Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sofia Vegaro: ENOUGH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 4:14pm
no, EugenesAxe, I stated above that I like her too. I like the fact that she makes fun of herself. Charo was okay, but that coochie coochie got to be real old real fast. ;-)
Sponsored Links

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 6:28pm
Yes yes yes!!!  Thank you for posting this!  She is pretty and seems likeable and has a compelling life story...but....I hate when someone becomes a caricature and I think that's what she is becoming.  I cringe whenever I see her in just about anything now!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 7:44pm
I had to Google her...I've never seen anything she's been in except the ads which I ignore.  She must be in the type of commercials which have me flipping over to a news channel or anything else because I have no interest in watching the ads.  Either that, or her ads run during the few network shows I DVR so I can fast forward through commercial breaks.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 3:22pm
I looked her up on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sof%C3%ADa_Vergara

It says in the "personal life" section that she gave birth to a son when she was 20 and now her son is 19 and she is 39.

I don't know about you guys but I don't know how comfortable I would feel seeing my mom walking around half naked with her cleavage hanging out all the time and posing in thong bikinis for everyone. She has tons of youtube videos of her walking around in thong bikinis.

It just seems kind of weird that she's comfortable with this despite the fact that she has a son. I could see it if she had a daughter, but a son? Cmon.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 3:52pm
^

Just so long as she's not still doing that when she's 9 and he's 39.

Or worse, when she's 80 and her son is 56:

Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:55pm
Is this the same woman in the milk commercial that says "Come dreeen your meeeelk!!"

Oh wait, that's Salama Hayek. Not sure if I spelled her name correctly.

Anyway, it's another overdone cutesy-accent theme.
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

I looked her up on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sof%C3%ADa_Vergara

It says in the "personal life" section that she gave birth to a son when she was 20 and now her son is 19 and she is 39.

I don't know about you guys but I don't know how comfortable I would feel seeing my mom walking around half naked with her cleavage hanging out all the time and posing in thong bikinis for everyone. She has tons of youtube videos of her walking around in thong bikinis.

It just seems kind of weird that she's comfortable with this despite the fact that she has a son. I could see it if she had a daughter, but a son? Cmon.

I don't know. My wife and I are old enough to have kids of that age, but we don't have children. At "just above 40", neither of us feels (or looks) like an old person, so why should we give in to what society expects of us, simply because of a number?
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Cathode_Ray Cathode_Ray wrote:

I don't know. My wife and I are old enough to have kids of that age, but we don't have children. At "just above 40", neither of us feels (or looks) like an old person, so why should we give in to what society expects of us, simply because of a number?

Like I said, if she had a daughter it would be different. But, I just think it's weird that she shows off her cleavage all the time and prances around in thongs knowing that her son can see it.

How many mothers allow their sons to see them naked or half naked? I just think it's weird. That's all.

It's like a father allowing his 20 year old daughter to see him naked. Something doesn't seem right about it. That's all.

When I was growing up, my mom didn't prance around half naked wearing thongs. I would be willing to bet most people have mothers who do not dress provocatively.
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:22pm
...and now she's doing Kmart. 

She's also in the new Three Stooges movie and as soon as she came on screen and I realized she was a main character, I couldn't wait for the movie to be end. She literally ruined the movie for me. 
Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:49pm
Oh, please make it stop.  It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:25pm
She hams up that Coh-Loom-Bee-Ahn accent a little too much for my taste. WTF is up with the weird expressions she makes at the end of her "diet pessi" commercial? I'd probably dislike her a lot less if she lost just a fraction of the accent. I know men probably melt over it but it just grates on me. Did anyone see her SNL hosting last month? It was so hard to understand her at times.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:11am
^  Agreed.  Although I like her, she could lose a bit of the accent.  Considering she's now a US celebrity, her accent should be moving in that direction, not reverting.

But she's no spring chicken, and so, maybe she's looking to the future for sitcom roles or voiceover roles in animated movies.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:31am
I'm tired of this "Latin accent" trend in commercials.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:34am
I really like her, the thing that annoys me is that she gives the illusion that her breasts are absolutely massive, because they're shoved up under her chin, but she's obviously just wearing a bra several sizes too small. For some reason that really grinds my gears.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:43am
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

I really like her, the thing that annoys me is that she gives the illusion that her breasts are absolutely massive, because they're shoved up under her chin, but she's obviously just wearing a bra several sizes too small. For some reason that really grinds my gears.

Jayne Mansfield:

Grinds my gears, too...but in a happy way.

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:58pm
I cannot handle her anymore. Sophia Vergara is EVERYWHERE!!!!!! I can't tell if she is sassing up her accent to make it really freekin' obnoxious, or if it really is that thick. I'm tending to think the former. I can't stand her in the new KMart commercial where she's ordering her lackey around to...make her bed for her???? Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me....... ugh. 
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Jayne Mansfield:

Oh yeah, everyone does it to some extent, but she takes it REALLY far. So does Christina Hendricks, who has publicly said time and time again that she's a DD, but there's absolutely no WAY she is only a DD. Both she and Sofia give my boobs sympathy pains. 
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Chet Desmond Chet Desmond wrote:

Oh, please make it stop.  It's like nails on a chalkboard.

I had to actually mute this commercial the other day!  Awful awful awful!!!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:28pm
I can't with this woman's voice, and I guess she looks pretty good for a 40-year-old woman. She's attractive in that Latina starlet kind of way, but she looks like any typical actress from that part of the world. I'm sure that in South America, thinner women with smaller breasts exist and I'm sure that some of them are still quite striking, but in a different way.

That being said, nobody I know likes her and like a lot of Latino actors and comedians, she's established no sense of personal identity aside from being Latino. As George Lopez can attest, it gets old really fast.

+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:43pm

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Jayne Mansfield:

Oh yeah, everyone does it to some extent, but she takes it REALLY far. So does Christina Hendricks, who has publicly said time and time again that she's a DD, but there's absolutely no WAY she is only a DD. Both she and Sofia give my boobs sympathy pains. 

Christina Hendricks...she bothers the f**k out of me.

I don't watch Mad Men and I don't even know that much about her, but from what I do know about her, I'm apparently not really missing out because seemingly all she can ever talk about is how big her tits are yet she expects to be taken seriously as an actress.

Aside from that, I'm tired of her exploiting women's insecurities, just like Scarlett Johannsen does. Yes, we get it. We all know that you think you deserve a Nobel prize for braving a larger dress size in Hollywood, but let's clear something up: if it wasn't for those two corpulent snowglobes  exploding out of your sternum, you'd still be starving. It's nice you can get away with being "Hollywood fat" because you have huge tits, but some of us aren't born with the same  predisposition, and as long as men fail to understand that, you aren't doing jack sh*t to help us feel better about ourselves. Smaller-chested girls still have to diet because after all what use are you if you're a fat chick with little tits?

At least Sofia Vergara isn't doing this. Yet.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:59pm
She's attractive, sure...but I'm really tired of seeing her pimping 7 different products, too.

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 2:34pm
I think companies are banking on her because she is "safe" diversity. They think she appeals to all races, while they all circle jerk each other saying "LOOK HOW DIVERSE WE ARE". Ugh. Besides that god awful accent she passes for a normal white woman fairly easily.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic