Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Ramen noodle every night" budget - Allstate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Ramen noodle every night" budget - Allstate
    Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 8:21pm
This commercial starts out with, "[Girl's name] is just starting out and on a budget, like a ramen noodle every night budget..."
Cut to the girl driving a brand new car in pristine condition, while putting on her expensive looking sunglasses, with perfectly styled hair, makeup, and tons of jewelry. Really? I've seen people on ramen noodle budgets and they do NOT look anything like that. If this is the face of poverty to Allstate, then they clearly do not need my money. Plus they are about twice as expensive as the company I use now!

This commercial drives me insane because the company is just so dang out of touch!
Sponsored Links

jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 10:38pm
I've thought the same thing. Also, I wish that girl would stop dancing around in her seat while checking herself out in the mirror and pay attention to where the hell she's going. 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 2:18am
Thanks for posting that.  It has driven me nuts ever since that damn commercial began a few years ago.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 2:21am
I would stop giggling and playing with her sunglasses and pay attention to the damn road if I was her.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 3:46am
I thought she was  "dancing" and "preening" while still parked, before pulling out of the space.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 3:56am

I found it she doesn't look in the mirror so I'm going have to change my statement.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 4:01am
SleepyConfused...I'm thinkin' she was looking in the mirror.

Here's yet another thread - Yutolia originally cranked up 'Lil'Miss Sunshine'

Direct Link To This Post  <<<---clicky
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 4:13am
sunavabeetch!

That's the 2nd time we made a thread that already existed.Angry

When THE Censored will we learn

*bangs head repeatedly on table*
Adgie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 7:55am
I searched for it but nothing came up, sorry if it's a repost!
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 10:43am
This commercial bothers me.

Sounds like (Girl Name) needs to sort out her priorities, or those Ramen noodles she's eating every night she's eating it voluntarily.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 3:20pm
No biggie on the 'new thread'; I just knew we had been discussing this one for almost a year.
The fun part about our 'search engine'? If you search by topic with 'RAMEN', over all periods, I think you'll get two hits. If you search the body of the posts over the same period, you'll find tons more.
~~~
ConfusedAll the same...no matter what, I can just not see Dennis Haysbert as the 'Allstate Spokesman'; he will always just remain 'President Palmer' (from '24'). 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Adgie Adgie wrote:

This commercial starts out with, "[Girl's name] is just starting out and on a budget, like a ramen noodle every night budget..."
Cut to the girl driving a brand new car in pristine condition, while putting on her expensive looking sunglasses, with perfectly styled hair, makeup, and tons of jewelry. Really? I've seen people on ramen noodle budgets and they do NOT look anything like that. If this is the face of poverty to Allstate, then they clearly do not need my money. Plus they are about twice as expensive as the company I use now!

This commercial drives me insane because the company is just so dang out of touch!

I used to have homeowners insurance with Allstate & after the 2004 hurricane season, they unceremoniously dumped thousands of loyal customers here in Florida.

I wouldn't piss down Allstate's throat if it's guts were on fire.

Re: the chick... yes, her preening certainly is annoying & the whole brand new car/sunglasses/makeup thing certainly exposes their lack of consideration of realism, but ya gotta admit.... she is amazingly CUUUUUUTE!!!! TongueTongueTongue (pant pant pant!!!!!)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

All the same...no matter what, I can just not see Dennis Haysbert as the 'Allstate Spokesman'; he will always just remain 'President Palmer' (from '24'). 

Naaaahhhhh..... Sgt. Major Jonas Blane from The Unit.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

All the same...no matter what, I can just not see Dennis Haysbert as the 'Allstate Spokesman'; he will always just remain 'President Palmer' (from '24'). 

Naaaahhhhh..... Sgt. Major Jonas Blane from The Unit.

That was a good show why did they cancel it???Confused
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 10:40pm
Down with the ramen noodle budget. Hate it.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 2:10am
I think Dennis Haysbert wants to be seen a the spokesman for Allstate.

He acts that way.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 2:16am
They probably pay him a sh*t load of money.

And he probably only works a total of about one month a year for it, too.

Damn right he wants to be seen as Allstate's spokesman.

Who wouldn't???

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 4:15am
Quote "[Girl's name] is just starting out and on a budget, like a ramen noodle every night budget..."

And some nights she'll grab a handful of fast food ketchup packets and make spaghetti...!  LOL

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 4:18am
I believe her name is Emily I've seen the commercial enough times to know that. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 4:26am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote "[Girl's name] is just starting out and on a budget, like a ramen noodle every night budget..."

And some nights she'll grab a handful of fast food ketchup packets and make spaghetti...!  LOL

Hey, don't laugh, I've done something similar many, many tmes.

But I used actual pasta sauce like Prego or Ragu.

It's quite good, actually.

I call it Ramenghetti.

Of course.

C'mon, man!
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:07am
Ramen noodles every night? You do know there are people of her generation that know how to cook inexpensive meals? Don't they ever make commercials that don't behave like an asshole anymore?  Dennis, shut up, please! 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

Ramen noodles every night? You do know there are people of her generation that know how to cook inexpensive meals? Don't they ever make commercials that don't behave like an asshole anymore?  Dennis, shut up, please! 

Wink'Ramen Noodles' = 'Prison Potato Chips'.
Crush the unopened bag, open one end, pullout flavor packet. Empty flavor packet into bag of crushed noodles, close bag and shake vigorously. Open bag and serve (makes one serving, unless it is 'Date Night' with your cellmate 'Big Bubba' who don't be havin' a rubba'...(sounds like you're on the bottom of the bottom bunk there, Bobo!)
Some people eat 'em every night.
If it IS 'Date Night', *I* would suggest avoiding the 'Beef Flavor' -  'Chef Wolfy' suggests you serve 'Shrimp' since you'll be gettin' 'da 'Meat', later.
~~~
Do I speak from 'sperience?
  • MissyDWolf taught me about 'Prison Chips' (that's her name for them; she used them as 'cheap bribes and rewards', late in her career and with me, to this very day - I fall for them every time - she says I'd make a great prisoner and still have a chance to achieve that lofty goalConfused). I love 'em when I need an unhealthy dose of sodium; she learned about i.
  • 'Date Night' - Only from being an outsider looking in at something I never really wanted to know about.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 9:42pm
Enough with the damn ramen noodles already!
lancer8869 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 2:28am
Can't stand this commercial. NO ONE eats ramen every night. If you do, you need to examine what went wrong with your life. Or maybe, just maybe, hold off on the new car and buy a mother-f**king Lunchable.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 2:37am
Cute little chick like that shouldn't have to buy anything for herself.

She should be living with a guy who pays for the apartment, her car AND the insurance as well as the groceries when he's not taking her out to dinner at night.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic