Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie Sequel Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie Sequel Ideas
    Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 3:07am

This is the place to tell us of the movies that never had sequels but you wanted them to!  Here is mine complete with the plot.

I have long wanted to see a sequel to My Cousin Vinny.  I even came up with an idea for it that would bring back ALL the main characters from the first movie.  **********SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE***********

In the sequel that I have in mind the (unseen) murderers from the first movie who were arrested by Sheriff Tillman of Jasper County are extradited to Beechum County to stand trial for the murder of Jimmy Willis (Sac O Suds clerk).  The trial is to take place in exactly the same courthouse as in the first movie.  Their stolen Pontiac tempest is also towed there as evidence (mentioned but unseen in first movie). In order to prosecute them, William Gambini and Stanley Rothenstein (accused in first movie of murdering Jimmy) are summoned back to Beechum County by Judge Haller to testify that Jimmy Willis was indeed alive when they last saw him just before they left the Sac O Suds.  As a result of this, Lisa Vito-Gambini (now Vinny's wife) is also summoned to testify because she took the picture of the incriminating tire tracks that was entered into evidence by Vinny in the first movie.  Vinny accompanys Lisa and is asked to assist in prosecuting the case by D.A. Trotter as an expert in automobiles (along with George Wilbur) and with his knowlege of the facts of the case.  The stuttering Public Defender from the first movie is defending the murderers (who resemble William and Stanley).  All of the colorful characters who were witnesses against William and Stanley in the first movie are called yet again to testify what they saw at the Sac O Suds when Jimmy was shot.  In this sequel Vinny is yet again getting on the nerves of Judge Haller with his insane courtroom demeanor and outbursts.  J.T. the pool-playing redneck is still after Vinny for beating him up in the first movie and taking his $200.  The murderers are trying to beat the charges by creating doubt in the jury's mind that it was William and Stanley who shot Jimmy.
I would like to see this on the big screen!
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 4:15pm
They'd almost have to have some more controversy with Vinny's "legal name," last one being Jerry Callo (CEE-a-l-l-o  LOL ).    Also, who would you want to play Judge Haller since Fred Gwynne's no longer with us?

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 4:25pm
Cry  It wouldn't be the same without Fred Gwynne.

It would also be funny if Vinnie and Lisa went back to the "grits", opened the menu and saw "Regular, Creamy or Al Dente"  grits!

"My Cousin Vinny" is one of those movies I could watch over and over and over again.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

It would also be funny if Vinnie and Lisa went back to the "grits", opened the menu and saw "Regular, Creamy or Al Dente"  grits!

That would be perfect! LOL

Were these MAGIC grits?  I mean, did you get them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans???

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 5:42pm
As they drive into town (again) with the rap music blasting (again) they should pass a Grand Opening - Chinese Restaurant  "Tourists welcome" sign.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 5:46pm

As they drive into town (again) with the rap music blasting (again) they should pass a Grand Opening - Chinese Restaurant  "Tourists welcome" sign.

Which is right next door to a Travel Agency - one that specializes in world travel.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Which is right next door to a Travel Agency - one that specializes in world travel.

LOL - and Vinnie could be wearing a pair of Uggs "At least I'm wearing boots!"

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:10pm
LOL

I gotta watch it tonight.  I was planning on making it a movie night anyway, and like you said it's one of those movies that never gets old.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:30pm
I've always wanted to see a well-thought sequel to "L.A. Confidential"; it sure would be hard to come up with, given almost everyone ended up dead in the original,
Maybe it should be a 'prequel'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:37pm
Big Trouble in Little China

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:44pm

Also, not having any grand ideas of HOW they could work, I'd love to see sequels to "Eating Raoul"...

..."Very Bad Things"...

...and, without question, "What About Bob?"
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 1:50am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

They'd almost have to have some more controversy with Vinny's "legal name," last one being Jerry Callo (CEE-a-l-l-o  LOL ).    Also, who would you want to play Judge Haller since Fred Gwynne's no longer with us?

This is just a wish I have!  It would certainly not be the same without him, but perhaps D.A. Trotter was promoted to judge when Haller died of a heart attack after the first trial.  I was wondering if the plot sounds feasible or interesting.  Any opinions?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 5:58am
Thanks for the idea about the Chinese Restaurant!  Here are more of mine.  In My Cousin Vinny 2: Return to Beechum Vinny and Lisa would again be staying in D.A. Trotter's cabin and menaced by the screech owl, or at the hotels where pigs, giant loud whistles, and trains would continue to wake them at all hours just like before.  Mrs. Riley (and ONLY Mrs. Riley) would be sporting her new eyeglasses in court that Vinny proved that she needed previously.  Mr. Tipton now remembers how long it took him to make his grits on the day of the murder.  As a plot twist the .357 magnum gun found in the killers' possession in the last movie is not admissable as evidence since the bullets are virtually identical to .38 caliber and Judge Haller is forced to throw it out as evidence due to a procedural error.  Lisa is pregnant with their first child which makes her more cranky (so much for her...STAMP! STAMP! STAMP!... biological clock ticking).  Vinny is sent to the newly rebuilt jail (that was mentioned as being condemned in the first movie) whenever he is jailed for contempt instead of the prison he was before. He is threatened by the two killers on trial who are housed there since it was his detective work that caught them in the first place. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 9:44pm
I would LOVE to see a well-thought sequel to this one...they'd have to con Akroyd out of retirement.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:23pm
I would like to see a good sequal to The Incredibles.  My kids and I LOVE it!!
JasonW1981 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonW1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:23am
I'd like a Masters of the Universe sequel that'd start with He-Man waking up in Castle Greyskull, and Battle Cat saying to him "That must've been one weird hallucination spell Skeletor hit you with. While you were out of it, you kept mumbling something about a 'Gwildor' and a 'cosmic key' "

(Yes, I would have Battle Cat talk...cause Battle Cat's smartass remarks were usually funny)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic