Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huggies commercial with urinating baby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huggies commercial with urinating baby
    Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 8:32pm
Am I the only one who hates this commercial with the young, "hip"/honest, yuppie-ish dad who's changing his baby at some sort of party (in somebody's BEDROOM nonetheless -- I wouldn't let somebody else's nasty-ass baby anywhere NEAR my bedroom) and then the baby starts spraying urine everywhere -- sort of like an out of control garden hose. What a disgusting and annoying commercial.
Sponsored Links

mutebuttoner View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 8:44pm
You had to go and remind me of this offensive piece of trash, didn't ya. Cry

Huggies should team up with ShamWow, Tide, and Home Depot kid-proof paint for this one.

Kid's ready for the Kentucky Derby with a stream like that. Wacko
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 9:06pm
Any dad with any sense puts a diaper or cloth on the kid's wee-wee as soon as he undoes the dirty diaper.  That way if the kid sprays, it goes into the cloth. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 9:17pm
I'm so glad I covered my eyes for this one, gross. Dead
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 9:26pm
Hate it for the "hipster" father, and hate it for the explosive urination. Exaggeration is one thing, but what's the point here Huggies, shock value? You don't need to shock parents, they already seen it all. Working at the "R Us" I came across these stupid cup things called a "Wee Block" you put over your baby's ding dong when you change him. It costs more then a towel and does the same job, making it completely odd and pointless. Here's one just so you can see what it looks like:

The all have pee related names, my "favorite" from work was one that said "Tinkle Tinkle Little Star..." And at 12.95 you'd have to be really bored to spend your money on one.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 9:30pm
replace the J on the far left one with "C" and you get (well you know.)Wink

I'm so bad.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 9:48pm
I adore babies and would welcome one changed in any room of my house! Approve
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 10:28pm
Did it get him in the eye? That would have been hilarious.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 10:33pm
Surprised it wasn't blue. Babies in commercials pee blue.
cfif View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 1:54am
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

Babies pee is the same color as menustral blood?! Tongue
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 5:01am
Originally posted by cfif cfif wrote:

I wouldn't let somebody else's nasty-ass baby anywhere NEAR my bedroom)

Where would they change a diaper? Or isn't that allowed? Ermm
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I adore babies and would welcome one changed in any room of my house! Approve

You said it, Momma! 

Heart Babies of all kinds:  humans, puppies, kittens, any animal for that matter! Heart
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 7:52am

WHAT?!

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Hate it for the "hipster" father, and hate it for the explosive urination. Exaggeration is one thing, but what's the point here Huggies, shock value? You don't need to shock parents, they already seen it all. Working at the "R Us" I came across these stupid cup things called a "Wee Block" you put over your baby's ding dong when you change him. It costs more then a towel and does the same job, making it completely odd and pointless. Here's one just so you can see what it looks like:

The all have pee related names, my "favorite" from work was one that said "Tinkle Tinkle Little Star..." And at 12.95 you'd have to be really bored to spend your money on one.

Seems to me it would be easier to wash a towel.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 4:57pm
If I were changing a baby, and uranation was shooting out of it, I'd quickly throw a washrag over the "offending" part (the baby's urinator if male, the baby's urethral opening if female).
A baby's bladder can't be that large; a washrag should be more than sufficient to absorb all of the pee - whether it's yellow or blue. :/

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 5:28pm
Once again, I must prove that I am a doofus.  I laugh my ass off every time I see this one.  The facial expressions on Dad/Baby are like a Mastercard spot:  Priceless.

Me so ashamed.
Love endures all.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

WHAT?!

I thought the same thing at first, too, Faith. Then I thought something must have been really wrong with whatever baby they saw pee like that.ShockedLOL THEN I remembered that in commercials, baby pee and menstrual blood are all simulated by that stupid blue liquid. Hence being the same color...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by yutolia yutolia wrote:

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

WHAT?!

I thought the same thing at first, too, Faith. Then I thought something must have been really wrong with whatever baby they saw pee like that.ShockedLOL THEN I remembered that in commercials, baby pee and menstrual blood are all simulated by that stupid blue liquid. Hence being the same color...

Thank you, Yutolia.  Now it makes sense. 

cali2austin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali2austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 8:23pm
disgusting commercial 
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 11:34pm
OMG!  I just saw this one for the first time today.  Come on....could they exaggerate this just a little more?  Good gracious, I don't think a towel would stop this garden hose like spray...maybe a tarp?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic