Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eggo Nutri-Grain Waffles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 1:02am
Forget Thor. Let's go make our own bun in the oven.

Edit: Or something. I'm running out of time and ideas. I'm trying to work out something about roosters and cats.

Bye!
"Today's Tom Sewer, you get by on him." - Tom Sawyer by Rush... sort of.
Sponsored Links

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Thor honey why hasn't someone snapped you up?? A man who can cook is a wonderful thing!Approve

Well, thanks, Big Momma.  When I moved out to the burbs, I figured I'd better learn how to do some cooking.  But there's not that much that I like to cook.  I prefer slop---jambalaya, spaghetti, baked ziti, chili, meatloaf and meatballs (sculpted slop), soup (liquid slop), burritos (wrapped slop), etc.  I don't cook steaks or fish, simply because I don't care much for that stuff.

I always thought that if I were to open a restaurant, I'd call the place "Slop".  Maybe "Sloppy Seconds".

eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Tom Sewer Tom Sewer wrote:

It's the kind of thing that people eat and then they wonder why they aren't losing weight.

No. Cod is right. Calories in vs. calories out. 2 Eggo waffles have less calories than a bowl of raisin brain with milk. So you can't say that just because Eggo's processed and junky that you couldn't lose weight on it.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

LOL

Hmmmm...looks pretty good.  My guess is it's chili.

Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

It's the kind of thing that people eat and then they wonder why they aren't losing weight.

No. Cod is right. Calories in vs. calories out. 2 Eggo waffles have less calories than a bowl of raisin brain with milk. So you can't say that just because Eggo's processed and junky that you couldn't lose weight on it.

Well, I wasn't talking about ONLY calories.

And Cod seems to think that donuts are healthy. I'd like to know what all of you would consider NOT healthy? Arsenic?
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:21pm
I never said donuts are heathly. I just said they aren't UNhealthy.

It's fried dough. Carbs, and fat, with protein dependant on the nature of the dough. Sounds good to me.

So long as there aren't any trans fats in there, there's really nothing about it that screams "UNHEALTHY" to me.

If it fits your macros, why not?

Unhealthy=something that negatively affects health. I truely fail to see how a simple indulgance by itself is such a massive negative affect on ones health. If they eat them all day every day, obviously, but how is a donut, in and of itself unhealthy?
Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:46pm
I think that we can all agree that moderation is key.

But Cadtaro, I'm still curious. Please name just one specific foodstuff or brand that you would consider unhealthy, or broad type of general food that you would consider unhealthy.

Example: Madeupvegetable is unhealthy, specifically the brand known as Madeupvegetablebrand.

I know that people online will often ask this type of question in order to flame another user, but I promise not even to comment on it, let alone argue about it. I'm just truly curious. I promise not to make fun or say anything at all. I promise to stay completely silent. You have my word.

You can tell by the serious expression in my avatar that I'm deadly serious.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:58pm
Peanuts/Peanut butter

Because I don't care for it. :P

Honestly, practically everything aside from macros affects your body on the micro level. IT'd take years, decades even, on constant, consistant consumption to bring on negative affects from something 'unhealthy' on a micro level.

I'd only consider something 'unhealthy' if it affects you on a high level, and even then, that typically only applies to people with digestion-based disorders, like Celiacs or Diabetes.
Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:23pm
Sucker! You fell for it! I was simply baiting you so that I could pick apart your reply and use it against you and call you all sorts of intelligence-based insults! Haw haw haw haw!

Cuz I'm a LIAR! I'LL TEAR YOUR MIND OUT!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:43pm
^

Henry Rollins creeps me out.

Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:48pm
I was sort of hoping that Codtaro was going to reply with "Thor's Sloppy Seconds" when I asked her what food she considers unhealthy.

Missed opportunity.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:49pm
Cod's a dude...
Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:59pm
Semantics.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 7:27pm
I'm not Jewish! There's not a semantic bone in my body!
I am not a city-born ignorant!

But I am a male, if that's what Mr. Hooters meant. :P
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 9:27pm
Do these waffles taste like Nutri-Grain bars if they do I HATE that taste!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 4:26am
Cadtaro, you're not just another pretty face. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 4:48am

But Myrna Loy is.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

But Myrna Loy is.

Tom Sewer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 4:35pm
That sure doesn't look like Myrna Loy in that picture. Oh well.

Usually, when a man "presents as female," he does something cliché like Madonna or Cher, so thank you for being a tad more original.

I guess that I'm presenting as female by having the doctor from the DWB ad as my picture... technically speaking.

I love Myrna Loy. She's aged so gracefully over the years...

And here's a picture where you can totally see her hoo-haw.

^

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:32pm
Actually, the lady in my avi is Jeanette MacDonald.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:37pm
When I was little and had been weaned, I wasn't given any sugar and was introduced first to non-starchy vegetables instead of fruits. I grew up liking most every vegetable and fruit, even the ones most kids hate like peas and broccoli/cauliflower.

I"m sick of this "healthy food is supposed to taste bad" crap! Much of a child's tastebuds are influenced by how he is brought up!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:40pm
I still hate cauliflower. Then again, I wasn't raised on it because my parents hate it as well.

You may be onto something!

I was also first introduced to broccoli with Velveeta when I was young. I didn't remember later and my mom kept telling me how much I used to love broccoli. Wasn't until I was a teenager she brought back the cheese. Oh. Yeah. I like this stuff now. Biiiiiig surprise.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:47pm
I never knew peas were 'yucky'....then again, I adore REAL licorice.

I never took to brocolli or cauliflower. Simply because it's very hard to prepare, and all too often, it was too firm to be enjoyable.

Mind you, being raised on 'healthy' foods had me spend the first 21 years of my life overweight.

Planning some weeks of a 500 deficit, and a majority of 1000 deficit (Possibly some PSMF, depending on how much I need to lose). Hopefully, by Jan. 17 (One year anniversary of starting working out.) I should be at least 12-10 percent body fat. Aiming for 8, but whatever.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

I still hate cauliflower. Then again, I wasn't raised on it because my parents hate it as well.

You may be onto something!

I was also first introduced to broccoli with Velveeta when I was young. I didn't remember later and my mom kept telling me how much I used to love broccoli. Wasn't until I was a teenager she brought back the cheese. Oh. Yeah. I like this stuff now. Biiiiiig surprise.
As a child i was convinced that I hated avocados. My Mother hated them. As a young adult I discovered that I loved avocados and still do! I also did not like broccoli as a child. My mother prefered it cooked to mush. When I finally tried properly cooked broccoli I loved it and still do. If there is a food you hated as a child I recomend giving it another try. You might be surprised.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 11:00pm
You have no idea how hard 8 is to maintain. I'm not a dude, obvs, but my friend's brother used to want to be a bodybuilder in high school. He was 7% body fat. Kid was ripped, it was ridiculous - but it was hard to maintain, even though he spent his life at the gym. Bodies don't want to be that slim, generally. 10-12 sounds much more reasonable to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic