Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Wendy's Chick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngryChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Wendy's Chick
    Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 12:47pm
I'm new here and I'm not sure if there's a topic on this already, but I noticed today while watching TV that the girl in the Wendy's commercials annoys me.

Does anyone know the commercial where this guy is at a yard sale and he is thinking about buying a recliner chair when the girl suggests a baconator to go with it? I think that is utterly ridiculous. I mean, I liked her at first but now she is just annoying. Angry
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 3:32pm
zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:32pm
I find the commercial annoying but she is hot...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by zfiles zfiles wrote:

I find the commercial annoying but she is hot...

There's nothing wrong with her that a little 'attention' won't cure.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 9:50pm
What happened to Dave's daughter, Wendy?

Replaced by a slimmer, better looking daughter?Wink
She must have had her hair cut at JC Penny.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 9:51pm
Dead
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 10:13pm
She kinda looks like Rosie O'Donnell..
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 11:15pm
WTF did they do to the Wendy's logo? It looks butt ugly! What was wrong with this:

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
AngryChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngryChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 11:40pm
Wait, they changed the Wendy's logo?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 1:04am
Originally posted by AngryChick AngryChick wrote:

Wait, they changed the Wendy's logo?

Yes a slight difference you can see it if you pause on the 0:27 mark

they got rid off the hump surrounding the Wendy icon opened up the space and made the circle with the Wendy icon overlap the rectangle. 

I guess it was an attempt to make things look simpler but ended up looking awkward. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
violetfade View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote violetfade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:35am
"Feet up, game on, face deep in a Baconator!"

I feel physically ill whenever it gets to that part of the ad. Her whole delivery of that line is the worst!
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:44am
Yeah, she annoys the crap out of me, but MAN, she's hot.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 2:17am
Her red hair got her the job. Wendy's is upgrading the original Wendy from the Pippi Longstocking look to hot skinny redhead who appears in contradicting commercials.
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 2:48am
I don't think that's true. The Wendy's girl is obviously a fake redhead. They probably just chose her because she can pull off red hair, and she's attractive. She's really obnoxious, though. Not her fault, they should just write the character less stupidly.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 5:18am
Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

I don't think that's true. The Wendy's girl is obviously a fake redhead. They probably just chose her because she can pull off red hair, and she's attractive. She's really obnoxious, though. Not her fault, they should just write the character less stupidly.

When she says, "Livin' large, m'friend," it annoyed the sh*t out of me until I put it in a sexual context.  I would [make love] the obnoxious outta her Wink
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 5:28am
Around here they show the commercial with the scrawny one first, then show the commercial with the "real wendy", immediately afterward!  It's odd to say the least.  But i must agree she is very cute.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 5:28pm
But she's not attractive, she's average on purpose. Also she has rabbit teeth.

Why the f**k does she just show up places and tell people their decisions are terrible and they need to go to Wendy's? That wasn't even her yard sale! BITCH MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 7:20pm
Wendy ate too many of her dad's burgers she got FAT and a cheap haircut don't help
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 10:08pm
They never actually say that the red-haired young woman IS Wendy, but I guess it's sort of implied.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 10:26pm
Dave's grand daughter with dark roots?Wink
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

What happened to Dave's daughter, Wendy?

Replaced by a slimmer, better looking daughter?Wink
She must have had her hair cut at JC Penny.
Genuine Wendy has only semi red hair which looks like it has been cut with hedge clippers. Is the "heiress" a scrooge who will not spend a dime of her millions?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

But she's not attractive, she's average on purpose. Also she has rabbit teeth.

Why the f**k does she just show up places and tell people their decisions are terrible and they need to go to Wendy's? That wasn't even her yard sale! BITCH MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Anytime someone wants to be fat and lazy, *POOF* appears Reasonable Facsimile "Wendy!"

"Don't forget to bring a Baconator!  Whenever you are being a lazy assh*le you should always bring your own Baconator" (I imagined this part in Towelie's voice from South Park).

Livin' large, m'friend, indeed.  Both literally and figuratively.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

zfiles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:05pm
I will never understand the appeal of anything larger than a double hamburger.  You can't even bite into it. 
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 1:14am
So you do not want to eat a 5 layer hamburger? You cannot stretch your mouth like a snake?
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

When she says, "Livin' large, m'friend," it annoyed the sh*t out of me until I put it in a sexual context.  I would [make love] the obnoxious outta her Wink

An entire NFL team could run a train on the annoying nosy bitch and it still wouldn't be enough to bang all the obnoxious out of her.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic