Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KFC - OMG!!!! Cheese Top Burger!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KFC - OMG!!!! Cheese Top Burger!!!!
    Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 5:05am
YUM!!!!!! Tongue

I don't know where the real commercial ends & the parody begins, but I think this is a real product.... Confused

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 12:30pm

I want one o'those new Coca Colas shown - with a thigh, not a drummy,

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 2:01pm
Apparently, it is a real product.  Here's the actual commercial.

I wonder what it is about this that KFC thought was a good idea.

Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 3:37pm
What the hell is the difference if the cheese is ON the bun or on the meat!  oh my god

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 3:41pm
Cheese should be on the meat, as it'll stay melted there.  On the bun, and it hardens back up too quickly.  So, even though it won't be the gooey mess as portrayed in the Jimmy Kimmel video (unless it's some sorta liquid cheese), there's still really no upside to having the cheese on the bun.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 4:21pm
Maybe they use some "special cheese" with polymers mixed into it to make it like a hard "shell".

Seems like like the cheese, even if not as gooey as in the parody ad, would pull more of the dirt & bacteria off of your fingers & onto it.

Just doesn't seem sanitary.

Seems like the product of someone desperate to come up with the next gimmick.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 6:01pm
ConfusedWith this one KFC may have just reached rock-bottom with possibly the most stupid marketing idea ever. Just goes to show how mentally-slow and slothy the average United States of Americo cockroach has become when some 3rd-world country actually beats us to the punch in making a parody of an absurd item WE sell to ourselves.  
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 12:56am
I don't get the "burger" part, it's a chicken sandwich. Wouldn't the cheese like substance stick to the wrapper or do they just hand it to you? W T F is with the O M G thing?
Time to go make me a grilled cheese sandwich with the cheese on top....Confused 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I don't get the "burger" part, it's a chicken sandwich. Wouldn't the cheese like substance stick to the wrapper or do they just hand it to you? W T F is with the O M G thing?

Well, the OMG thing is, as I assume you know, internet speak for Oh My God.

I guess they're just trying to be trendy & cool.

In a totally dorky, geeky kind of way.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 2:43am
Confused...seems to me that KFC is pandering to the 'Trailer Park Crowd', these days. Cool!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 3:35am
Don't know how many trailer parks are in the Phillipines.

And they might be considered the upscale neighborhoods over there....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well, the OMG thing is, as I assume you know, internet speak for Oh My God.

I guess they're just trying to be trendy & cool.

In a totally dorky, geeky kind of way.

I think the OMG thing is just part of the Jimmy Kimmel spoof.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 4:26am
If they dipped a cheeseburger in the chicken coating and deep fried it, they'd have a sure seller.... 
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 10:02am
Um, PaWolf, the sandwich is sold in the Philippines...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 10:35pm
Are you trying to tell me that there are no trailer parks in the Philippines?LOL
Actually, you are correct. The Philippines do indeed have fast food options not present in the U.S.
Chances are good we will get insulted with this product.

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 1:16am
I would actually try it. Well, atleast once
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 3:01am
Not real.  It's obviously a spoof because the customers are getting cheese stuck all over themselves.  They wouldn't do that in a real ad.  Funny, but not real.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 4:20am
The Jimmy Kimmel ad is a spoof, but the product is real.

Check the link in Pa's previous post.

C'mon, man!
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 9:48am

I don't get the "burger" part, it's a chicken sandwich.
it might be a southern pacific thing, as they call them burgers in new zealand and australia too. my fiancé's from new zealand and i tease him all the time whenever he talks about fish burgers and chicken burgers.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 1:45pm
^

I've never heard the term "chicken burger", but I have heard "turkey burger".  Still, when I hear "burger" (without any descriptor in front of it), I'm gonna always assume it's a beef burger.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 5:44pm
Sounds to me like they've got it right & we've got it backwards.

Why call only one a "burger" & the others "sandwiches" based solely upon what the contents is?

Why not either call them all sandwiches or all burgers?

Why not call a "hamburger" a "hamburger sandwich"?

I like calling them all burgers, myself.

I like the sound of "chicken burger" & "fish burger".

And honestly, shouldn't "hamburger" be spelled "ham burger" & have HAM on it????

George Carlin, where are you????   

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:01pm

And honestly, shouldn't "hamburger" be spelled "ham burger" & have HAM on it????

George Carlin, where are you????   

George is a wormburger at this point.

But hamburgers are called that for the same reason frankfurters are called frankfurters.  They're both named after the city they originated in.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:15pm
Thank goodness they haven't invented a sandwich in French Lick, IN.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 11:25pm

Sounds to me like they've got it right & we've got it backwards.

Why not call a "hamburger" a "hamburger sandwich"?

A ground beef sandwich doesn't sound right.Confused

Honey, don't forget to pickup some ground beef sandwich and frankfurter rolls at the store.LOL
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 1:37am
beefburger ain't too bad, though.

They could even 'hip' it up and call it a BB [sandwich] or some stupid bollocks to appeal to the kiddies.

Turkey Burger, Buffalo  burger (ugh...cravings!!!!) bison burger...lot's of BBs, come to think of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic