Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What the fucing hell?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What the fucing hell?
    Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 2:27am
My jaw just dropped in shock and disgust when I read this.... ShockedDeadhttp://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/450-pizza-sold-canadian-restaurant-171550998.html

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 3:16am
A Fool and his money are soon parted! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 4:52am
Sounds like a front for a call girl operation to me (Charlie Sheen would probably order a $3000 "pizza"....  Wink

Quote A Fool and his money are soon parted! LOL

If I'm right about the above, it would be the idiots who choose 'pickup' instead of 'delivery' that get ripped off.  Serves'em right....  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 12:33am
Let me let all in on a little secret: EVERYTHING is a little more expensive in Canada.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 6:19am

Quote So what exactly do you get on a $450 pizza? Specifically, the high-end meal known as the "C6" comes topped with a thermidor of lobster and black Alaska cod and a side of Russian osetra caviar.

Meanwhile, The Global News adds that the $120 version is topped with roasted garlic, Icelandic scampi, smoked steelhead and lobster ratatouille.

None of that sounds any good on a pizza.  What the hell ever happened to pizza that was umm you know pizza? You didn't have any of this stupid crap like barbeque chicken and ranch or Hawaiian pizza.  Ugggh some people just don't get it.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Quote So what exactly do you get on a $450 pizza? Specifically, the high-end meal known as the "C6" comes topped with a thermidor of lobster and black Alaska cod and a side of Russian osetra caviar.

Meanwhile, The Global News adds that the $120 version is topped with roasted garlic, Icelandic scampi, smoked steelhead and lobster ratatouille.

None of that sounds any good on a pizza.  What the hell ever happened to pizza that was umm you know pizza? You didn't have any of this stupid crap like barbeque chicken and ranch or Hawaiian pizza.  Ugggh some people just don't get it.

Of all the Californians I know, it seems I'm the only one who prefers pizza "plain".

Some of the pizza I've seen out there is just crazy.  The worst I've seen is that pizza that has cheeseburgers all over it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:38pm
For $450 my pizza better have a naked 20 y/o nymphomaniac bikini model laying on it.

With an ice cold six pack of Heineken in each hand.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Of all the Californians I know, it seems I'm the only one who prefers pizza "plain".

Some of the pizza I've seen out there is just crazy.  The worst I've seen is that pizza that has cheeseburgers all over it.

Yeah, I prefer "plain" cheese pizza myself, but only if it's really good, authentic "NY style" pizza.

All that other "crazy" crap you mentioned isn't even pizza afaic.

It's just some quasi "pizza-like" pie..... thing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:50pm
pepperoni, mushrooms, and sometimes onions.  Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 4:13pm
I like a nice "supreme", too.

Pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers & onions.

Then add some black olives, too.

Anything beyond that is entering into the realm of silliness.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

For $450 my pizza better have a naked 20 y/o nymphomaniac bikini model laying on it.

With an ice cold six pack of Heineken Molson's Ice in each hand.

Shocked*I* wan't one of those pizzas! Do ya think 'Domino's' delivers? 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 10:46pm
Thor, I am from California and I love plain pizza. I would try that pizza, just to see what it would taste like. But I would never buy it. The said person would have to share with me, otherwise forget it
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by JimAyzing JimAyzing wrote:

Thor, I am from California and I love plain pizza. I would try that pizza, just to see what it would taste like. But I would never buy it. The said person would have to share with me, otherwise forget it

It's possible that I haven't seen much plain pizza since I moved to California, not based on location, but based on time.  It's been 32 years.  Maybe plain pizza has simply fallen out of favor everywhere over the years.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 11:40pm
Thor, explain....plain pizza means no cheese or sauce?

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Wouldn't that basically be an over-sized tortilla?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 12:46am

It means basic pizza---no toppings.  Cheese and sauce goes without saying.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

An Italian tortilla from Northern California?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 2:05am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

An Italian tortilla from Northern California?
Technically, Greeks invented pizza then the Italians stole it...like their gods, architecture...and the Eutruscan's numeral system.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 2:54am

Technically, Greeks invented pizza then the Italians stole it...like their gods, architecture...and the Eutruscan's numeral system.

More likely, it evolved over time and place.  I doubt that anyone actually "invented" it.  Probably, the Italian version is the one that most closely resembles what we get here---the version with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 3:24am

More likely, it evolved over time and place.  I doubt that anyone actually "invented" it.  Probably, the Italian version is the one that most closely resembles what we get here---the version with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.

[true.story]
WinkOnce upon a blue moon, we spent some time in Rome - about a week.
We had pizza there.
It was on square flatbread and had plain tomato sauce.
Tasted like crap.
There was all kinds of stuff you could sprinkle on it after it was given to you.
Made it taste like crap with stuff sprinkled all over it.
I ate a bunch of it and then crapped.
[end.of.story].

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 3:45am

Which was invented in Napoli (Naples) Italy.

And according to Rick Steves, you can still get it exactly the way they used to make it back then.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic