Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Kimmel's iPhone 5 Experiment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jimmy Kimmel's iPhone 5 Experiment
    Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 3:28pm
Since it's for a late night comedy talk show, this very well could be staged to mock the Apple users' blind loyalty and gullibility, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it is genuine and these idiots are  Apple Sheeple.

Didn't the iPhone 4S just come out a couple weeks ago?  Yep, the thing's getting old now ... guess it's time for another $200 "upgrade." Confused 

Sponsored Links

TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:30pm
I'm not that excited about this phone. The design is quite terrible and I dislike how the headphone jack is on the bottom.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:35pm
I'm not excited about it either, I just got an ipad I'm already happy with, I'm not going to waste money on a new one. It's like you buy the most recent one then they come out with a new one that you're expected to buy making the current one obsolete!!!!!

ENOUGH ALREADY APPLE!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 7:45pm
Never bought an iProduct...never will.

I got my phone free. Some idiot had dropped in in the middle of the street (Fell out of the window, was about to be run over). I waited half an hour for them to come back...they didn't, so I took out the SIM card, left an unsigned note saying "Learn to take care of your posessions", and took the phone home. I think it's an HTC.

It has the stupid audio jack on the bottom thing, but I don't even use that (I have a charm dangling from it now). I can make calls, text, and that's pretty much all I use it for, although I did find something for tracking my gym workouts.

I'll be using it until it breaks and is totally unusable. NOT when some new shiny comes out.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:30pm
I like my iPhone.  I'm due for an upgrade, but will wait and see. 

I just don't get why some people have disdain for technology that makes life easier.  While waiting for my wife in the doctor's office this week, I paid two bills, answered several work emails, updated my line-up for my fantasy team, and played a quick game of Jeopardy.  

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:46pm
Last night on MSNBC, Ezra Klein, the fill-in for Ed Schultz, actually spent time talking about how great the iPhone 5 is and how it's going to save the economy.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:50pm
I noticed that too he says it's going to move the GDP rate a measly 0.5 percentage points. Whoopdedoo that's less than Censored.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I like my iPhone.  I'm due for an upgrade, but will wait and see. 

I just don't get why some people have disdain for technology that makes life easier.  While waiting for my wife in the doctor's office this week, I paid two bills, answered several work emails, updated my line-up for my fantasy team, and played a quick game of Jeopardy.  

Because for every person like you, who uses this technology responsibly (Paying bills, working, mild relaxation), there are at least 20 people who become totally and completely obsessed with it, or just use the technology for stupidity 'because they can' rather than making their lives easier. As well as those who abuse it so they have an excuse to be extra lazy and un-motivated for anything.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I noticed that too he says it's going to move the unemployment rate a measly 0.5 percentage points. Whoopdedoo that's less than Censored.

I think that was the GDP, not unemployment figures.

The guy smacks of "dork".

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 9:05pm
Sorry I corrected it it is an infantile small figure. Nothing really to rave about.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic