Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible local commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horrible local commercials
    Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:39pm
Post your most hated local ads.  This one makes me want to punch my TV.

WTF?!?! They bought a cheap halloween wizard costume and then have some kid screaming for no reason.  Was their budget really that low?  This is absolute crap.
Sponsored Links

Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 3:11pm
I can't find the various "Judge Judy" commercials that have been playing locally, so I'll have to go with something else.

Here's one that I'm pretty sure is only from Portland, OR. I've had to put up with it for over 20 years...

...and...

...and...

Earlier in this series of commercials, he didn't shriek in an obnoxious falsetto, but he had this really douchebag tool mullet...

And many people laughed at his pain when a typical Portland meth-head ripped him off. (I didn't, though, because I'm a saint). This news report is relevant because it mentions his infamous trolling commercials.

"Today's Tom Sewer, you get by on him." - Tom Sawyer by Rush... sort of.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 2:59am
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 4:07am
Happy's Pizza easily takes the cake for most annoying local commercial in metro Detroit.  It's a regional chain that has specialized in butchering popular oldie songs for use in their commercials.  This one, which aired until fairly recently, is probably the least annoying of the bunch - it's based on "Don't Worry, Be Happy." And yes, it airs virtually every day during "Judge Judy," often TWICE during the same commercial break.

The worst one of the bunch is the one currently airing, which seems to be based on "Jingle Bell Rock." The same singer sings "Mama can you bring a Happy's Family Box"... (And what's wrong with having Daddy get the Happy's Family Box?) "...up to four tops" (I have never heard pizza toppings called "tops" before).  "Jingle Bell Rock" is annoying enough a song to have to hear ad nauseam during the holidays... I don't need a bad imitation (referring to the lyrics/arrangement, not the vocalist, whom I actually kind of like) assaulting my ears in August and September.   
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 4:28am
All local commercials seem to be horrible. They are all screaming: new/used cars, mattresses, furniture, carpet. Stop-Stop- Stop- Stop it! AHHHHHHHHHHH!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 4:44am
[/QUOTE]i live about 50 miles south of Portland OR. I have the Portland TV stations as my locals. I have never seen a outrageous audio commercial (thank you jesus!). They need to have a preditor drone cap their a** with a hellfire missle or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 5:17am
I'm sure you know this one Tom S. "If you find that you need a CAR-CAR. Let us put you into a CARR-CARR. CARR Chevrolet. In my opinion the worst local commercial ever produced. It wormes it's way into your brain. I would never consider buying a car from these a**holes or any Chevrolet dealer but the stupid jingle is stuck in my head. They really need a drone strike with hellfire missles!
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 11:13pm
First off, I HATE commercials that appear to be a breaking news segment, a fake Q&A, or anything that mimics something important just to sell me a product. 9 out of 10 times, I won't buy their product.

While visiting my cousin in Lubbock, I was bombarded by this stupid-ass commercial. WHY is he running for a political office... what does buying gold have to do with it? The only thing I can think of is the subtle nod to how the government is trying to buy up all of your precious metals. Do note that girl at the beginning is talking into a phone too.

There is another one that's over played out there from Mike Gold Buyers. They have this stupid slogan "I sold gold and I like Mike". While looking for a video, I found they actually trademarked that stupid slogan. To me it sounds like they just merged two slogans to make a new one. That like McD's using the slogan "I'm lovin' my break today."

I'm glad I have a Roku box. No more stupid commercials for me.

Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I've never even been in one of Bob's stores, but if he was giving away funiture including free delivery, I wouldn't go there just because I hate his commercials so much.
This little creep has been on both TV and radio for years.  His entire marketing plan seems to be "Everyone in the furniture busines is a crook....except me".  He claims that free delivery, interest free financing, and in store give-aways are all gimmicks...............except when he offers them.  This one is a claymation but he does most of them in person.  He has a whiney, high pitched voice and a phony forced smile.

ironwolf56 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ironwolf56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 2:56am
Horrible local commercials?  Isn't that a tautology?  Here in the not-so-great state of Maine we have a couple infamous ones.  First there's the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein, which have been using the canned Robert Vaughn law commercials for DECADES, it's kind of famous all over the state though and dropping in a Joe Bornstein reference among Mainers is sure to get a chuckle.  A newer entry to the fray here (past 7 or 8 years or so?) is a place called Bangor Car Care.  A sketchy joint anyway the commercials are noted for being beyond cheesy and starring the owner who has an ad voice that would make the late Billy Mays look like he took a vow of silence.  Nothing quite like waking up at 2 a.m. when you fell asleep with the TV on with Glenn (the guy's name) screaming COME JOIN THE PAAAAHTY!!!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 3:07am
Originally posted by ironwolf56 ironwolf56 wrote:

Horrible local commercials?  Isn't that a tautology?  Here in the not-so-great state of Maine we have a couple infamous ones.  First there's the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein, which have been using the canned Robert Vaughn law commercials for DECADES, it's kind of famous all over the state though and dropping in a Joe Bornstein reference among Mainers is sure to get a chuckle.  A newer entry to the fray here (past 7 or 8 years or so?) is a place called Bangor Car Care.  A sketchy joint anyway the commercials are noted for being beyond cheesy and starring the owner who has an ad voice that would make the late Billy Mays look like he took a vow of silence.  Nothing quite like waking up at 2 a.m. when you fell asleep with the TV on with Glenn (the guy's name) screaming COME JOIN THE PAAAAHTY!!!
All local commercials are beyond horrible. A local carpet warehouse is now starting their screaming "summer sale" Three days after summer officialy ended! Retards! Nuf Said!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

I've never even been in one of Bob's stores, but if he was giving away funiture including free delivery, I wouldn't go there just because I hate his commercials so much.
This little creep has been on both TV and radio for years.  His entire marketing plan seems to be "Everyone in the furniture busines is a crook....except me".  He claims that free delivery, interest free financing, and in store give-aways are all gimmicks...............except when he offers them.  This one is a claymation but he does most of them in person.  He has a whiney, high pitched voice and a phony forced smile.

I always refer to him as a penis in a shirt!
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I'm sure you know this one Tom S. "If you find that you need a CAR-CAR. Let us put you into a CARR-CARR. CARR Chevrolet. In my opinion the worst local commercial ever produced. It wormes it's way into your brain. I would never consider buying a car from these a**holes or any Chevrolet dealer but the stupid jingle is stuck in my head. They really need a drone strike with hellfire missles!

"Car-car" ... that sounds like something you'd say to infants.  As a matter of fact, when my cousin was an infant, we DID refer to automobiles as "car-cars" when talking with him.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 3:21pm
ConfusedThese old 'starving lawyers' commercials have come back, along with their new one (not available), starring a very questionable 'talking dog'. Makes me think these guys must have accidently won a case where somebody actually got paid. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:25pm

Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

I always refer to him as a penis in a shirt!

LOLLOL

I alwayed HATED Bob's Discount Furniture ads. What a dweeb! He's been airing commercials both on TV and radio since the 90's and has always been annoying. If there was any way to prevent him from advertising I would do it.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 6:22pm
Here in Buffalo we have constant nonstop ads for the local personal injury law firms, both on the radio and on TV, and they're all terrible. Outside of living in Toronto for a while and a couple trips to PA I've never been outside of NY (and except for going to Elmira where my mother is from have never even been outside the Buffalo area), so I gotta ask, is this a common thing everywhere else in the U.S.? Because I swear they're the only local ads I see, outside of the occasional ad for a couple scrapyards.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by A.C. Sativa A.C. Sativa wrote:

Here in Buffalo we have constant nonstop ads for the local personal injury law firms, both on the radio and on TV, and they're all terrible. Outside of living in Toronto for a while and a couple trips to PA I've never been outside of NY (and except for going to Elmira where my mother is from have never even been outside the Buffalo area), so I gotta ask, is this a common thing everywhere else in the U.S.? Because I swear they're the only local ads I see, outside of the occasional ad for a couple scrapyards.
LOLYea - you got it! They're everywhere - friggin' starving 'Ambulance Chasers trying to keep from having to park their BMW's outside of the City Mission - they'll do anything for your dollar!'
Buffalo has the 'Ross & Steve Show' (Cellino & Barnes), who have absolutely the most horrific car accident commercials, these days (they literally had to 'shock' the public away from William Mattar (who I like)). Their car accident commercial will literally make one spit soup - Hollywood as nothing on their reenactments.
(Looks like you are in our 'Hunting Grounds', if'n you're anywhere between Toronto and Buffalo...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Praetorian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 6:32am
I'm not sure how if this is local or national.  Seems regional.  Either way I'm sick of this dude.

DefaultUsername View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefaultUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 10:01pm
There's a car dealer near me that has THE DUMBEST COMMERCIALS EVER. Let's just say that they involve people in costumes. Which is NEVER a good thing.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by DefaultUsername DefaultUsername wrote:

There's a car dealer near me that has THE DUMBEST COMMERCIALS EVER. Let's just say that they involve people in costumes. Which is NEVER a good thing.

Are you talking about Seelye - Wright Auto Group?Smile

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 10:09pm
We get bombarded with these it's one of Optimum's newest commercials and is annoying as hell!

Here's one from a few years ago:

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefaultUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 2:22am
No, it was a dealer near me called Szott Dodge. Their youtube channel is szottm59dodge. Worst. Ads. EVER.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefaultUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 2:58am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Originally posted by DefaultUsername DefaultUsername wrote:

Are you talking about Seelye - Wright Auto Group?Smile

Here's one of the dumbest I could find:
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:04am
There is a local commercial which is a car dealer. I thankfully cannot remember which one. They do a redneck. (i'm sorry reguarding actual rednecks) I think they are selling pick-up trucks, country Glee like singing and dancing thing which ends up with 5 or 6 guys who must be salesmen/mechanics pointing their "finger guns" at me. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRAH! 
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefaultUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:22pm
This one is pretty irritating, too....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic