Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's For Dinner?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 3:30pm

We possibly had dinner at brunch.

Whipped up a fluffy omlet stuffed with leftover shredded chicken, extra sharp cheddar, onion and tomato. Served with toast, coffee, vitamins.

We're in pain.
I barely got to my chair; from the sound of it, I'm pretty sure my baby sea lion is trapped in 'The Den'. Think I'll sling a noose around her neck and take her for a drag, then leave her to make noises outside. If she gets too bothersome, I'll grab my bat.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 10:52pm
Would have had ravioli tonight, but I looked in the pantry and saw "Oh crap! 4 boxes of spaghetti!"
So, I had some of that....  LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:00pm
Baby backs on the grill, zucchini salad, and home made creamed corn.  Washed down with a little Merlot.  
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:14pm
Reckon I'll fire up the ole George Foreman grill(been raining all day) and make some grilled cheese sandwiches. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:52pm
Gonna have some Knorr Cheddar Broccoli rice...
...with some sautéed ham cubes, & some peppers & onions mixed in. Toasted onion rolls on the side. Iced tea with a little frozen apple juice concentrate mixed in to flavor it up.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:54pm

pork chops pounded with garlic, salt, and pepper, then seated on a bed of onions, with another bed of onions on top. Cooked for 45 minutes as 450s, then drained into a bow, chops sat back in panand smothered in BBQ sauce. Cook another five (5) minutes.

Rice cooked in the pork chop drippings for 15 minutes, then slapped on a plate; drop the nw-cooked chops on top

Add fresh, ice-cold veggie salad and giant glass of water, more vitamins.

Enjoy! 'Pig-Out'!

Become a baby seal and hope nobody takes a baseball bat to you.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 5:01am

Perfect Rice

1 3/4 cups water to 1 cup rice

Bring water to boil, then set temp to 'low'

Add rice, then cover pot

Let simmer for 50 minutes (do not take lid off of pot)

You can also mix brown and white rice in the same pot to cook.  Makes a interesting texture....
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:42am
Ugh.  Finished off the last of a box of Mrs. Paul's greasy fish fillets.  6 hours later and I'm still burping up them up, so I won't buy that carp anymore....  LOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 3:04pm
In an attempt to warm up some turkey cutlets in gravy, we "forgot" about them in the microwave until they turned into freaking turkey jerky. My jaws ached for an hour! But heck, they were still good!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 3:16pm
I went for Korean food with a bunch of friends for my best friend's birthday weekend. We all ordered the same thing (dukbokki) and this one girl ordered a tuna roll that was orgasmic amount of amazing. I choked on a rice cake laughing when the only other English-speaking people in the restaurant started shouting across the restaurant about how Koreans hate odd numbers of tables and this time he went to a restaurant where the tables were shaped like pentagons, and "THANK GOD KATHY ISN'T HERE." Then my friends told me I shouldn't tip our waiter in change, so I very deliberately switched out the money and when I finally figured it out the waiter started clapping. Math skills.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 11:13pm
I once had to write "happy birthday" (or something similar) in Korean on a birthday cake.  I joked with the person who wanted it done that "I hope I did these symbols right and didn't accidently  change it to something dirty."  He got a good laugh out of that one.... 

Tonight, leftovers.  Tomorrow, homemade danish pastry for dessert....  Big smile
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I once had to write "happy birthday" (or something similar) in Korean on a birthday cake.  I joked with the person who wanted it done that "I hope I did these symbols right and didn't accidently  change it to something dirty."  He got a good laugh out of that one.... 

Tonight, leftovers.  Tomorrow, homemade danish pastry for dessert....  Big smile
That's awesome. At least it was Korean and not Chinese. Then you could have really f'd it up. LOL

I want some pastry. Tonight I had a really good roast beef sandwich. I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Dairy Queen now.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 11:26pm
Tonight, homemade lobster rolls...we'll see...
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 11:06pm
Green beans and a chicken-something-or-other was just an excuse for dessert.
Mmmm, fresh blackberry, apricot, & raspberry pastries.  Haven't ever had anything made commercially that was as flaky as these turned out.  (Next time I'll make'm with butter.  Big smile)
They were a bitch to make, but they were worth it.... Hug
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Tonight, homemade lobster rolls...we'll see...

What's that?
I have some weiners to cook after awhile, Nathans(not that Nathan) I believe.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 11:54pm
Lobster rolls were very good.  We used fake lobster as the fish store wanted $37.00/lb for the real stuff.  Oh, to live in Maine..

Tonight, one of my favorite comfort dinners...sauerkraut, bratwurst, and mashed potatoes...with some Yeungling Oktoberfest.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 11:38pm
Tonight, had a big ol' plate o' Disaster.  Was grilling some Italian sausage, when partway through flames started coming from under the grill.  Took a look and saw "Oh, the grill controls are on fire."  But, George Foreman came to the rescue, so I still had Italian sausage smothered in peppers & onions as planned. Smile  Also added another thing to the 'fix it' list....  Ouch
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 11:56pm
Oh my god hahahaha that sucks! At least your dinner didn't burn...?

I had cereal! This is my dinner at least four nights a week.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 12:36am
We had "Brinner" at about 11 A.M....one each dark meat chicken breast, marinated and cooked for hours on end, along with a  homemade veggie stew. Was fall-off-the-bone wonderful and just filling enough.
Had about a gallon of water, since.
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 12:40am
You're not hungry? I'd be starved by now.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:40pm
Had a Mr Submarine steak & cheese sub awhile ago.
Still full.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 11:13pm

Gallon of water and about 5 potato chips.

MissyDWolf is making Hamburger Helper and veggies...I'll probably eat a few veggies, but won't eat too much because I think we are going to go see the new 'BatCritter' movie, tonight (we've had tickets to go see it since BratWolf was here, but never went).

I'm tired, sunburned, and de-ticking - had a LONG marsh-river bike ride, today, got another at about 7 A.M., after we get back from our now daily 5:30 A.M. 'Falls Walk'. When in this mode, I don't like eating starchy foods or drinking anything other than water or green tea with honey. Even the Moson's Ice is going stale.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 11:41pm
Pa, I know you are in cardio shape...but with all the water you drink, hope you've been checked for diabetes.  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 11:51pm
Gotta check myself regularly, Hooty - all related to weight.
With some recent projects, I ended up on my tail enough to gain almost 40 pounds which scared the heck out of me - and now I've dropped half of it.
Water also supplants hunger in a good way. Sometimes people believe they are hungry, doncha know - and they don't need it. YOU, of all people, know we eat 'smaller portions', as metabolism slows as the days go by....so it is even that much more important to remain cognizant of diet. 
I want to get back to 'running shape' in an appropriate, healthy time - sworn to break out a bit whenever I can now, and it is working as always has. 
I just do not tend to carry water with me on my rides, which really is a very, very bad habit (MissyD even calls to try and bring me some, now and then, but why? I'm fine - I just never know how long my ride might be, plus, half the time she couldn't get to me if she wanted).
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 11:54pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic