Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smoking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 5:51pm
I wonder if those ultra-thin Capris or Virginia Slims still exist?  I guess if you've smoked so long that your lungs are so weak....

Sponsored Links

Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I dated a guy who smoked BELAIRS - talk about old lady butts.

LOL   Back when I smoked, you got mercilessly laughed at if you didn't tear the filters off your Camels.  There's smokin', then there's SMOKIN'!  

We were all intensely stupid.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Skerlnik Skerlnik wrote:

I wonder if those ultra-thin Capris or Virginia Slims still exist?  I guess if you've smoked so long that your lungs are so weak....

A gal I used to date told me that when she was in high school they referred to Virginia Slims as "Vagina Slimes".

Hey.... teenagers, eh?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 7:10pm

The lady who works next to me smokes Virginia Slims.

I remember my sister sounding like a dork when she'd ask for "A pack of Benson and Hedges Ultra Light 100s, please!" LOL
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 7:28pm
I started out with Tareytons because that's what my mom and dad smoked.  Then Winston, then Winston Lights, then a brand called "Real" made by RJ Reynolds.  They were good. Then they quit making them, and RJ Reynolds sent me coupons for free Camel Lights. 

I quit on National Smoke Out day in 1985. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 8:15pm
When I was a teen, the cool brand was Marlboro Reds. Some kids smoked Marlboro Greens Menthols. When I couldn't get them, I'd swipe my dad's Winstons.

During college we mostly smoked Marlboro Lights, then after mostly quitting for a few years when I started back up & smokes had gone up to the expensive price of over a buck a pack, I found that Dorals were a very nice substitute foir Marlboros.

On the extremely rare occasion that I smoke nowadyas, I still do the Dorals.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 8:27pm
My "Benson and Hedges" sister switched to Kent because for some odd reason, she can't get her brand through the Indian Reservation in New York anymore.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 8:42pm
Now that you mention it, some of the kids & knew in HS smoked B&H's, too.

C'mon, man!
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 10:39pm
I smoked whatever I could steal from the vending machine at the Quik Mart.

Any brand is cool when it's a stolen smoke.  Big props for giving your friends/hot girls whole packs, like it was no big thing.   Thumbs%20Up

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 8:20am
I smoked pot once.  I smoke the occasional hookah, from time to time.  I smoke about once a month
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 10:48am
I quit about 30 years ago, but I'd start again in a second if it weren't for the bad health effects.  When I smell someone light up it's tempting.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

I quit about 30 years ago, but I'd start again in a second if it weren't for the bad health effects.  When I smell someone light up it's tempting.

musicman,

Have you ever had a dream where you smoked, then woke up feeling guilty?  Then being thankful it was only a dream? (sh*t, I sound like Chris Farley)
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

musicman,

Have you ever had a dream where you smoked, then woke up feeling guilty?  Then being thankful it was only a dream? (sh*t, I sound like Chris Farley)

Funny you should mention this, Hooty. A lot of ex-smokers I know have dreams they are smoking.

I had a dream once I was snorting coke. I guess that says a lot about my past! LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 3:36pm

Larks?  Wow.....I think you win the obscure, old-woman's ciggie brand contest! LOL

I wonder if they still make those? 

How's this for obscure?  I actually bought a pack of these in the 80's:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 3:40pm

I smoked whatever I could steal from the vending machine at the Quik Mart.

Any brand is cool when it's a stolen smoke.  Big props for giving your friends/hot girls whole packs, like it was no big thing.   Thumbs%20Up

I worked at a drug store when I was in high school.  Unfortunately, I didn't smoke at the time.  I did, however, give packs and lighters to my friends who would visit me at the store.

FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 11:20pm
I smoked a ciggerette once. It was so nasty. I will never do it again! As far as pot, no. though I had lots of oppertunities to try, but i was too scared about what might happen haha.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 9:34am
I used to do cigarettes although nowadays If I smoke it's mostly cigars. My favorites are those Kahlua flavored ones. Most times I dip Snus. My favorites are Camel Snus Frost flavor and Skoal Cinnamon flavor.  
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic