckers are related to the stupid progressive rate suckers...

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 12:22am
Another fracking ahole.  I hope this woman is better at her job, than she is at acting.  She sounds a bit slow.

Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:16pm
That damn Instant Care ad from Chicagoland is back, With some lamea** supermarket clerk giving bad advice & a cadre of other losers misleading the poor sap.AngryAngryAngryThumbs DownCensoredOuchWackoEvil SmileShocked
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 6:13pm
I wish I could find the current commercial, the heavy set, bald guy is hiding in an appliance box.
The strange older lady, with curlers in her hair, is wondering what to do with all of this 'stuff'.

His voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard...I'd like to drive to Green Bay just to smack him upside his head. Angry

Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 7:27pm
That conspirator-like ding d*ng going "Shhhh", With putting his finger to his mouth. For Patrick Cadillac in Chicagoland. What incessantly annoying commercials they put out on TV....AngryTongueThumbs DownEvil SmileCensoredDisapproveEmbarrassed
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 8:01pm
We have to put up with these two here in Cincinnati.

Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 7:03pm
This one makes me "LOL" from the dramatic over-acting, her miserable face, the vocal fry..the "phoning it in"... it's all here !  LOL   

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 4:12pm
Keller Graduate School of Management. With their "Comfort Kills" tagline. Of course, One needn't be over accomidating. But one need not put sado-masochism into absolute virtue & practice. With some ding dong twerps who came from the Opus Amentibus or Idious sects, Seemingly.......AngryAngryAngryOuchOuchOuchConfusedConfusedConfusedThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownGeekGeekGeekEvil SmileEvil SmileEvil SmileTongueTongueTongueCensoredSleepyDeadDead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic