Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's For Dinner?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 11:40pm
Moo Shoo Gai Glop-or-something.  No, I didn't eat it.  It had been in the freezer for over a year (it went into the mulch pile with a similarly aged bag of Broccoli Normandie.)
Instead, I made yaki soba....  Smile
Sponsored Links

orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:17pm
I'm using up some veg's from my farm share this week by making a cream of fennel and potato soup.  
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:40pm
It's a nice cool day for chili.Smile

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by orion70 orion70 wrote:

I'm using up some veg's from my farm share this week by making a cream of fennel and potato soup.  

That sounds good.  I've tried cooking fennel seed in things like tomato sauce, butter, olive oil...but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Same with anise seed.  So, now, when I want that flavor, I use anise extract.

orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:05pm
I used a whole bulb of fennel, and threw in a little tarragon.  I find the seeds work better in baking. 

Or alcohol, LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:40am
HeartWolfy Discount Looo-eerr-rve Date DinnerHeart
For a wonderfully cool, breezy evening... (or, "Homey Makin' Puppies TONIGHT!" )
  • Cover regular dinner plate with roughly 10 Ritz crackers
  • Add small slivers of Virgina-baked deli ham (Oscar Meyer)
  • Add SMALL dollop of Gulden's Mustard
  • Top off with small chunk of yellow, extra-sharp cheddar cheese
  • Microwave for 20 seconds, or until cheese *just* starts melting.
  • Give 5 pieces to MissyDWolf with a glass of Chablis.

(I've always not cared for that song unless I reaped the benefits...)Evil Smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:45pm
Shrimp & garlic linguini.  Won't be any vampires around tonight....  LOL
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:48pm
I had tuna and mac and cheese. It was really good mac and cheese even though it was frozen (Trader Joe's). I made cookies today so I also ate cookies. And a lemon turnover, also from Trader Joes.

Wait.

Just the tuna and mac and cheese was dinner, though.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:00am
CryTHE BLOOD PACK

No...that isn't 'What's for Dinner'...it is what just took my taste away.
I was cleaning the sink and realized I had not siposed of the meat packaging - the 'blood pack' looked me in the face and sait to me, "I'm COAGULATED! Whadda Ya think o'me NOW?!"
It was pretty gross and turned my stomach, a tad.
Gone now...and I'm tryin' to forget it.

~~~

Some may know we love to cook; we eat healthy, we eat well.
I generally make up my own recioes 'on the fly', cook everything from scratch.
I don't 'follow directions' - never been good at that. I invent my own.
We're Wolfies - sh*t happens. So do great dinners.

Tonight, while MissyDWolf is prowling for a bit, I'm creating the following:

1.) Beef short-ribs, cooked in PaW's own 'secret spices', rich black coffee, and beer..then BBQ'd (with a spicy garlic BBQ sauce)

2.) Fresh, buttered Spinach Fettuccine

3.) Steamed Brussel Sprouts in a lemon-butter cream sauce,

The Den has been steeped in the aroma of tonight's creation...dinner is almost ready

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:25am
I was lazy when I came home from work tonight so I just threw something in the microwave.  I am now however, enjoying some wine  (The Grinder) and some awesome aged espresso rubbed cheese that I can't remember the name of because I got it at a farmer's market.  So good. 

I did make a cheesecake last night though. For us Canadians it's turkey weekend.  So it was a pumpkin cheesecake. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:58am
Originally posted by orion70 orion70 wrote:

I was lazy when I came home from work tonight so I just threw something in the microwave.  I am now however, enjoying some wine  (The Grinder) and some awesome aged espresso rubbed cheese that I can't remember the name of because I got it at a farmer's market.  So good. 

I did make a cheesecake last night though. For us Canadians it's turkey weekend.  So it was a pumpkin cheesecake. 
WinkBig smileYou have my mouth watering, my friend! Over east where YOU live, there are incredible foods - literally 'piggy heaven'...that is actually part of the reason MissyDWolf & bad'ol Self have your area on our radar screen for a short vacation, quite soon...then we'll head up to Quebec City.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 3:05am
Tonight we had Cheese dogs and mac and cheese. Tomorrow I am thinking about making my Pasta. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 3:50am
Originally posted by JimAyzing JimAyzing wrote:

Tonight we had Cheese dogs and mac and cheese. Tomorrow I am thinking about making my Pasta. 

I made sauce earlier this week, and had pasta (rotelle, specifically, as I'd made a meat sauce and you generally don't use spaghetti with any sort of chunky sauce).  Then I had leftovers.  That's my allotment for the week.  But I made lots of sauce, and it's kinda beckoning me to make more rotelle to go with it.  But nope.  Not until next week.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:24pm
I have enough ground beef that has been thawing in the fridge to make a couple burgers or roll into meatballs. It will be one of those.
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:42pm
I have been cooking up a storm all day for tomorrow, and also made some salsa just because. 

But supper is a pumpkin pizza with goat cheese, spinach and another one of those cheeses from the farmer's market that I can't remember the name of.  Plus a pot of spicy black bean soup. 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 4:11am
Made my first attempt at shrimp creole.  Eh, edible.  I'll have to add more stuff to the leftover sauce to salvage it....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 5:31am
Dollar Tree chicken strips (2 bags of 8), Dollar Tree tater tots, Dollar Tree Buffalo wing sauce & Dollar Tree ranch dressing.

Baked chicken strips & tater tots nice & crispy.

Dipped chicken strips in buffalo sauce & tater tots in ranch dressing (& vice versa once or twice).

Chased with Publix cola.

Goooooooooood. Tongue

Ate while watching Sat nite Britcoms on PBS ("Waiting For God").

<--- good wing sauce. Dollar Tree. $1.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 1:49pm
Tonight we're having a Columbus day feast! Made a huge pot of sauce on Saturday(or gravy - let's not argue!) with meatballs AND sausage. Got some stuffed shells! Big salad with strips of parmesean cheese and orange infused olive oil. Maybe some broccoli on the side. Holy moly, it isn't even 9:00 AM and I'm craving!
Oh, also made a pear and fig tart for dessert.

COME ON OVER EVERYONE!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 2:05pm
"Yum Yum"!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Tonight we're having a Columbus day feast! Made a huge pot of sauce on Saturday(or gravy - let's not argue!) with meatballs AND sausage. Got some stuffed shells! Big salad with strips of parmesean cheese and orange infused olive oil. Maybe some broccoli on the side. Holy moly, it isn't even 9:00 AM and I'm craving!
Oh, also made a pear and fig tart for dessert.

COME ON OVER EVERYONE!

Mmmmmm...sounds great!

"Orange-infused olive oil", huh?  I add a few drops of anise extract to my sauce.  Once, I grabbed the orange extract by accident, and nearly put it in the sauce.  I wondered how that would've tasted.  One of these days, I'm gonna have to try it.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 3:00pm

I went to a Farmer's Market a few weeks ago and one of the vendors had about a dozen different infused olive oils - one of them being "Blood orange" - it was out of this world but we opted for 2 other flavors.  This past Saturday, we went to a Garlic Festival and someone had all these infused oils so I grabbed the "Valencia orange". not as good as the Blood Orange, but still very good. I drizzle that on salad greens. What a bright, outstanding flavor!

Good God, I sound like I'm on Food Network!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I went to a Farmer's Market a few weeks ago and one of the vendors had about a dozen different infused olive oils - one of them being "Blood orange" - it was out of this world but we opted for 2 other flavors.  This past Saturday, we went to a Garlic Festival and someone had all these infused oils so I grabbed the "Valencia orange". not as good as the Blood Orange, but still very good. I drizzle that on salad greens. What a bright, outstanding flavor!

Good God, I sound like I'm on Food Network!

Last time I was at the Jersey shore (in Long Branch), I noticed there was a boutique-y kinda store there dedicated to olive oil.

It was in some new shopping/dining area right at the beach.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 11:29pm
I make my own soup from time to time but I really enjoy the frozen Bertolli soups for 2. I made the tomato Florentine with cheese tortellini and chicken one with a loaf of crusty french bread. Hits the spot so good on the chilliest day we've had in a while.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 4:06am
Sometimes you feel like waffles, and that was tonight.  Wouldn't recommend canned fruit cocktail as a topping though;  It has just one flavor instead of many....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 4:38am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Sometimes you feel like waffles, and that was tonight.  Wouldn't recommend canned fruit cocktail as a topping though;  It has just one flavor instead of many....
Ouch(Wolfette fell asleep early, so I decided to let her rest and handle this as a 'Man Night') Yea...I just had the same kind of night...Vienna Sausages slathered in hot sauce and a fe Molson's Ices. Didn't add the pineapple topping to either.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic