Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IKEA "Leo proof kitchen" ad little bastard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IKEA "Leo proof kitchen" ad little bastard
    Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 4:34am
This one is right out of the List of Advertising Offenses.... or if not, it should be.

Typical little brat who needs his little ass tanned, is portrayed as "cute & adorable" by some suckup commercial.

And they call people who lock their kids in closets "child abusers"... hmmmph!!!

This kid is the best argument for it I've seen, well.... since the last one I saw. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 9:03pm
So much for the "time out".Ermm
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 10:38pm
That boy needs a session in the woodshed.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

This is something that irks me about parenting today. They put their bad kids on "time out" instead of giving them a good old fashioned ass whupping because that's clearly what this Leo needs. Why leave him alone to get into more mischief?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 10:56pm
This COULD be a 'Bad Parenting Public Service Announcement'.
Ouch...kid trashing the kitchen like that? friggin' brat is heading downhill faster than James Dean on Mulholland Drive, I tell ya!
Mom's probably stoned or drunk and passed out in the other room and/or maybe otherwise 'currently indisposed' and has no intention of hearing anything else other than her own "oooo...ohhhh", doncha know.
They need to show an 'extended version' of this commercial titled 'Little Leo learns to play with matches' 
Show the kid running like hell out the back door after having blown out the pilot light on the gas range and having turned all knobs on high after he's stuffed some petrol-soaked rags in an IKEA garbage can and tossed a lit match in it....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

This is something that irks me about parenting today. They put their bad kids on "time out" instead of giving them a good old fashioned ass whupping because that's clearly what this Leo needs. Why leave him alone to get into more mischief?
LOL True story, I honestly did not know paddles originally had a ball and a string on them until I was 10. I really thought they came straight out of the paddle factory ready for blisterin' backsides.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 11:56pm
^Did you ever 'get' the ones with holes in them? Aerodynamics ain't just for cars, y'know :P
(Actually, I only ever got a slap-on-the-hand or a spank-on-the-butt, no 'tools'. I was fairly well behaved, and the hand-slaps taught me early on not to touch things without permission, so I even got to go into antique stores :D)
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 12:10am
DirtyD, my mom was a paddle momma, too!  I hated paddleball!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 2:56am
My mom was a "wooden spoon" mom.

Apparently, so were a lot of other moms.....  LOL

When we lived in Hawaii, she had access to these really horrible, evil switches that came off of some kind of native tropical tree. It may have been some kind of banana tree because the skin on them was exactly like banana peel. They were yellow, about 2 ft. long, had a hard knot on each end & were very flexible & rubbery. They'd just whistle as they cut thru the air when you'd swing them. Nasty things. You did NOT want to get whipped with one of those things!!!

We all did, however.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 3:51am
The photo of that spoon made me {{{{{shudder}}}} Cry When the wooden one broke (or got hidden), the plastic one appeared, and THAT was worse! Pinch

Other implements of torture included: Soap in the mouth when I repeated a word I should never have learned in the first place; a spanking, just once. Can't recall any of the transgressions that led to these, however.

Seems like time-outs work if you're consistent, which Leo's mom sure isn't. Maybe he just needs to burn up some energy outside? Mom needs to stop playing Farmville and take him out for some catch.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 4:35am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

They need to show an 'extended version' of this commercial titled 'Little Leo learns to play with matches' 
Show the kid running like hell out the back door after having blown out the pilot light on the gas range and having turned all knobs on high after he's stuffed some petrol-soaked rags in an IKEA garbage can and tossed a lit match in it....

"Show Leo's charred body being blown out of the bay window in a spray of glass shards and crashing through the sunroof of the neighbor's brand new Lexus (...)"

Fixed it for ya....  Big smile
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 6:23am
Wow, your parents used wooden spoons to beat you? I remember my parents and grandparents using any found object to beat Li'l Mooch and her siblings whenever we got out of line. They mainly used belts or {{{shudder}}} a wooden ruler.

Little Leo should thank his lucky stars he wasn't born into a Jamaican family, like I was.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

The photo of that spoon made me {{{{{shudder}}}} Cry When the wooden one broke (or got hidden), the plastic one appeared, and THAT was worse! Pinch

Other implements of torture included: Soap in the mouth when I repeated a word I should never have learned in the first place; a spanking, just once. Can't recall any of the transgressions that led to these, however.

Yep.  Spanking, soap and "the spaghetti spoon".  My mother stopped using the spoon when she broke it on my brother, and they both ended up laughing.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Wow, your parents used wooden spoons to beat you? I remember my parents and grandparents using any found object to beat Li'l Mooch and her siblings whenever we got out of line. They mainly used belts or {{{shudder}}} a wooden ruler.

Little Leo should thank his lucky stars he wasn't born into a Jamaican family, like I was.

I wish I could find a picture of those yellow rubbery switches that used to fall off the tree in our back yard in Hawaii that my mom used to whip me with..... those things were a bitch!!!!!

They were like whips with knots on the end.

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Mom's probably stoned or drunk and passed out in the other room and/or maybe otherwise 'currently indisposed' and has no intention of hearing anything else other than her own "oooo...ohhhh", doncha know.
No chit. Mom doesn't hear all that clanking around in the kitchen? What if lil Leo found the drawer with all the sharp kitchen utensils.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 11:07pm
There was some 20/20 or Dateline report last night about parents being afraid that their pre-teen schizo kids would murder them in their sleep. (One mom even locked her door at night, but the kid learned how to pick the lock.)  So that 'bump in the night' might be...  Leo!  LOL
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

My mom was a "wooden spoon" mom.

My grandmother used one of those on me in church when I was about 2. Learned a lesson that day!

My theory is that time out = more time for the child to get into trouble, or reformat their plans. Not very effective for the parents. At all.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

My theory is that time out = more time for the child to get into trouble, or reformat their plans. Not very effective for the parents. At all.

Same thing with parents who try to reason with their young kids.  Just teaches the kids to "reason" right back.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

There was some 20/20 or Dateline report last night about parents being afraid that their pre-teen schizo kids would murder them in their sleep. (One mom even locked her door at night, but the kid learned how to pick the lock.)  So that 'bump in the night' might be...  Leo!  LOL

Leo.... entering mom's bedroom at 3 am, with the IKEA "multi-purpose" kitchen untensil....

"Time out, eh mommy? I'll show you what 'time out' means, BITCH!!!!"

Note: The scars all over his face are from running into the sharp metal corners of those IKEA drawers & cabinet doors.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 3:07pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"Mmmmmm.... daddy's flesh tastes EXTRA GOOD after being cooked in our new IKEA forced air convection oven!!!! The forced air really seals in the juices!!!!" Tongue

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 4:44pm
Doesn't "Mommy Dearest"  hear all that clattering and banging going on? Plus, if I ever saw Little Leo kicking the cabinet drawers closed, Little Leo's ass would be stinging worse than if he got stung by a hive of hornets.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 4:48pm
The problem is...there ARE women out there who find this sh*t cute because their own kids are little hell raisers and they don't seem to see an issue with it.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:03pm
Little Leo's backside needs a date with a leather belt.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Little Leo's backside needs a date with a leather belt.

My ex had a name for his belt - Brownie.  He'd ask the kids if they wanted some.  Not that he beat the crap outta them or anything; usually the threat of it calmed the situation down.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic