Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico-Man Made of Money

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico-Man Made of Money
    Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 6:44am
This Geico commercial is the oddest one yet. A man is made of money. Money is supposed to fall off him everywhere he goes.  He rides a motorcycle. Chances are you're not made of money like him.

Sponsored Links

zerocool View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerocool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:33am
Yep. The main issue I have with it is how bad the CG is.

It looks like the money flying across the scene is CG, as is the guy's head. The money on his body and the dollar bill that "lands" (there's a jump cut) on the biker's thigh seems like real paper, though.

You can really see the difference if you pause at 0:20. It's not even the same color and the lighting isn't matched at all!

What's more, the motion tracking for the flying money and the guy's head in general seems a bit off... kinda jittery. Did they hire a child who learned how to mess with CG off YouTube to do this commercial?! LOL!
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 5:15pm
Imagine how much money Geico could truly save you if they stopped making all these stupid commercials.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:04pm
Oh good grief.  Is this GEICO's answer to the Progressive "messenger"?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:09pm
...tell me I didn't just watch that.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:58pm
Why does this ad have the weird motion effect going on? I know certain TVs have a setting that you can turn on or off that has a motion effect, mine is turned off yet this ad simulated the effect anyway. It's awful.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:03pm
Thank God for Geico. I can imagine a group of young , informal and very rich ad executives. Yuking it up everytime they produce one of these pieces of fkin bullsh!t. FU(K YOU GEICO!!!!!!!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:08pm
Generally
Excruciatingly
Irritating 
Commercial
Organization 
Poiuyt Power!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:33am
How the Censored is this Censored supposed to be funny?

This is the same company that had genuinely funny commercials back in the 90's back when they were called Geico Direct.

I think Geico should fire it's advertising agency they're scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

SHEESH!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 6:08pm
I can't believe I'm saying this, but between this and the cavemen, I'll take the cavemen back! Anything but this shlep.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 1:56am
They aired the commercial TODAY!

It's stupid then it's stupid now.

BTW isn't that the same diner where they filmed the death of Jenny Shepard from the TV show NCIS?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 5:20pm

If it's got wings, i can crash it!
christine1109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christine1109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 6:39am
This commercial advert makes me physically ill and makes me want to vomit; the money covering this person is as disgusting and vomit-worthy as that hideous old, wrinkled lady that I often see on my e-mail home page.  In general, things like this make me want to vomit; I picture it as skin falling off the face and body - and that's all my stomach needs. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic