Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Olive Garden and yogurt redhead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olive Garden and yogurt redhead
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 4:43am
I think it's a yogurt commercial where she figures most prominently- the woman stuffing the clothing bin with all her old clothes, informing her sassy black friend that eating all that yogurt has made her skinny.....

What's hilarious, is that she's also featured for a fraction of a second in an Olive Garden commercial, stuffing her face with their fried, breaded, cream-sauced, cheesy entrées Confused

Maybe she's stuck in an endless cycle: Gaining weight at Olive Garden; going on the yogurt starvation diet and buying a new wardrobe; going back to Olive Garden..............
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 3:01pm
That's EXACTLY what I thought, Christine.  I was gonna post about it, but I couldn't find the Olive Garden commercial, and didn't think too many people would've noticed her in it.

I'm glad you did!

I guess it would make more sense if she ("Beth") was in the Olive Garden commercial before she was in the Cheerios commercial.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 3:53pm
Yeah I noticed her too when I saw the Olive Garden commercial!  Didn't think about the weight catch-22 though LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 4:26pm
In the Olive Garden commercial, she should be the one eating a bowl of Multi-grain Cheerios.

And in the Cheerios commercial, she should've offered her "fat clothes" to her friend before she dumped them in the drop-off container.  Just to be a bitch.

Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:05am
"just to be a bitch" LOL BWAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for my laugh-du-jour!! Big smile Ah, if only commercials could do that......

She's in a Cheerios commercial too? How did I miss that?

And she seems to be wearing her skinny clothes in the Olive Garden commercial (could swear it's the same outfit......or do redheads ALWAYS wear green/blue to contrast the hair??) She won't be wearing them for long. At least, not until she's on the yogurt-and-Cheerios diet.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:33am
No, Christine...the clothing drop-off commercial is for Cheerios Multi-grain cereal, not yogurt.

This is slightly longer than the one I usually see on TV.  In the one I usually see, they don't show the clothing being "flushed".  It's just sitting there one second and magically gone the next.

commercialh8tr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialh8tr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 1:04pm
The Yogurt and Cereal categories are quite possibly the worst revolving door of pure horse sh*t.   In the spirit of accuracy...they all should be ads about the true main product  - sugar - with other sh*t tossed in.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 2:42am
Yeah, I just noticed yesterday that it was actually Cheerios, with its magical fat-melting multi-grain powers. Lamp Ooops.

Guess my brain has been programmed to equate "weight loss" with "eating boatloads of yogurt." Damn ad execs and their evil brain-reprogramming tactics!! Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic