Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skittles - "Skittlepox" (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skittles - "Skittlepox" (Video)
    Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 5:20pm
This is just creepy and the idea is flat out dumb.

Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 8:50pm
So their marketing idea is that eating their product...gives you a disease?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 9:15pm
That's one of the nastiest commercials I've ever seen. Who in their right mind would eat food off another person's body? Especially if the person is diseased. DeadDeadDeadDead
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 1:55am
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

That's DISGUSTING!Sick
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 5:21pm
DOES NOT WANT!!!Nuke
a3b3i View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a3b3i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 12:37am
Totally disgusting, and does not give me a craving for Skittles at all. Especially due to the fact that when the girl picks the Skittle off the dude's face, it leaves a little red mark, like it really WAS a wart of a pox. GROSS!

Skittles needs to pick up on some of Twix's advertising strategies. When they show all of that caramel drizzling over those cookie bars it makes me want to abandon my diet and buy a bulk bag of those Halloween size Twix for dinner.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 2:00am
How eerie & gross.!!!!!.DeadDeadDeadDead
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 3:11am
Was watching a marathon on MTV yesterday and this ad played about 10x an hour. HOLY HELL is it annoying! What is with Skittles and hiring the most repulsive, Napoleon Dynamite-esque ugly people for all of their ads? What is up with the (I'm guessing) intentionally bad acting involved by both of these uggos? Why are they both wearing ugly sleeveless shirts?!

With that aside, the rest of the idea is stupid too. Who the hell picks a sore off of someone's face and eats it? Contract the rainbow? Sounds like a bad metaphor for AIDS. At least the top comment on that video is "that girl is the sh*ttiest actress". The rest of the comments also seem to think this ad is stupid. Some faith in humanity restored.

Seriously Skittles, if this bad acting is intentional, and you're patting yourself on the back about how much people realize it, EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE POINT OF IT IS! If it's for the Napoleon Dynamite effect, you're missing the point entirely.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 4:18am
That's so hideously repulsive I think I caught a disease watching it. It's not Skittlespox though...
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 1:58pm
I didn't think it was bad.  Typical Skittles commercial.  I expect weirdness out of them.  This is the product that has a woman kissing a walrus on the mouth, after all.

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 10:45pm
Well, for me at least, kissing a walrus on the mouth isn't even close to being as disgusting as picking a sore off someone's body and eating it... even if the sore is sugary and artifically-lemon-flavored. 

I have to concur with the above posters... this commercial is simply gross.  The bad acting seems deliberately contrived to mimic the bad acting you saw in after-school specials in the '70s and '80s.  And the girl may be a crappy actress, but the guy isn't winning any Academy Awards either.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 12:05am
Big smileI liked that commercial - it made me happy.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 1:11am
And yet, I have a strange craving for Skittles now.  I guess the commercial did its job then.  Sigh... 
blue View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 4:26am
I just saw this on TV. Talk about an absolutely disgusting commercial, my skin is crawling. The sound it makes when it pops off, the red groove left behind... I want to vomit. Dead
Well, yehnnnsterday I had an apple turnover...
zerocool View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zerocool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 4:39am
That's nasty.

That goes for both this commercial and the people in it.

Where do they find such ugly people? That "girl" looks like she ought to have a mustache even though she hasn't got one and that guy looks like he's right out of some documentary about homeless ginger people.

RickGrande View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickGrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 4:31am
The girl seemed mentally disabled.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 6:37am
I hate Skittles commercials in general because of how bizarre they are. Most commercials are just random for no reason at all, in order to stand out, but Skittles is just plain WEIRD with their ads, like...drug-induced weird. Not sure why, but I actually cringed when she pulled the candy off the guy's face.
The poster formerly known as producer757
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by zerocool zerocool wrote:

That's nasty.

That goes for both this commercial and the people in it.

Where do they find such ugly people? That "girl" looks like she ought to have a mustache even though she hasn't got one and that guy looks like he's right out of some documentary about homeless ginger people.

Nasty not a strong enough world. It actually made me feel queasy.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:02am
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

I hate Skittles commercials in general because of how bizarre they are. Most commercials are just random for no reason at all, in order to stand out, but Skittles is just plain WEIRD with their ads, like...drug-induced weird. Not sure why, but I actually cringed when she pulled the candy off the guy's face.
   they started playing this ad all over again in my area this week.I thought it was gone geez! My view of this commercial is that the concept is gross, and it probably leaves a red mark on his face because it was stuck on with something that is left behind so that she didn't have to actually eat anything that might have been left on the candy from his skin such as oils, dirt Etc. Still though, the actors to me seem to be mentally disabled in some way, or are acting the part of low IQ stupid. I think this concept for a product is horrible because any time a company places the thought of "disease" alongside "food product" it can only hurt sales. Def. geared to look like one of those Teen Information specials about things you should watch out for, such as VD or Peer pressure. It bothered me maybe for reasons that differ from most people, but still I did NOT need this ad back on my TV again this month.
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:33pm
(from Oct, 2012)
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

(April, 2017)
I JUST saw 'Skittlespox' again - 5 years later - and it STILL makes me happy! Still makes me snicker and giggle.

I know most folks have a misguided dislike of this masterpiece - most people should lighten up. Since 'Day 1', 'Billy' has reminded me of one of my oldest and best friends - and is about as honest (with a perfect "I don't think so...", while knowing better - except my friend, without fail, would stop you at the very last second,)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NomoFlo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 1:44pm
Still one of the worst commercials of all time. The fact that it still plays just shows the intelligence level
of the average consumer. Probably popular with the same sheeple that watch Big Bang Theory. Almost insulting.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 3:45pm
i hate to say this but.i always thought, while stupid, its kind of endearing they cast a chick with a LATENT MUSTACHE in a mainstream ad...like i expect genius from SKITTLES

now Flo..and Toyota..i WISH they would do better but ..they never will

see new Flo ad with her 'acting' as her own family...crikey
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:37pm
If he had herpe sores would she be picking and eating them too?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 5:37pm
^LOLLOL

Kind of a creepy looking duo in their early teens, they are probably experimenting all sorts of things under the bleachers. Tongue
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:59pm

(from Oct, 2012)

(April, 2017)
I JUST saw 'Skittlespox' again - 5 years later - and it STILL makes me happy! Still makes me snicker and giggle.

I know most folks have a misguided dislike of this masterpiece - most people should lighten up. Since 'Day 1', 'Billy' has reminded me of one of my oldest and best friends - and is about as honest (with a perfect "I don't think so...", while knowing better - except my friend, without fail, would stop you at the very last second,)

Well it!

If your gonna act that way well fine. I don't care about your opinion and still say it's disgusting and stupid.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic