Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taco Bell Cantina Bowl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell Cantina Bowl
    Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 2:55am
So the folks over at Taco Bell want to change their image from sh** food to quality food.  So they bring in an attractive, fancy looking 'chef' to show us how it's done.  That green chef's costume looks pretty cool.  No doubt they utilized that for color to make their "citrus herb chicken" look more appealing.  Hey Taco Bell, contrary to popular belief, not every consumer in America is a dumba**.  Admit that your "citrus herb chicken" is shipped to Taco Bell stores in plastic bags loaded with preservatives and countless other chemicals.  And then they have the amateur chef with the Kramer-do (not that Kramer isn't awesome) watching her cook as if she's some culinary bada**.  I like how she wields the cilantro like it's going out of style.  Bottom line, anybody with a brain knows that at the end of the day, Taco Bell is sh** food.  And nothing is gonna change that.  I will pay $3 more and go to Chipotle or Qdoba.

Sponsored Links

YallahCeltics34 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YallahCeltics34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:34am

Hate Taco Bell, hate the commercial..

And I also hate the way she points to the guacamole.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:03pm
When I see these commercials the first thing that comes to mind is to NEVER trust a woman named Lorena who's holding a knife.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

When I see these commercials the first thing that comes to mind is to NEVER trust a woman named Lorena who's holding a knife.

LOL

Good catch!  She does seem kinda crazed with that knife.  Makes you wonder what exactly those things on the grill are, in that screen capture above.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:29pm
I hate all this nonsense nowadays where fast food joints try to come up with a "gourmet" line of food.

There was McDonald's "Bistro", Wendy's "Black Label" (is that even still around?), I think BK had some kind of "fancy" line of burgers for awhile, too.

And in the ads, they always show these "professional chefs" in a real kitchen, chopping up fresh ingredients (didja see how they actually showed the cilantro still growing in a ceramic pot??????), gently & carefully arranging the food & wiping the spillover off the edge of the bowl, totally unrealistic of what you really see when you go into a real Taco Bell....

Teenagers taking frozen food out of cardboard boxes & plastic bags, slopping it on a tortilla & wrapping it up with no regard whatsoever as to how it looks.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hate all this nonsense nowadays where fast food joints try to come up with a "gourmet" line of food.

There was McDonald's "Bistro", Wendy's "Black Label" (is that even still around?), I think BK had some kind of "fancy" line of burgers for awhile, too.

Some people eat fast food all the time.  Their frame of reference for food is so limited that, to them, these "gourmet" lines of fast food actually are gourmet.  

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:49pm
A lot of the fast food they sell nowadays is barely even "food".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

A lot of the fast food they sell nowadays is barely even "food".

It's more like fried matter.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 5:05pm
Dipped in batter.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:23pm
Ugh another commercial where fast food is saying they aren't fast food. GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Ugh another commercial where Fast food is saying they aren't fast food. GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!Angry

Yeah I hate how they try to act like there's some award winning gourmet chef in every kitchen of every one of their restaurants in the country. 
Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 10:41pm
Yes,it barely qualifies as food. Fake food by a fake chef, and then they have nerve to say it is gourmet. Ever read the Emporer's New Clothes?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:05am
^
Like putting lipstick en un pollo.

EventHorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EventHorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 2:15am
Originally posted by YallahCeltics34 YallahCeltics34 wrote:

And I also hate the way she points to the guacamole.

I thought for sure I would be the only person in the world annoyed by that but I'm glad to see I'm not. I have no idea why that gesture is so annoying, it just is.
zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 2:21am
Guac gesture is annoying, agreed.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 2:55am
It would take at least four of those stupid little bowls to even come close to filling me up.

I could easily eat six or eight.

As longas they were free or someone else was buying.

I bet they're like four or five bucks a pop.

I'll stick to the $1.29 five layer burritos.

I'm sure they'll be $1.59 a year from now.... $1.89 in two.

C'mon, man!
lancer8869 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:47am
Just to clarify, Lorena Garcia IS a real chef and has a tv show in California if I'm not mistake. Also, the burrito is about 10 steps up from normal taco bell. Imagine if Chipotle had a value menu. Better than taco bell, not as good as chipotle. I know that I was genuinely shocked at how good it was compared to the expectations I had for it.
lancer8869 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:49am
http://www.cheflorenagarcia.com/page/biography

Sorry, I'm on a cell phone
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:19pm
I hate her accent. I don't care if it sounds racist but I can't stand thick accents, especially in ads. "weel seeh ahbutt dat"....and then she rips cilantro out of a pot and chops it up? Give me a f**king break.

I actually like these burritos. Sure they aren't Chipotle good, but I can get a burrito, chips, dip, and a drink for the price of a single Chipotle burrito. Plus the whole drive through aspect makes it convenient. They aren't trying to take over Chipotle because that will never happen. They're just offering a cheap alternative. Kind of like generic brands or knock offs.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:31pm
^

Chipotle's OK if that's all that's around.  But, without refried beans, their burritos just fall apart.  Plus, they've gotten skimpy on the meat over the past few years.  Still, none of this stopped me from using a 2-for-1 coupon there not too long ago.  I got 2 big ol' fajitas (burritos with peppers and onions) for about $6 or $7.

zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 2:59pm

Angry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by zfiles zfiles wrote:

Lancer8869 I don't give a sh** if Lorena is a real chef or not.  Fact is, she sucks, and that commercial sucks, and Taco Bell is sh** food whether you want to admit it or not.  And are you paid by Taco Bell to come on here and say "I was genuinely shocked at how good it was compared to the expectations I had for it"? 

Believe it or not, there are people who actually like some of the products advertised on TV, even if the commercials are dumb. Myself included. I eat at Taco Bell occasionally & I find their food to be of decent quality. Certainly not gourmet, but then again, I'm not a gourmet either. I would probably enjoy one of those Cantina Bowls myself if I wasn't so reluctant to pay what they ask for them.

And honestly, how good or bad something like a certain brand of food is, is a matter of opinion, so for you to stomp around here declaring that "Taco Bell is sh** food whether you want to admit it or not." is pretty thick-headed.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion & yours is no better than Lancer8869's.

Now go have a burrito & relax.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^

Chipotle's OK if that's all that's around.  But, without refried beans, their burritos just fall apart.  Plus, they've gotten skimpy on the meat over the past few years.  Still, none of this stopped me from using a 2-for-1 coupon there not too long ago.  I got 2 big ol' fajitas (burritos with peppers and onions) for about $6 or $7.

That's the only way I've ever eaten at Cipotle's too. When they first opened their location near me, they were sending out either 2-for-1 or half price coupons. I just remember going there twice & getting these burritos that looked like a brick wrapped in foil.

C'mon, man!
zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 4:08pm
Thor, "taco bell is sh** food" is an opinion.  How am I thickheaded to express that opinion?  And to be honest, I had some Taco Bell the other day, but not the Cantina Bowl.  Not because of the commercial, but because I felt like having a few Locos Tacos.  Nevertheless, that commercial is annoying as sh**.  And my thickheaded post/rant was to illustrate that opinion. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 4:10pm
They're practically the weight of a brick, too.

Some friends and I once had a race to see who could eat one of those big fat taqueria burritos the fastest.  I forget who won, but I'm pretty sure I can eat one in about 3 minutes.  Classy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic