Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SENSA 'Band' & 'Dance' (VIDEOs)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SENSA 'Band' & 'Dance' (VIDEOs)
    Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 10:16pm
Saw the "picnic" one again - or rather, listened to it - today while cleaning the house, and even the f**king gospel choir was singing "Shake, shake, shake, shake your Sensa." So what is that supposed to imply, that this product is sanctioned by God?  SMH
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I was curious from a science point of view to see wtf these magic sprinkles were made of.

Apparently it's some sort of "flavor enhancer" that makes the food have a taste explosion and smell powerful. Sounds like MSG. Somehow that alone is supposed to make someone want to eat less of whatever they sprinkled it on, and that is how it works. Eating the sprinkles does nothing to your body to lose weight, you're supposed to eat less food. I HIGHLY doubt that is going to work for your run of the mill fatty.

So, I guess it deals with some of the psychological component of overeating.  My neighbress has been using it for a few months, and she's lost 20 lbs.  Maybe it's just a crutch, but sometimes crutches are necessary to get you from point A to point B.  Whatever works, I guess.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 3:30pm
I was curious from a science point of view to see wtf these magic sprinkles were made of.

Apparently it's some sort of "flavor enhancer" that makes the food have a taste explosion and smell powerful. Sounds like MSG. Somehow that alone is supposed to make someone want to eat less of whatever they sprinkled it on, and that is how it works. Eating the sprinkles does nothing to your body to lose weight, you're supposed to eat less food. I HIGHLY doubt that is going to work for your run of the mill fatty.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I've made a parody song I changed the lyrics a bit, it's aimed at the singers.

Shut Shut
Shut Shut
Shut The f**k Up
Shut The f**k Up

I've made another song parody...
To wit: 

Phuck phuck phuck,
Phuck phuck phuck,
Phuck off Sensa!!!

LOL

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:38am
Trust me, the OP is NOT the only one with a rabid dislike of these spots.

In addition to these two making a comeback, there's now a third one which takes place at a picnic, complete with a gospel choir singing.  I just saw it aired during "Hoarders" on A&E and, though I had the volume on mute, knew it had to be a Sensa commercial the second I first saw it before I even saw the product.

I vaguely remembered the "Shake Your Sensa" spot from a couple of months ago, but now that I'm paying more attention I can see how horrendous these spots are.  What on earth do a marching band or a gospel choir have to do with a weight loss product?  Just completely moronic, through and through.  And in the dance spot, I hate the way the dancers up front shove their Sensa containers toward the camera like they're about to reach out of the TV set toward you.  And I thought the Xenadrine commercial was bad.  This product needs to be banned, sooner rather than later, so these horrendous commercials can get the hell off the air.  Even though I'm overweight, these commercials do not make me want to try the product; they only make me want to mute the TV.

Does the ponytailed girl at the beginning of the "band" commercial remind anyone else of Lea Michele from "Glee"?  I hope it isn't her.  She's too good to be wasting her time with this.

And does anyone notice how none of the dancers/musicians/etc. featured in these commercials look like they NEED to lose any weight?  What are they "shaking their Sensa" for?  Do they want to be able to count their ribs?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 11:27pm
I've made a parody song I changed the lyrics a bit, it's aimed at the singers.

Shut Shut
Shut Shut
Shut The f**k Up
Shut The f**k Up

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 11:12pm
Ermm
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:56pm
I bet it's nothing.....a sprinkle of placebo for your cheeseburger.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
lahnnabell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lahnnabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:52pm
Oh sh*t.  This is awful.  WTF is it?  Some sort of sweetener?  Cocaine?  Dandruff?  
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:49pm
OMG this commercial is making a comeback sh*t!

Go away you shaky Censoreds I ain't buying you damned product.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 11:51pm
I read the fine print at one point it mentions that you have to have a healthy diet and exercise.

DUH! NO kiddin'!LOL
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 6:47pm
I absolutely despise SENSA and all ads that push this too-good-to-be-true product. It surprises me that you got no responses on this thread because you and I can't be the only ones who see red when these come on TV.

The only sure-fire ways to lose weight that are actually good for you are a combination of healthy diet and exercise. Not only do these help shed pounds, but have other benefits to the body. So these companies that capitalize on folks' wanting a shortcut really irk me. I object to the P.T. Barnumesque rationalization that "suckers" have it coming to them.

Besides, I happen to like KC and "shake your sensa!" makes me cringe.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 6:18pm
Cry...oh NO! 'Fat Peeps Sprinkles' are BACK!

I guess now that KC & the Sunshine Band are simply on oldies religious rehab tours, we get stuck with what is funding their friggin' events.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic