Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OHHH!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OHHH!
    Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 8:55pm
Post things that it took you way too long to figure out.

EXAMPLE: I just figured out that the three birds from the first Pokemon games have little clues hidden in their names.

Articuno(Arctic/One)
Zapdos(Electricity/two)
Moltres(Molten/three)
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Sponsored Links

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 9:04pm
after the fifth or so time of watching "meet the fockers" i realized that jack was calling pam his "pamcake", not "pancake". as soon as i realized that, it suddenly made much more sense when she called him "flap-jack".
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 10:20pm
On MEATBALLS ll when the kid met the alien and said "me Ted" then asked his name, the alien repeated "me Ted".  The kid thought he said "Meathead" thus his new name for the summer.
was feeling nostalgic
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

EXAMPLE: I just figured out that the three birds from the first Pokemon games have little clues hidden in their names.

Articuno(Arctic/One)
Zapdos(Electricity/two)
Moltres(Molten/three)

LOLLOLLOL I figured that one out a while ago. Actually almost all the pokemon have little names like that

Charmander (char/fire and salamander)
Bulbasaur (he has a flower bulb on his back and dinosaur)
Squirtle (water squirting turtle)
and my favorites from back in the day...
Scyther (he has scythes on his hands)
Espeon (ESP because it's a psychic one)

I could go on and on but I think my inner nerd has spoken enough.

LOL
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 10:26pm
what about mewtwo?
was feeling nostalgic
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 12:25am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

what about mewtwo?

Well there was one named just "Mew", and I believe Mewtwo was either a clone or some sort of genetically engineered version of Mew, hence Mewtwo.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 1:35am
Don't make me shut this thread down!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 2:40am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

When I was in my 20's I finally figured out that 65 m.p.h. meant that when you drive 65 m.p.h. and you have about 65 miles left to go on your trip, you'll be there in about one hour.  What a shocker!  Shocked   I am 48.  So if I took time to post all the other things it took me way to long to (finally) figure out I'd never leave my computer!  But I do like being my age for the wisdom.   I just wish I had my 20's body and mind with it.  As Rita Rudner says in her new book:  I Still Have It.   I Just Can't Remember Where I PUT It!  Tongue
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Nautigal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 1:21am
When I saw the start of this post, I had these flashes of things come to me, and by the time I got to here, I had forgotten them already...which is typical of me. But I do remember one because it's very recent and was sent to me in email! This is one of those forehead-slapping "duh" moments for a lot of people. At the ends of a box of aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or wax paper, there are little punch-in holes which, when punched in, keep the rolls from falling out of the box when you tear the stuff off! They're on almost all of those things. I felt like an idiot when I got that email and went to check, and sure enough, there they were! I really think they should mention this in their advertising--it's a selling point!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 2:56am
For many years when I was a child, I'd see the phrase "Harmful or fatal if swallowed" as "Harmful or fattal if swallowed" - note the short "a" in the bold word.
I pronounced it like you would pronounce the word "cattle".

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 3:33am
It took me almost 30 years to figure out that one of the lines of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is "Where the dogs of society howl".
I didn't find it from a lyrics website, it came to me while hearing the song.
I was like, Oooh that's what he's saying.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 3:39am
I love that entire record from Elton John, I have "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" on vinyl and CD. There are so many songs out there that take me a while to figure out what the words are, then I just break down and look the lyrics up.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 4:34am
I mentioned this in another thread, but...
I discovered not too long ago that I could get rid of all the stuff at the top of my computer screen by hitting F11.  Hit it again and it comes back.  Makes a difference when you have a 17" monitor.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 4:50am
Took me several years to figure out Bruce Springsteen was singing "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out" & not "Tent Devil Will They Freak Out?"
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I discovered not too long ago that I could get rid of all the stuff at the top of my computer screen by hitting F11.  Hit it again and it comes back.  Makes a difference when you have a 17" monitor.

Thanks, Thor!!!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 9:06am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Thanks, Thor!!!

Cloud the cat likes to walk on the keyboard and perform this trick for me!  She's also been calling out for 'Help' lately (F1).

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 9:29am
MrsHill, I've been meaning to tell you that my cat Minnie just loves to watch your kitty run across the bottom of your posts! She used to try and attack it, but since she's a little older now, she'll just sit and move her head following it across the screen. LOL
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

MrsHill, I've been meaning to tell you that my cat Minnie just loves to watch your kitty run across the bottom of your posts! She used to try and attack it, but since she's a little older now, she'll just sit and move her head following it across the screen. LOL

LOLLOLLOL  I'm glad Minnie likes it!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic