Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jenna Bush Hager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jenna Bush Hager
    Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 12:51pm
Until I find a job, my mornings are stuck with insipid network programming. The Today Show for one example.

Jenna is one of the hosts, I guess that's the term, on Today. How the HELL did this woman get a job as a HOST on a ginormous network show?! She can barely articulate!! Angry

She must be the daughter of a president or something Confused Why must those who have no need to ever work take jobs from those of us who could *really* use the scratch?! Ouch
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 8:54pm
Until I find a job, my mornings are stuck with insipid network programming. The Today Show for one example.
Cry  Sorry to hear that. You can't get one of those converter boxes?  I wouldn't even turn the TV on if all I had was broadcast channels.
Kelly Ripa Show/ Maury/ Gameshows/ soap operasSick
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:03am

It's not that bad- actually, we do have cable, and I've only recently started watching Today after getting a little bored with morning cable shows.

There's also the other guy on a different show.........Whatshisname Bush. Could be a coincidence, but if I were the prez, I'd probably force some networks to hire MY kids too. Still, makes you realize what a democracy we really are NOT.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:42am

One may wonder if they are pandering to the average viewer's intellectual level of understanding.

Just like politicians. 

Get a job - any job - stay busy so you do not have to experience more of the same.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:43am

I used to watch/listen to the weather channel in morning but ever since Stephanie Abrams started hosting, I had to stop watching/listening.  They hired her because she is young and has huge boobs.  That's it.  She does inappropriate, childish things, says things that are not true, makes fun of guests to the show.  She's a mess. So since I'm not male, I have no use for her. Thumbs Down

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I wouldn't even turn the TV on if all I had was broadcast channels.
Kelly Ripa Show/ Maury/ Gameshows/ soap operasSick 

I've had nothing but broadcast TV for the past 9 years or so.

I don't miss cable/satellite one bit.

But it's true that morning/daytime TV is brutally bad.

So I just don't watch TV in the morning.... Thumbs Up

There are better ways to spend the mornings than sitting in front of the boob tube anyway.

And the money I've saved......... Clap

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 3:38pm
One of my local morning news shows is the most asinine thing I've ever seen.  Sometimes, I just tune in to see how low they're going this time.  One day last week, all the hosts were wearing gigantic balloon sculptures on their heads.

Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 12:01am

TV is something to do while drinking coffee/eating breakfast/surfin' the interwebs. I am truly astonished at how deeply vapid (how's that for an oxymoron? Tongue ) it can get. When I can't take it anymore, I put on The Weather Channel for less-intrusive background noise.

Stephanie Abrams never bothered me, mainly b/c it's all background noise and I haven't been paying close attention! But yeah, makes me *nuts* to see women hired for their ability to be rail-thin and look under 30. Angry If Al Roker or Willard Scott were female, they'd have been laid off at least a decade ago.

{{{sigh}}} Pa, you've got a point- might be worth taking a job off-the-books in the mornings just to escape the brain rotting effects!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

But yeah, makes me *nuts* to see women hired for their ability to be rail-thin and look under 30. Angry If Al Roker or Willard Scott were female, they'd have been laid off at least a decade ago.

On our local Fox affiliate, there used to be (she didn't last long) this weather gal named Sabrina Fein who came across as the epitome of the term "weather bimbo". Tall, hot, huge rack, tiny waist & this cutesy, mousy voice that you could imagine saying "At my last job I used to jump out of giant cardboard cakes in a G-string!!!!"

Oddly enough though, according to her bio, she supposedly has a degree in meteorological science.

But who knows how accurate that was.

I think she's in San Diego now, but here's a little montage of her during her short lived tenure at Fox 35 Orlando.

Enjoy....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 9:22pm
I haven't seen much of Jenna Bush Hager, but if she inherited her mother's insipidness and her father's intelligence quotient, I can understand why she wouldn't be much of a fit for the small screen.

I turned off morning TV garbage years ago in favor of listening to NPR Morning Edition.  I have never even once looked back.
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:54am
Jenna is light years ahead of Chelsea Clinton on NBC Nightly News. She inherited her mother's  air of superiority and her father's (Webster Hubbell) looks.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 6:31am
Originally posted by john koenig john koenig wrote:

Jenna is light years ahead of Chelsea Clinton on NBC Nightly News. She inherited her mother's  air of superiority and her father's (Webster Hubbell) looks.

Are you saying Chelsea's father isn't Bill??

I don't think Chelsea's bad-looking at all.  Different looking, maybe...but not ugly. 

john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 6:40am
It's a long standing political joke that Chelsea is Web Hubbell's daughter. He and Hillary worked together at the Rose Law Firm and frankly, if you look at him, Chelsea bears more than a passing resemblance.
The story always was that Bill was too busy...being Bill to have had time to father a child with Hillary. The poor man was just tuckered out from all those meetings in hotel rooms ;-)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:56pm
I'll go with that!  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 3:37pm
The blind following the blind.

Typical Glen Beck style silliness.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by john koenig john koenig wrote:

Jenna gets just drunk enough before each show so that she doesn't just sit there staring vapidly into space as she otherwise would.

Here she is preparing for a recent show...

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic