Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Wendy's Chick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 3:27am
Originally posted by dougmedia dougmedia wrote:

I think she's annoying just for saying the word "baconator", it's a stupid name for a burger.  Why not just call it the usual double bacon cheeseburger or whatever, they're all the same anyway!  

Actually depending on how you look at it, Rally's "baconzilla" might win for "stupidest burger name".
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 3:32am
"Bacon-strosity" maybe?

"Bacon-flagration"????

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

The burger you get NEVER looks like the one in the menu photo!  Well it sort of does if someone had sat on it first before throwing it in the box. LOL

That's what made this part of the Whammy Burger scene in Falling Down so funny:

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I've dated a couple really perky women, and I think that's probably why I find this one so alluring: they could be very annoying most of the time, but were awesome in bed.

True dat. Big smile

They bring a certain "enthusiasm" to the whole affair. Wink

Can I get an amen, brotha?!?! Clap  We have a witness LOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by dougmedia dougmedia wrote:

I think she's annoying just for saying the word "baconator", it's a stupid name for a burger.  Why not just call it the usual double bacon cheeseburger or whatever, they're all the same anyway!  

Actually depending on how you look at it, Rally's "baconzilla" might win for "stupidest burger name".

That's really damn bad. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:20am
Yes! The Fourple bypass burger!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Brad View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 2:46am
Just saw another one of these commercials.  I don't like to advocate violence against anyone, but since she is a fictional character, I can say - "Man, I just want to smack her!"
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 11:31am
Her hair looks real natural, you know, black eyebrows and all.

And I'm with Hezadancer. She's really not hot enough to get away with being that annoying, but there's that whole mystique with redheads where even the most average looking ones are exaggerated for being gorgeous. She's cute at best.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 4:54pm
Now THAT'S.......better!  *drink from shake or do some sort of nodding head movement that appears to demonstrate some sort of finality* *five-note piano jingle*  Thumbs Down
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Brad Brad wrote:

Just saw another one of these commercials.  I don't like to advocate violence against anyone, but since she is a fictional character, I can say - "Man, I just want to smack her!"

Is it the movie one where the fraudulent twit suggests a spicy thriller with a twist or some stupid bullsh*t like that?  They seem to want to air that one around here more often than her previous abominations.

mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 12:39am
Her hair looks a lot more orange than red in the latest version.
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 1:22am
You're right. The new commercial is stupid, too. Why are they all telling each other the endings of the movies? Isn't that the point of watching them?
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 2:18pm
Ok this new ad is terrible. They're settling in to watch a movie and she decides to demand to go to Wendy's? Trust me, whenever a group of people around my age gets together like that in the middle of the day, we eat FIRST. Spicy thriller, twist? What? It ends with you driving us to Wendy's? Seriously, no one would be friends with her. She's like that friend who just got into Avon or whatever other "party" having company in order to sell sh*t. It gets old fast. If you want Wendy's go get it yourself. Stop trying to pander to my generation because it's not working.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Ok this new ad is terrible. They're settling in to watch a movie and she decides to demand to go to Wendy's? Trust me, whenever a group of people around my age gets together like that in the middle of the day, we eat FIRST. 

For real. Every party I've been to, people either ate first, MET at a restaurant or whatnot, ate, then went on to the party itself, had pizza delivered TO the party, or people brought(or occasionally the host provided) chips, dips, and similar snack items. Not ONCE did someone decide mid party that we should all go get food(though there was a time or two where someone at the party said something like "Man I'm getting hungry, I'm gonna run to McDonalds/Whataburger/whatever anyone want me to get them anything?")
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by mst3k4evr mst3k4evr wrote:

I noticed that also. She could be Mrs. Carrot top.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:34pm
I don't really mind her that much. In fact in the commercial the dude spoiling the movies just comes across as an elitist hipster douchebag. It's like he thinks he's above everybody else and everyone must bow to him and his superior taste in movies.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 11:29pm
Maybe that's why she suggested everybody go to Wendy's:  The party sucked and it gave everybody an excuse to bail....  LOL
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 2:42am
I think that she is really attractive.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 2:47am
She doesn't bother me in the least.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:09am
I'd do her.

Then take her to Wendy's afterward.

But I'd only get her stuff of the 99 cent Value Menu.

Wouldn't want her to get a big head.

Well...... ANOTHER big head.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:17am

Wouldn't want her to get a big head.

Well...... ANOTHER big head.

What would be the first one?  From what Donathan's told me, you couldn't fill his nostril.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:18am

Originally posted by mst3k4evr mst3k4evr wrote:

I was just about to say eactly that - a LOT more.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:28am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

What would be the first one?  From what Donathan's told me, you couldn't fill his nostril.

He was just just stroking your... ego.

Among other things.

He would've told you anything to keep your "mood up".

C'mon, man!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:41am

Among other things.

Was he trying to name himself Dongathan, and just mistyped?  LOL  Sure as hell seems like it. 

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 2:05pm

Among other things.

So, you were able to fill his nostril?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic