Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sandals---Do it, do it...do it all again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sandals---Do it, do it...do it all again
    Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

That, or maybe the older, fatter couples aren't allowed to bring their his & her's bathtubs to the beach.Wink 

But they can bring their Hoverounds.  Sandal's even offers free towing for when they get stuck in the sand....  LOL
Sponsored Links

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 3:34am
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:20pm

Do you and your spouse(mistress) like to run happily along beaches?   

Yes!  The mistress part.  This place seems so much more like the kind of place you'd take your mistress.  Who the hell is gonna be dancing on the beach with their wife?

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:14pm
Back to the commercial itself. Does Sandals require people to fill out a questionnaire before coming to their little island? Like;
How much do you make?
How old are you?
What do you weigh?
Do you and your spouse(mistress) like to run happily along beaches?   
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:07pm
Eric Carmen was much better when he fronted The Raspberries.  Of course, that's what I grew up on, so I'm biased, too.

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:02pm
Yep, it was from "Dirty Dancing." :) So was Eric Carmen's "Hungry Eyes," recently heard in an M&Ms commercial.  Was "She's Like the Wind" ever used in a commercial? 

I guess I have more tolerance for that era of music than the rest of you, because I'm an '80s kid and grew up on hearing those songs on adult contemporary radio.
Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:21am
For a commercial selling sandals, I don't actually see any in this commercial.

Just kidding. I know that they're not selling sandals. It's just a joke. RELAX. PUT DOWN THAT GUN!
"Today's Tom Sewer, you get by on him." - Tom Sawyer by Rush... sort of.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 6:26am
I've got an idea!!  Let's make an already sh*tty song even worse with a horrible remix!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 3:13am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I'm not an expert on this genre of music. I think this tune was from dirty dancing. It was never the time of my life.  

I know it was from that 80s era of one sappy duet after another.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 2:48am
I'm not an expert on this genre of music. I think this tune was from dirty dancing. It was never the time of my life.  
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 1:46am
Agreed.  Unfortunately, it's crap that sells millions. 

"The do it, do it all again" crap specifically reminds me of "I Gotta Feeling," which unbelievably has crossed over to soft-rock radio stations even.  AGGGHHH!

Were Sandals the ones who, in an earlier ad, also used the Kelly Clarkson (s)hit "A Moment Like This"?  (I do like Kelly Clarkson, but NOT THAT SONG.) I hate remakes of hit songs sung by nondescript singers for commercials, but I'd rather have this commercial use the original song "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" again.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

I believe the song used in these commercials is actually "The Time (Dirty Bit)," a song by Black Eyed Peas that sampled/interpolated the original "(I've Had) The Time of My Life."

Believing that the Black Eyed Peas are a crime against music and a disgrace to good taste, I myself loathe this commercial. 

I hate the Black Eyed Peas their music is nothing but repetitive Censored!

It figures The Blacked Eyed Sneeze is responsible for this crap, it seems everything they touch turns to crap.Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  All of 'em, it seems.

Thank you jesus!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 11:00pm
^  All of 'em, it seems.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

Originally posted by Lysdexic Lysdexic wrote:

I'm sick of this commercial and this damned song.  I don't particularly like the original song (used in Sandals commercials, too), but this version really grates on my nerves.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
It's just a commercial crybaby. Get over it.

That's not nice.

Lysdexic must have deleted his post.Confused
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 9:35pm
I believe the song used in these commercials is actually "The Time (Dirty Bit)," a song by Black Eyed Peas that sampled/interpolated the original "(I've Had) The Time of My Life."

Believing that the Black Eyed Peas are a crime against music and a disgrace to good taste, I myself loathe this commercial. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 11:20pm

I'm sick of this commercial and this damned song.  I don't particularly like the original song (used in Sandals commercials, too), but this version really grates on my nerves.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OK!  Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

All done.  Now, I love it!

Thank you. Hug

Wacko

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 10:56pm

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's not nice.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:22pm
By the way, they frown on only wearing sandals. 

Who knew?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:12pm
^

That's 'cuz, somehow, those big vinyl geriatric/orthopedic tubs don't easily conjure up images of sweet, sweet lovin'.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:01pm
That, or maybe the older, fatter couples aren't allowed to bring their his & her's bathtubs to the beach.Wink 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:43pm

What's with all the young, thin, attractive couples?Confused

They probably use them as a come-on to get all the older, fatter, more normal people to sign up for a Sandals vacation.  All those older, fatter people think they're going to be seeing lotsa young, goodlooking stuff on those beaches, and then they won't have to look at their own spouses.  The problem is, of course, when they get there, they end up seeing all the older, fatter people who also went there to see the younger, better-looking people.

But I like how these commercials show the goodlooking couples doing fun, romantic things together (like running on the beach or dancing).  The women seem to be enjoying the moment, while the men seem to be playing along simply 'cuz they know they have to if they want to get laid.  Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Sorry, but that part cracked me up!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:34pm

They probably use them as a come-on to get all the older, fatter, more normal people to sign up for a Sandals vacation.  All those older, fatter people think they're going to be seeing lotsa young, goodlooking stuff on those beaches, and then they won't have to look at their own spouses.  The problem is, of course, when they get there, they end up seeing all the older, fatter people who also went there to see the younger, better-looking people.

But I like how these commercials show the goodlooking couples doing fun, romantic things together (like running on the beach or dancing).  The women seem to be enjoying the moment, while the men seem to be playing along simply 'cuz they know they have to if they want to get laid.  Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:22pm
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 8:10pm
I believe it. The AdTards possess a "magical power". They can take the dumbest/worst thing in the universe and somehow make it dumber and worse.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic