Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peter Pan Creamy Honey Roast Peanut Butter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter Pan Creamy Honey Roast Peanut Butter
    Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:32am
Confused Possibly one of the very best products to show up in the last 25 years?!  I just don't know!

This stuff is simply wonderful (a little expensive, but VERY addictive!Wink)

Almost three months of 'excessive spending' on this product - actually impacted my beer budget.

"Houston...We have a Problem!"
(Betty Ford Clinic) "The first step to recovery is admitting We have a Problem!"
(Grocer Clerk, ringing up total and noticing an odd quantity of a single product) "PaW...We have a (clear-cut) Problem!"
(MissyDWolf in tears with goopy-spoon-in-mouthPig) "Mmmwee mmwhhaffa Pppfrrolmmmmph!" PigPigCryCry

Peter Pan Original Honey Roasted Peanut Butter<<<--- This stuff is GREAT!

There may simply be nothing worse than observing a loved one clearly out of control and in need of a 'Family Intervention', doncha know...Cry...unless it is an ENTIRE FAMILY that requires the 'Intervention' to simply to ensure everyone gets their 'Fair Share', dammitnow!!!PigPigPig

I'd call the Televideo Crews for an episode on the 'Fambly Channel', but we'd probably all look like "The Family Creosote'...so, no.
~~~
We've been a pair for 40 years...we've raised children, we have grandchildren. EVERYONE knows MissyDWolf loves peanut butter, but has ALWAYS HATED HONEY.
I love honey.
I accidently got a jar of this about a month ago and she 'accidently' got a mouthful of it, in the dark.
Things haven't been the same since that night; I've had to stock up - and if I can't find it, now I hve to purchase and experiment with creamy peanut butters and honey, just to keep her quiet.
OuchWhat can I tell the children?! How do I let the entire family know?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 4:09am
I dunno Pa..... after getting used to this stuff....

All the "traditional brands" of peanut butter seem bland & flavorless to me.

It takes a little getting used to because the peanut flavor is so strong, but after one jar, you won't even be able to taste the other stuff. It'll be like eating softened wax or something.

Plus, this stuff is actually healthy for you.

Got all those Omega-3's & stuff.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 4:21am
Confusedbut what about the honey? The combination is what has created the problem...now I think I need to grab a jar of that and mix up some mush. Omega 3 & honey...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 4:43am
I got hooked on the Skippy Roasted Honey Nut Peanut Butter for awhile.  I was eating spoonfuls right outta the jar.

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:04pm
I'd take a swan dive into that stuff--and the judges would hold up scoring cards! LOL
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 6:47am
Just finished off a jar of the PPHR Crunchy.

Mighty tasty stuff.

Bought it on sale for a buck-99.

Found a jar of my favorite Smart Balance on sale about halfway thru the jar of PPHR, so I bought it.

Now that I'm done with the PP, I can start in on the SB .

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 2:12pm
I was thinking of getting a jar, along with a box of plain cookies to smear the peanut butter on, and make my own sandwich cookies.  I decided against it.  Peanut butter's too addictive to me.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 2:18pm
This is intriguing.....

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 3:38pm
Oh lord..... that stuff actually looks like "you-know-what"!!!!! (& I don't mean bacon)

On the other hand, it might be kinda tasty.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 3:42pm
Just Googled the Squeez Bacon & came up with some info on it.

Interesting.... no preservatives, but has a shelf life of 12 years!!!

MUST SEE VIDEO!!!! LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Oh lord..... that stuff actually looks like "you-know-what"!!!!! (& I don't mean bacon)

If your "you-know-what" is that red, you might wanna see a doctor.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:12pm
Looks brown to me.

But then again, I have a color vision deficiency w/regards to reds & greens.

Certain darker shades of red sometimes look brown to me.

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:27pm

Looks brown to me.

Me too!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Looks brown to me.

Me too!

Statistically, something like 11% of men worldwide have some sort of color vision deficiency.

I can't get past the first card of an Ishihara test.

It has kept me out of certain occupations.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:48pm
So, do you guys sometimes mistake your scabs for Squeez Bacon?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:49pm
Don't knock it till you've tried it, bub.

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 5:33pm

Looks brown to me.

Me too!

Statistically, something like 11% of men worldwide have some sort of color vision deficiency.

I can't get past the first card of an Ishahara test.

It has kept me out of certain occupations.

One of the things that knocked me out of Air Force ROTC in 1971. 

Also, one of my first jobs was a file clerk.  The filing system was color-coded.  Thankfully, I was promoted before I could screw things up.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 5:46pm
You can't pass a DOT physical for a driving job either.

I wanted to go into intelligence for the military many years ago, but because you have to analyze color satellite photos, you have to have perfect color vision.

You can take the Ishihara test online nowadays.

Here's one site:

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 6:29pm
Got the first one right....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 6:49pm
At least I'm not colorblind.  Otherwise, without my contact lenses, I'm blind as a bat.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:25pm
I've worn glasses since 1st grade...severe myopia and astigmatism.

Now I have cataracts. 

I'm going next week for a consult on surgery.  They say they can put new lenses in my eyes that will have me seeing almost perfect. 

Wait, how did we get off the peanut butter topic?  Embarrassed
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 9:27pm
Yea - I thought you were about to tell us that they were going to treat your cataracts with Peter Pan Honey Roast (creamy)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:37am
They only use the chunky kind for eye surgery.

Don't know why.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:37am

I've worn glasses since 1st grade...severe myopia and astigmatism.

Now I have cataracts. 

I'm going next week for a consult on surgery.  They say they can put new lenses in my eyes that will have me seeing almost perfect. 

Wait, how did we get off the peanut butter topic?  Embarrassed

Good luck, Hoot!

I'm terribly nearsighted, too.  Actually, now that I require corrective lenses for reading as well, I guess I'm no longer nearsighted.  I guess I'm neither nearsighted nor farsighted at this point.  That would make me "no-sighted".  Oy vey.

Anyway, I have a "distance" contact lens in one eye, and a "reading" contact lens in the other.  I love it.

For the purpose of "sticking" with the topic of peanut butter, lemme just say that with my reading lens, I can easily read the list of ingredients on the back of a jar of peanut butter.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Anyway, I have a "distance" contact lens in one eye, and a "reading" contact lens in the other.

That may explain a lot about your distorted view of the world. LOL

Wink

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic