Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dibs Ice Cream Snack Pack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dibs Ice Cream Snack Pack
    Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 6:14pm
Okay, this one ranks up there as one of the grossest ads I've ever seen.

We see these two guys sitting on a car and this girl comes up to them, eating a big lollipop (you know, those all day suckers). She asks the guys what are they eating and they tell her it's Dibs ice cream in a snack pack. They give her some and she says, "This is good" in a way that makes me think she's going to go psycho and grab the bag. But instead, she looks at her lollipop and asks, "I wonder what they're going to do with all those big lollipops."

Here's the part that is beyond gross.

The scene then changes to a really hairy guy getting his back waxed by a big, burly woman using big lollipops. The man screams as the hair gets ripped off and the woman says "You're a big baby" in a thick German (?) accent.

I just about threw up the contents of my dinner when I saw that. Even now just thinking about makes me want to spew. Not only is this commercial stupid but it's gross, too. I hate hate HATE back hair on men. I hate chest hair on men, too. DeadDead

Excuse me...I don't feel so good...

*sound of Mooch throwing up*
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 6:23pm
They just tried too hard with these commercials. The guy eating the dibs who says something like 'You bet you can!" is a knock off of napoleon dynamite. The asian girl's voice just grates on my ears, they probably told her to "sound as close to a 3 year old as you can". Her voice is so high pitched, awkward, and annoying. As we touched on in the last dibs thread, dibs won't replace a damn thing, not pretzels and not lollipops. Dibs have too much fat to be an all the time snack. Oh and isn't that nice, they use the huge lollipops to wax a fat guys back, I'm sorry but I'm never going to eat dibs now.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 6:33pm
I love huge lollipops. They are delicious. Dibs look good but it's completely outlandish to think that they'd replace all other snacks. Yeah, something that MELTS is going to replace all snack foods. Okay then.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 6:53pm
I remember reading somewhere that Dibs are one of the worst things you can eat in terms of fat and calories.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 7:04pm
I tried Dibs for the first time the other day and I LOVED them but after viewing this ad, I'll probably never eat them again.
Nautigal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 8:51pm
I haven't seen this ad, thank god, and I hope I never do. Dibs are great, but why would they think any kind of ice cream would replace other snacks? That's just stupid. You can't take them anywhere, you just take them out of the freezer and eat them--like any other ice cream!

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I just about threw up the contents of my dinner when I saw that. Even now just thinking about makes me want to spew. Not only is this commercial stupid but it's gross, too. I hate hate HATE back hair on men. I hate chest hair on men, too. DeadDead

Mooch,

Do you think men have any more control (other than painful treatment) of the hair that grows on their bodies than any other physical trait?

Your rant seems rather strong.  How do you feel about ugly people? 

Yeah, I have a hairy chest.  Never presented a problem.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Mooch,

Do you think men have any more control (other than painful treatment) of the hair that grows on their bodies than any other physical trait?

Your rant seems rather strong.  How do you feel about ugly people? 

Yeah, I have a hairy chest.  Never presented a problem.

Hoot, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally think body hair is disgusting. I hope to marry a man who doesn't have any (yes, there are such straight men out there).

As for "ugly" people, what constitutes as ugly these days? Just because a man has chest and body hair doesn't mean he's ugly. I, for one, don't find it attractive but then again, guys don't find me attractive, either. So ugly and gross is different for different people. I think body hair is gross and people think my face is gross. It's a fair trade off, I suppose.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 10:12pm
Mooch, I'm just as sure that people don't find your face gross as they find my chest gross. Yes, it's a matter of preference, but I do believe that beauty is skin deep.  When you get to be my age you will see.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 4:40pm
Dibs has some of the most God-awful commercials on television.  I remember not long ago having ranted about the pretzel tossing, but this commercial is even worse!  Obviously one of the ad's writers has been watching The 40-Year-Old Virgin one too many times...
smille31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smille31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 5:42am
i had an after-shock to that commercial...kinda sitting there afterwards like, "what. just. happened."

they were trying way too hard for that dry-humor. everything wasn't humorously awkward, it was just so painfully awkward, and it had an obnoxious similarity to family guy where it cut to some really strange and unrelational scene...not to mention, just plain disgusting

ew.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic