Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JCP commercial... in a laundromat??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JCP commercial... in a laundromat??
    Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 12:15am
I'm trying to figure out what JCP was advertising besides the idea that you can find a loose woman at a laundromat. Seriously, who in the hell walks around a laundromat in their drawers? I admit I haven't exactly frequented these places, but the times I've been, everyone was thankfully fully clothed. And I don't care if you are a gorgeous hunk of man. I might think you're gorgeous but I'd also think you were one narcissistic S.O.B. if you thought you were cool enough to not wear pants in public. And that's not attractive.

Basically, I don't see what this has to do with JC Penney... at all? (This was running in my city without all the other stuff featured in this YouTube vid. Just the laundromat couple.)

Sponsored Links

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 1:23am
Yeah I do not understand this commercial neither. I am why?
dougmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 7:14am
Maybe they're advertising the fact that these people don't seem to have enough clothes so they can remain clothed at all times in public, so they need to go to JCP and buy some more!  It does seem like a commercial that has little to do with the company it's supposed to be advertising for.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 1:43pm
Considering the song, I guess they're all "getting ready".  The part I don't get is that they're all getting ready for something, but not necessarily school.  And considering this is supposed to be a back-to-school commercial...

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 9:12pm
Thought maybe it was the washer & dryers, but JCP doesn't sell appliances.

Anyone else notice the common color scheme throughout that commercial? Lime green....
PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 1:20am
How is this a back-to-school commercial?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 2:10am
Originally posted by PrincessMorbucks PrincessMorbucks wrote:

Maybe because at the end of the commercial the kids are going "back to school"? I also failed to see any underware in the commercial. The man and woman bump butts while pulling up their jeans which emplyes that they were in their underware. but it is not shown. If we want to go with our fantasies we could assume they were going Ranger/Special Forces style. No underware!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 2:14am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by PrincessMorbucks PrincessMorbucks wrote:

Maybe because at the end of the commercial the kids are going "back to school"? I also failed to see any underware in the commercial. The man and woman bump butts while pulling up their jeans which emplyes that they were in their underware. but it is not shown. If we want to go with our fantasies we could assume they were going Ranger/Special Forces style. No underware!

Yeah, looked more to me like they were going back to the dorm to study anatomy if you know what I mean...
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 3:16am
LOL
NuJerzeeGurl_87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuJerzeeGurl_87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 10:44pm
I have to admit the laundromat part is lost on me as well....oh so many questions there.
Also why do "back to school" commercials always feature happy dancing students?  My school days are long gone but I can not name one year when I was so happy about going back that I broke into song and dance about it.  Now the last day of school was a different story.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 3:57am
Yes the summer of 69 was great. going back to school for the senior year (not so great)!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic