Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3 years later and still muting Kit Kat commercials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 years later and still muting Kit Kat commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Auntier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 years later and still muting Kit Kat commercials
    Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 6:00am
Why does Kit Kat continue to degrade civility with its low class, uncouth crunching commercials? Is their target demographics beer belching, crotch scratching buffoons? I have literally become accustomed to keeping the remote in my hand to mute the commercial immediately and I feel rage when I see them in a store. I just can’t believe these ads are working! I know it’s been discussed before but I still become enraged when these commercials come on.
Sponsored Links

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 6:18am
Agreed.  Instant mute.  You'd think they would have learned by now.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Auntier Auntier wrote:

Is their target demographics beer belching, crotch scratching buffoons?

Yes.

"Today's Tom Sewer, you get by on him." - Tom Sawyer by Rush... sort of.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:55pm
Me too!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 12:38am
Me too. It makes me scream. I do love kit kats but I cannot abide that infernal CRUNCHY and MUNCHING! AUGH!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 1:17am
Me too!
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
BadCom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadCom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 2:28am
Absolutely agree.  This is a repeat offender - mute, mute, mute.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 4:05am
I have no mute button :(
Without hurting me,
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Ugh! How do you survive?
AquilaLorelei View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AquilaLorelei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 6:58am
Seconding the hatred for this series of commercials.  CRUNCHING IS NOT OKAY, GOT IT!?!?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 1:36am
changing the channel, covering my ears and going NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Literally.
Without hurting me,
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Ugh! How do you survive?

Hell, I only mute the TV when I'm on the phone.  Usually, when commercials come on, I check the on-screen guide to see what else is on, at which point, commercials almost become just white noise.  Or, I'll simply go to another channel.  Muting the sound always feels kinda weird to me as in "the silence is deafening".

TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:09pm
When this commercial played many times, I kept muting and then my muting button started to function poorly. It wasn't that easy.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:48am
This and the Pringles commercial from way back in the day - where every 'hip' college kid just knew it was cool to play stupid dog tricks with their chips and beat on the can like it was a bongo. 
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:22am
The sad truth is that there are so many WORSE commercials than the Kit-Kat ones, that it's hard to be be offended by them (for me, at least).
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 12:45am
-
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 1:07am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

You people have to get over your childhood stuff. Chewing sounds are natural. Bet many of you have dogs that make a lot grosser sounds when they eat, complete with slobbering. But that's cool, right?

Do you eat really crunchy things, or does the sound in your head get you really upset about it?

You may benefit from getting over telling people what they have to do.  It's not usually appreciated. 

Kit Kats are NOT even near that crunchy.  It's like they are biting into chocolate-covered concrete.  Seriously.

It's a series of contrived commercials that are annoying for the sake of being annoying.  If they don't bother you, more power to you.  But obviously, they piss off a lot of people. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 12:50am
I have mega sensitive ears, possible asperger's and misophonia. Various noises are hell on me.
Without hurting me,
Auntier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 3:42am
For NJtoTX

Crunching didn't bother me as a child. But as for eating really crunchy things...I don't eat rocks!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 3:51am
If it was a rock, that crunch would be the sound of your teeth breaking off, not the Kit Kat.

Break me off a piece of your two front teeth. Crunch
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

If it was a rock, that crunch would be the sound of your teeth breaking off, not the Kit Kat.

Break me off a piece of your two front teeth. Crunch

LOLROTFLMAO
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 6:14pm
For those who love chewing.

eat at joe's View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eat at joe's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 7:22pm
i wish my ex could see this thread.  i never liked the overly crunchy sounds of these commercials, but i'm able to roll my eyes and tune them out or change the channel until it's over.  but my ex would just go nuts when they would come on and go into a whole rant over how ignorant they are.  i heartily agree.  it's time for them to move on and think of something else.  

chocolate covered concrete - LOL
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 12:24am
Oh GOODY.  Now they have made a kit kat crunching commercial for Halloween!!  Angry
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 5:07pm
i'm so glad to see others hate these commercials as much as i do! Embarrassed every time i have to leap for the mute button. the unfortunate thing is i always have to hear a crunch or two before i can get to it. i knew before these commercials that kit kats were crispy and crunchy, wtf is up with this campaign? the only person i know who sounds this freaking loud eating them is my mom, who sounds like she's eating rocks when she eats anything other than bread. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic