Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NO!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NO!
    Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:53pm
Let me first say, I grew up with Chuck E. Cheese, and I freaking loved it!  Well, actually I grew up just on the end of the Showbiz Pizza chain.  In fact, I had my 5th birthday at "Showbiz" instead of Chuck E. Cheese's.  It's been a staple of my childhood, and I've managed to keep calm over the changes they made to the main character.  But this new change?  I can't accept one freaking thing about it!  You do NOT give Chuck E. Cheese the voice of a punk pop star.  No way in hell, yo!  
So we went from this:

To this monstrosity:  

I officially hate Bowling for Soup.  I hadn't even heard their music before, and I already hate the singer for agreeing to do this.  Chuck NEVER needed changing!  I'm really beginning to despise this need to "revamp" everything.  First it was movies.  Now we're "updating" beloved characters.

ENOUGH ALREADY DAMNIT!

--and I just have to add, it's quite disappointing how many people are liking this version better than the old Chuck.  Of course, most of them are skateboarding, loitering, rude teenagers who like to complain about how tough they have it when their mommies take away the keys to the minivan.--

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:14am
" Everybody say cheese it's funner"?

WTF?

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE Censored IS THIS SHCensoredT
?

There was nothing wrong with the Chuckie Cheese Character he could last another 20 years.

I hate it when corporations try to contemporize something we know and love it usually ends up sucking.

THIS MUST STOP NOW!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:28am
Second one looks more kid friendly.. 
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:12am
I grew up with Chuck E. Cheese, but back when he had a kids voice, and not the respy teenager voice of recent.

It was always a treat to go there. Funny how kids aren't far removed from hamsters. give 'em some crappy treats and tubes and tunnels to crawl through and they're content.

This new one...I watched five seconds before I had to pause it. I swear, I might have cried if I endured that longer. Seeing something so dear to my childhood bastardised and raped...this is almost as bad as the Toys 'r' Us Giraffe.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:59am
You read my mind.  I was just thinking of starting a thread on how jaw-droppingly absurd the new Chuck E is . I hate Chuck E's plastic surgery.  Please bring back the old Chuck E please.Cry
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

This new one...I watched five seconds before I had to pause it. I swear, I might have cried if I endured that longer. 

Oh I did cry.  Hard.  I know part of it is the bipolar depression, but seriously, this is the worst "update" since Alvin and the Chipmunks.  I was able to barely endure the new Chuck with the weird t-shirt, but this one?  I can't endure this one bit.

Plus, am I the only one who things it's a horrible idea to make the mouse more realistically "mouse-like"...this IS a food-serving business after all.  At least the big CEC was cartoony enough to not associate him with rat feces.  This new one is cartoony as well, sure, but the way he looks is so...I mean, he's the size of a freaking mouse now.  All I keep thinking when I watch that ad is, "Get that mouse of the restaurant before he poops in the pizza!"
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:57am
"I didn't order my pizza with Capers."

"We don't use....um, I mean, sorry sir, I'll correct that."
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:20am
Quote Hey Rat, Say 'Cheeese'!

LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

"I didn't order my pizza with Capers."

"We don't use....um, I mean, sorry sir, I'll correct that."

And don't forget the new game:  Find the raisin in the ball pit!  Winner receives a free trip to the local medical center!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:46pm
I've been to Chuck E. Cheese.  Kids and food and games and fun---there should be a bio-hazard sign on the door.  If the Bubonic Plague ever resurfaces, the CDC should look to Chuck E. Cheese as its Ground Zero.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:07pm
Watching that commercial with the revamped Chuck E Cheese, it looks absolutely NOTHING like it was when I went there (well mostly Showbiz) as a kid.  Not just the new hipster Chuck E, but the restaurant itself.  It looks like a freaking McDonald's with a few Whack a Mole & Skee Ball games, and of course the only "arcade game" I saw was Guitar F'ing Hero.   

Do they even have anything remotely close to the Rockafire Explosion?  I bet not.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:29pm
I saw this rat plastered allover my TV screen, this rat is beyond annoying.

I'm calling this a rat because it's too ugly to be a mouse. Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Watching that commercial with the revamped Chuck E Cheese, it looks absolutely NOTHING like it was when I went there (well mostly Showbiz) as a kid.  Not just the new hipster Chuck E, but the restaurant itself.  It looks like a freaking McDonald's with a few Whack a Mole & Skee Ball games, and of course the only "arcade game" I saw was Guitar F'ing Hero.   

Do they even have anything remotely close to the Rockafire Explosion?  I bet not.
The game I remember was the pirate one. You basically had a steering whell and had to guide the ship through reefs, rocks, and perils to collect as many coins as you could without crashing.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 3:55am
Ugh.. Chuck E Cheese will ALWAYS be the WC Fields like cigar chomping RAT that Pizza Time Theatre originally made him to be in the late 70s. It was founded in San Jose and I was lucky to live near the giant one that overlooked the freeway. So a 30 foot Rat looking out a window at passing cars was a staple in the bay area for ages. That said, I recall the whole Showbiz/CEC mergers and buyouts in the 80s and later 90s and Chuck was changed in to a safety helmet wearing teen MOUSE. Now we have this... I know things change, and I shouldn't hold stuff to my childhood standards, hell my dad found Chuck E Cheese and the entire concept to be annoying but he grinned and took us.
One thing is consistent, their pizza is still sub par

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 5:22am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

One thing is consistent, their pizza is still sub par

Absolutely true lol, but really, I don't know...well, I didn't know...anyone who came for the pizza.  I know I only went for the games!  Though these days, the games suck (they used to have awesome arcade games but not all they have are those stupid simpleton games that let you win a bunch of tickets by pressing a stupid button), and there's NO EFFING BALL PIT!  I don't know if any of them have ball pits anymore, but the one I used to go to with my grandma doesn't.    FUUUUUUUUUU!  
Seriously, I never even cared about the pizza as a kid (heck, even during my 5th birthday party at CEC...well, it was Showbiz at that particular time... the only reason I ate was because I wasn't allowed to play until I did eat something, lol)

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 7:57am
I went to Chuck E Cheese once, during the 'WC Fields cigar-chomping rat' era....and, on the whole, I'd rather have been in Philadelphia.
Never cared about the stupid 'totally radical dude' teenage version of the 80s and '90s, so I care even less that he's now some sort of 'hipster'. The worse offense is the word 'funner'.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 10:02am
I never ate there once in all the times I went.

Usually, my sperm-donor would take me (he'd sit down, read a book, give me a few dollars on occasion, but never make any effort to get involved) while my mum did grocery and other shopping. Afterwards, we'd go out to eat (Usually at Coco's, or the China star that was catty-corner to the Chuck-E-Cheese)

It was actually a magical place for me, because all my favourites were within the same block of each other. The New China Star, Trader Joe's, Bookmens (Arizona-based used book/movie/video game store. They're in the process of making an online store, which I find fascinating, but I doubt they'll have all the trinkets and things that make the real stores so fun) A Petsmart...ah, the memories.
S100Headache View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S100Headache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by ProudHeart86 ProudHeart86 wrote:

Oh I did cry.  Hard.  I know part of it is the bipolar depression, but seriously, this is the worst "update" since Alvin and the Chipmunks.  I was able to barely endure the new Chuck with the weird t-shirt, but this one?  I can't endure this one bit.
Generic CGI at its "finest".
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 6:44pm
Was the Chuck E before this one supposed to be a stoner? In the commercials he was always shown with droopy eyelids.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:27pm
Well, guess I'm the only person that thinks this version is an upgrade. I HATED the old mouse. The damn thing was dressed in neon rollerblading gear for crying out loud! Time to update, people. Every time I saw one of the old commercials, all I could think was, "If their commercials are this dated - I can only assume that the restaurants haven't been updated since 1989 either". And no, I'm no hipster teenager, PrideHeart86, lol..... I'm 27 and grew up going to the old Chuck-E-Cheese... so I remember the good ol' days of this place - before ball-pits were decided to be a bio-hazard and were removed - and I couldn't wait to get rid of that old, stupid mouse that sounded all like, "Cowabunga dude! Come have pizza!". Lame, lame, lame. 
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:37pm
When my kids were little, we went once.  I went outside and there were a couple of other dads standing there.

I said, "Welcome to Father's Hell!"
FromtheWordsofBR View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromtheWordsofBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 2:39pm

The first words I said when I saw this horrid piece of trash: "They rendered Chuck E. Cheese in horrIBLE CGI?!?!?!?!?!?!"

FromtheWordsofBR View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromtheWordsofBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 2:42pm

Here's the downsides of this:

*Changing your style, voice and direction is NOT cool.
*"Funner" isn't even a word.
*Rendering a character in CGI, unless if it's original characters from DreamWorks and Pixar (Woody, Buzz,  Chicken Run, etc.), wrecks childhoods.

Hopefully this trash will be off the air, because I'm not seeing it as often. :) But if I see it again, I want the HeadOn lady to annoy Chuck E. Cheese.
LARDLOGO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LARDLOGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 7:02pm
My little brother was watching SpongeBob Squarepants when this aired, afterwards he had nightmares for a long while afterwards. Sad thing is we went there for his birthday a while back and I don't think we will come back if they're scaring their clients off.
Proactiv, GET OFF THE AIR
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 7:51pm

That first video could be a family video of  NJ Governor Chris Christie as a kid! (except for the southern accent).

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic