Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible local commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrotheada1a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by dreamtreedown dreamtreedown wrote:

[QUOTE=Dreamstalker]

There's a car dealer here (MA) called Commonwealth Motors; their ads are all pretty cheesy.  They actually have an entire YT channel.

Their radio ads are not any better. I cannot hit the mute button fast enough when I hear Kimmy's voice.

The ad I'd really love to see has the GEICO Gecko being run over and flattened by the Energizer bunny.
Sponsored Links

AquilaLorelei View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquilaLorelei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:55am
The DC area has Eastern Motors.  HALP!

They air during my mom's judge-show marathons EVERY DAY--helllllllp!
AND they have the nerve to have set up a YouTube channel, too!
https://www.youtube.com/user/EasternMotors
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I think Orlando is the horrible local commercial capital of the US.

We regularly suffer through a new series of these ads for a rinky-dink local amusement park called "Fun Spot".

The most recent incarnation was inspired by, well you watch it & see if you can guess:

Haven't seen these for quite awhile, thank God...

CAN'T STAND THE FUN SPOT COMMERCIALS!!!! I hate them sooo much, and his stupid "It's HUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE!" No it's not...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 7:47pm
Sorry to bring this one back from the dead.
These ads are soooo fking stupid. They have a series of 3 or 4 and they are all bad.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 3:25am

We regularly suffer through a new series of these ads for a rinky-dink local amusement park called "Fun Spot".

The most recent incarnation was inspired by, well you watch it & see if you can guess:

Ugh, if I hear or see a parody of that motherf**king "song" I'm gonna lose it!

Most overrated and most annoying song of the decade, why can't it just DIE already?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 3:30am
Everybody always wants to jump on the bandwagon.

Whichever bandwagon happens to be around at the time.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 3:37pm
I present to you all the raging "The Texas Hammer" and his Spokesperson Posse:

And yes, all of his commercials have that same amount of egregious passion and enthusiasm for 'justice' against those dastardly insurance companies.   It's so bad that it's outright laughable.

He Bites BACKKKKKKKK!!!!  LOL

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 3:14am

This was exclusive to Michigan and hasn't aired in several years, thank god. Imagine waking up to the sound of this crap being played....and basically blared on TV. I hated this commercial the entire time it aired because it was like nails on a chalkboard. Seriously....why would you sound like a siren because of a problem in your mouth? Angry
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 8:01pm
Triple Play Resort in Idaho. First of all, it's in a frickin' hotel, so that's VERY cheap. Second of all, the kids crying and screaming makes me mute the TV immediately! I'm lightning fast to it.

Also, there's an ad (not online) for Mariano Morales Law in Yakima. This ad has zombies and horrible "insurance people" in it. It's so awful that I mute it.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
rosary View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 3:25am

Originally posted by rosary rosary wrote:

This commercial is awful. He says you can ride off on anything you want for $9 dollars as he points to his daughter and the car. Then he says, "Get Er Done".

His daughter has quite a following in the Kansas City area. He keeps dragging out the same poor old horse that has been on these commercials for about 10 years.

The daughter finally turned 18 and is no longer in the commercials. Lots of sick people out there in the world who have watched this girl grow up on her daddys sleazy "Buy here, pay here" car lot. You can only imagine the things people say.

Still don't know why a man on a horse is selling cars next to a security building.

rosary View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 3:45am

This little gem is really special. It has a jingle for hemmorhoids. This jingle has been around for about 5 years. They are still using this jingle. I feel sorry for the people that sung in this commercial. "Midwest Hemmorhoid treatment center...don't suffer in silence."

Many people have had hemmorhoid surgery and it is not something you WANT to suffer with. It is certainly not like they need to advertise. No one can be silent when you are hurting down there.

Children sing this jingle at walmart even though they don't know what they are talking about.

rosary View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 3:54am
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Haven't seen these for quite awhile, thank God...

CAN'T STAND THE FUN SPOT COMMERCIALS!!!! I hate them sooo much, and his stupid "It's HUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE!" No it's not...
rosary View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 3:56am
Fun spot is small. Very small.

You are right. Central Florida is home of bad commercials. I used to be down there  almost part time and it seems not much is held back on your channels.

I was kinda unhappy with how small fun spot is as big as the commercials make it look. I was also misled by gatorland advertising because it is small in size as well.
Traxan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:42am
AT&T U-verse in Orange County, CA is atrocious because none of the ads are local. For almost a year I was bombarded with horrible ads from a Malibu Greek restaurant voiced by some clown who sounded more like Pepe LePew than a Greek. There was a seriously hot dancer in the commercial but the rest was so awful I wanted to throw heavy objects at my TV. Plus, Malibu is a good 70-80 miles from where I am, so the ad was pointless. If I DO want Greek, I got places within 5-10 miles.

Now I'm seeing an endless string of silly commercials from a car dealer in Palmdale/Lancaster, about 100 miles away. Here's one:

He always wears that dumb crown and robe in the commercials. Ermm

It would be nice to see an ad from a truly local company. Like, within 10 miles? Or 30?
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 5:27pm
Titter ye not. My firm is giving serious consideration to advertizing on local tv. It has been rumoured that yours truly might be asked to appear. I'd rather cut my balls off with a rusty razor that be ridiculed on here so I'm going to decline if asked, but you can be sure that if the ad airs, I'll be the first on here to rubbish it. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 5:38pm

^  I say, go for it, Miseryg.  We'll be kind.  We promise.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 5:46pm
Wink...guess I can post some of the 'CashMan' commercials.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  I say, go for it, Miseryg.  We'll be kind.  We promise.

Just like the president promised me I could keep my doctor.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:00pm

LOL

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:33pm
Seattle's favorite car dealer - Ken Phillips! "Car Pros Kia Tacoma, Come See Us, You'll LIKE What You See!" When I lived in Seattle Q13 Fox (KCPQ) would air these ads constantly. New ones every couple of weeks. Muted them after a while. This is just from a week ago.

And this ad is just from a couple of years ago - awful. Just awful. Stereo Warehouse on Aurora Ave N in Seattle. 

And a BAD idea to put CGI *penguins* in a pool commercial? And they push the owner into the pool? This is a very bad commercial, right in the heart of Yakima for "Yakima Watermill" - and KIMA still plays this all the time!

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
potofgold View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potofgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 12:27am
I hope I'm doing this right:

This is an ad from a local furniture place. They have a few of them - all with the tagline "we aren't rich, our furniture just looks that way" or some such nonsense.
I'm unreasonably offended by this ad mostly because of its portrayal of the delivery guy as a money grubber who wants a bigger tip because the furniture in the house 'looks rich'.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 12:51am
Originally posted by SweaterRock SweaterRock wrote:

Here's one that drives me up the wall.  The 30-second spot wasn't posted on YouTube, but it's basically 30 seconds of this spliced together.

Granted, it looks well-produced, and I like the whole driving around Austin theme, but the singing/rapping drives me nuts.  I'm not sure what it is about it, but I can't take it after five seconds.  Maybe it's the fact that it's a mom rapping about domestic duties, and she's apparently trying to make driving in a Fiat cool.  I didn't know those little munchkin cars started taking the place of luxury cars in rap videos.

It's commercials like this that get the African American community scrambling to replace their latest version of 'cool' with something else.  LOL

I mean, like, once it reaches white soccer moms, it's over.  

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 10:51pm
I'm surprised this thread has gone three pages and still nothing from this guy:

I hate him so much I've eliminated the H-word from my vocabulary.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 1:42am
Harrisburg and York PA local stations have a long tradition of bad TV ads for various businesses in the area. Can't find video of some of the classics from the early 70s through the 80s, but the local home improvement contractors--siding and window guys, mostly--insisted on reading their own ad copy in single-camera ads shot in the local station's studio. Terrible.

In the 80s and 90s, several of the local car dealers bought ads made by roaming promoters who'd roll into town in their motor home and shoot several ads for one or the other of the dealers. They were the pioneers of yelling in ads, and mindless repitition of the dealer's name and phone number.

One of those guys was a tall paunchy Texan who usually wore a cowboy hat and went by the name of "T. Buff." His real name was Tommy Buffington. He somewhat resembled Boss Hogg from "Dukes of Hazzard," only taller. He always opened his ads saying, "T. Buff hee-yuh..." I remember one of his truly bizarre ads where, instead of his cowboy outfit, he appeared wearing only a very large diaper and a baby bonnet. He talked in a falsetto voice in that one, which be opened with  "Baby Buff hee-yuh..."

In the late 90s one local Ford dealer thought it would be cute to have his two young sons star in his commercials. One was 6 or 7, and did most of the talking. It wasn't nearly as cute as Dad thought.

Now, by far, our worst local commercials are by personal injury law firms. I'll try to find some of those and post.

Hundreds of threads killed.
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 10:11pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL3RpXONZ5w

I have no idea what in the world he's doing at 0:11

Edit: Sorry for just posting the link, the tube tags weren't working for this one in particular.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic